Roy Hodgson appointed new England manager

Ishmael

If you look at his CV and what he achieved at clubs relative to where they were when he joined, it is on the whole outstanding:

Successes:

1976 Halmstad - relegation contenders to League winners 1976 and 1979

1985 Malmo - 5 league titles

1990 Neuchatel Xamax - beat Celtic and Real Madrid in Europe with a team that has only twice won the Swiss league.

1992 Switzerland - qualified for 1994 World Cup losing only 1 game in a qualification group containing Italy and Portugal. Qualified for Euro 96 and got Switzerland to 3rd in the World.

1995 Inter Milan - Got a bad Inter team to 3rd and the UEFA Cup Final

2000 Copenhagen - Took a team from 7th to Champions

2004 Viking - Relegation threatened to 5th and UEFA Cup, beating Monaco.

2006 Finland - Best ever qualification performance.

2007 Fulham - Relegation certainties to UEFA Cup Semi.

Failures:

1982 Bristol City caretaker of broke club

1997 Blackburn 13th to 6th but then left at bottom of table in December 2008 after £20m spent

has the draw been done for the world cup qulaifiers yet.....romania, russia, france,greece and ukraine.

I was on about the Euro's.

i was making a lame joke about his struggle with a certain letter.

It's irrelevant who gets the England job, the old guard are done, the young 'uns are raw. I'll support Woy though at least he's likeble as opposed to saggy face.

It's irrelevant because the old guard are s*** and the FA won't allow them to be dropped, the new ones when they do eventually come through will be s*** because it's an English team.

Whatever happens every England squad will only contest of the sky clubs players and not players on merit and ability. We will always have players who should be in our squads missing out because of a media wonkiest over someone else who doesn't have half the ability. Gerrard hasn't been good enough to be in an England squad for as long as I can remember, Terry has pushed it for the last 3 years. God knows why Beckham still gets mentioned for featuring in them. Lampard has never played his best for England. Rooney hasn't done well since 2004 for England. Ashley Cole was a good player for England but hasn't played his best for 2 years or so. Ferdinand is a pretty good defender but this season has been inconsistent from him, mostly due to injuries and will still be picked for the Euros. Don't get me started on the goalkeepers we have had, every time we get a good tool keeper he puts that sort on and thats his footballing career all but over.

Now lets look at some of the new squad.

Walcott, inconsistant and rarely has his good days. Chamberlain has only just started playing regularly for Arsenal and is being over rated in his performance ratings. Wellbeck has dome well for Man Utd when he's played, probably the most promising of our younger players. Cahill is alright but a lot of his rating are again over rated.

I honestly can't see us getting out of the group stages.

thats on a par with rawk quote earlier.

If England get out out of the group stages then I'll change my username to Dumbo with a picture of Dumbo the elephant as my display picture for a month.

Also I'll have my signature changed to "Roy (or whoever is England manager) is my king" for 6 months.

If I'm right though then you have to donate £10 to the SBR foundation.

it's the rubbisah about the FA not allowing players to be dropped then you slag off the youngsters who would come in.

Because it's the same with the younger players. All the ones playing for the bigger teams still get picked while theirs players out there who should be playing for England who aren't. We don't need a team full of youth, we just need to stop this constant sank fest of big names teams. Theirs no point in replacing the likes of Lampard, Gerrard etc with equally as over rated players like Walcott, Chamberlain etc.

It's irrelevant who gets the England job, the old guard are done, the young 'uns are raw. I'll support Woy though at least he's likeble as opposed to saggy face.

It's irrelevant because the old guard are s*** and the FA won't allow them to be dropped, the new ones when they do eventually come through will be s*** because it's an English team.

Whatever happens every England squad will only contest of the sky clubs players and not players on merit and ability. We will always have players who should be in our squads missing out because of a media wonkiest over someone else who doesn't have half the ability. Gerrard hasn't been good enough to be in an England squad for as long as I can remember, Terry has pushed it for the last 3 years. God knows why Beckham still gets mentioned for featuring in them. Lampard has never played his best for England. Rooney hasn't done well since 2004 for England. Ashley Cole was a good player for England but hasn't played his best for 2 years or so. Ferdinand is a pretty good defender but this season has been inconsistent from him, mostly due to injuries and will still be picked for the Euros. Don't get me started on the goalkeepers we have had, every time we get a good tool keeper he puts that sort on and thats his footballing career all but over.

Walcott, inconsistant and rarely has his good days. Chamberlain has only just started playing regularly for Arsenal and is being over rated in his performance ratings. Wellbeck has dome well for Man Utd when he's played, probably the most promising of our younger players. Cahill is alright but a lot of his rating are again over rated.

If England get out out of the group stages then I'll change my username to Dumbo with a picture of Dumbo the elephant as my display picture for a month.

Also I'll have my signature changed to "Roy (or whoever is England manager) is my king" for 6 months.

it's the rubbisah about the FA not allowing players to be dropped then you slag off the youngsters who would come in.

Because it's the same with the younger players. All the ones playing for the bigger teams still get picked while theirs players out there who should be playing for England who aren't. We don't need a team full of youth, we just need to stop this constant sank fest of big names teams. Theirs no point in replacing the likes of Lampard, Gerrard etc with equally as over rated players like Walcott, Chamberlain etc.

the problem is that on league form they have been ok (admittedly they are now falling to bits but this argument has been raging for years when they were playing very well in the league)and we just don't have anyone good enough to come in, except those youngsters you are talking about. for example, central midfield, take out the old guard and who the fuck is there ?

Guest Chubby Jason

I worry for him because he will be slated from the get-go by the gutter press but he's intelligent enough to know to ignore that shite. If we get a result against France then 'arry will soon be forgotten about.

Apparently Sky were comparing Redknapp not getting the England job with Brian Clough not getting it earlier. Surely not?

Apparently Sky were comparing Redknapp not getting the England job with Brian Clough not getting it earlier. Surely not?

it's similar in that the person everyone thought would get it, didn't, the difference is that people wanted clough to get it.

Guest Chubby Jason

And Clough was an actual top class coach. I hope Redknapp has enough dignity to say no to a punditry gig at the Euro's but I'd image he will be there for all to see come the summer.

the problem is that on league form they have been ok (admittedly they are now falling to bits but this argument has been raging for years when they were playing very well in the league)and we just don't have anyone good enough to come in, except those youngsters you are talking about. for example, central midfield, take out the old guard and who the fuck is there ?

They should never have been in for years. They have shown time and time again they will not perform playing in an England shirt.

Theirs not many players I can say should come in but the younger ones being talked about in the press just aren't the answer. They are as over rated as the current crop of players are.

I worry for him because he will be slated from the get-go by the gutter press but he's intelligent enough to know to ignore that shite. If we get a result against France then 'arry will soon be forgotten about.

The press will turn on him sooner or later. He could lead us to a World Cup win and then die whilst still in management and the press would slag him off for it.

It's a poisoned chalice, with the players we have we are never going to win anything and the press unless you win something aren't ever going to give you credit before they turn on you.

the problem is that on league form they have been ok (admittedly they are now falling to bits but this argument has been raging for years when they were playing very well in the league)and we just don't have anyone good enough to come in, except those youngsters you are talking about. for example, central midfield, take out the old guard and who the f*** is there ?

They should never have been in for years. They have shown time and time again they will not perform playing in an England shirt.

Theirs not many players I can say should come in but the younger ones being talked about in the press just aren't the answer. They are as over rated as the current crop of players are.

so you can  play those that have at least done it big stages domestically or play the others. have you seen who the other are ? central midfield who would you pick ?

Guest Chubby Jason

the problem is that on league form they have been ok (admittedly they are now falling to bits but this argument has been raging for years when they were playing very well in the league)and we just don't have anyone good enough to come in, except those youngsters you are talking about. for example, central midfield, take out the old guard and who the f*** is there ?

so you can  play those that have at least done it big stages domestically or play the others. have you seen who the other are ? central midfield who would you pick ?

How long till the "Catts for me like" posts start?

Before his cardiac arrest Muamba would have got into my squad. Jack Rodwell.

Before his cardiac arrest Muamba would have got into my squad. Jack Rodwell.

would you have started them as i'd doubt we'd even have qualified with those selections.

Guest Chubby Jason

Wilshere looks like he will be a brilliant player and would be in our first 11 if Arsenal didn't have such a shit medical team. Cleverly also looks very good, it's just a shame he's spent all season injured too.

Glad Redknapp will still be going to St Mary's next season to get the absolute fucking dog's abuse the man deserves. Sky should introduce a "Harry Cam" for that game in the mould of the old Player Cam, with SkyBet offering odds on how many times he twitches, how many Saints fans Joe Jordan offers to fight, how many Harry tries to have thrown out... God if they finish 4th I'm getting a Chelsea shirt for the final.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Glad Redknapp will still be going to St Mary's next season to get the absolute f***ing dog's abuse the man deserves. Sky should introduce a "Harry Cam" for that game in the mould of the old Player Cam, with SkyBet offering odds on how many times he twitches, how many Saints fans Joe Jordan offers to fight, how many Harry tries to have thrown out... God if they finish 4th I'm getting a Chelsea shirt for the final.

:D

bit of a shame really, looking at spurs remaining games i don't think saggy will get the grief/p*ss taking he desrves.

reading glory glory (hi greg) the other day and theres a fair few spuds fans were looking forward to him getting the england job as they aren't to happy with him.

Poeple go over the top about Hodgson's record imo. It looks like he's good at getting the best out of small teams with low expectations, and thats his level. Anyone describing him as a 'calm' manager didnt see him at Liverpool or even WBA at times this season. At Liverpool he was having an emtional meltdown on the sidedown every game, if not rubbing his face like a mad man, bitching his head off to the coaches about his players. Aswell as getting involved in pointless disagreements with the media. On the pitch you cant deny performances were dire. The squad wasnt the best ever, but it was better than what they were showing, which was zero inspiration. I dislike the media love-in with Redknapp and his public tapping up of players as much as anyone, but I think he was still the better option purley to get the best out of the current players, and to get them playing with more expression/less fear. "He's not a tactical genuis"... is Roy Hodgson? I wouldnt really say he stands out in that department put it that way.

This news is great for us Harry haters ;D

Woy seems a nice guy and a decent manager...I'm sure he'd do a wonderful job of getting England to quarter finals. But I still won't be supporting them.

I'm just giddy thinking about how the saggy melted candle-faced twat is feeling tonight.