Roy Hodgson appointed new England manager

Ishmael

I'm loving the amount of uproar this appointment is causing amongst Liverpool fans. They seem to be overlooking the fact Woy's record in the league was pretty much the same as Dalglish's.

Roy's a lovely guy and sets his teams up well. I dont like England much and expect nothing of them so if Roy get it the main reason I'll support them is for him and I certainly wont turn on him if things go wrong

Guest Craig-NUFC

Journo's seem to think Roy will be the only person getting a call and that the job is his if he wants it

Roy would make the England team a lot more popular, I think. You can't help but want the guy to do well.

We might actually do quite well, too. I like the way his teams are set up - solid but with pace, usually.

Not a bad choice for the England job like. Will certainly receive my backing if he is appointed England manager.

Thought Redknapp was a certainty for the job and I would have just about stomached him as the face of the national team but with this latest development, all I'll say is, fuck him, haha :lol:

Roy would make the England team a lot more popular, I think. You can't help but want the guy to do well.

Don't the press and the majority of football fans (the likes that don't use forums) already hold opposing views?

Roy has a lot of work to do - both on and off the television.

Personally, I think it's a bad choice. For me Roy isn't cut out for that stage. He's a nice guy who can't deal with the overly critical high pressure jobs IMO.

Saying that, I'm happy for him, and hopefully he can rattle a few cages up in city hall.

Guest Brendan_Rice

I was hoping Arry would have got it, as some of the Spurs players seem to be holding out to see what happens next

That appointment may renew some of my interest in England. It would've been about the last straw had Redknapp been appointed; it would've meant loathsome individuals throughout the entire set-up. Hodgson's a likeable bloke but more importantly, a good footballing person, who has had teams playing nice football since his return to the Premier League.

Hmmm didn't do well under pressure at Liverpool and there's arguably more pressure going to be on him at England. This will indeed be interesting if he takes the reigns.

To be fair it was mostly down to the players putting in horrible shifts rather than him not doing well due to the pressure.  His players bottled it far more than he did.

England career over for gerrard and Johnson.

sounds good

Sounds great.

We might actually do quite well, too. I like the way his teams are set up - solid but with pace, usually.

:thup: I'll support him. I'm optimistic.

That appointment may renew some of my interest in England. It would've been about the last straw had Redknapp been appointed; it would've meant loathsome individuals throughout the entire set-up. Hodgson's a likeable bloke but more importantly, a good footballing person, who has had teams playing nice football since his return to the Premier League.

I wouldn't agree with that personally, although totally with you about the rest of it.

Don't the press and the majority of football fans (the likes that don't use forums) already hold opposing views?

Roy has a lot of work to do - both on and off the television.

I think generally there's a lot of apathy about the England team at the moment - people will watch the game on TV, get behind them for a World Cup/Euros but show a high level of indifference because 'well we're always shit when it counts'.