Roy Hodgson appointed new England manager

Ishmael

"Hang getting the best English manager, because one look at the league table says that's Redknapp. FA Cup winner in 2008, League Cup finalist in 2009, Champions League qualifier in 2010, Champions League quarter-finalist in 2011, top four again in 2012, and by popular consent architect of the most attractive team in the Premier League. And he's not for them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2137123/Roy-Hodgson--Is-England-job-Mr-Average.html#ixzz1tTnGWEW8"

Makes me fucking angry, that. So disrespectful.

"Hang getting the best English manager, because one look at the league table says that's Redknapp. FA Cup winner in 2008, League Cup finalist in 2009, Champions League qualifier in 2010, Champions League quarter-finalist in 2011, top four again in 2012, and by popular consent architect of the most attractive team in the Premier League. And he's not for them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2137123/Roy-Hodgson--Is-England-job-Mr-Average.html#ixzz1tTnGWEW8"

Makes me f***ing angry, that. So disrespectful.

I've got to agree with that though, as much ad I hate the press.

Hodgson doesn't stand a chance, does he?  :hmm:

depends. I wonder what is being said on other forums, is harry universally hated ?

I meant with the press tbh.

Honestly think the general public would be far happier with Hodgson than Redknapp but the media have a massive influence on people's perceptions. Whether it be a General Election or the England manager, weak-minded people will be swayed by what they read in the tabloids. It's sad but it happens. Poor fucker doesn't stand a chance. :hmm:

Aye, post a Martin Samuel article. Nine months ago he tipped us to go down because we'd replaced our 'best player' (Nolan) with Yohan Cabaye.

not just him. it was a recurring theme. just confirmed my opinion that the football media is in a comfort zone that misses loads (world soccer excluded)

Hodgson doesn't stand a chance, does he?  :hmm:

depends. I wonder what is being said on other forums, is harry universally hated ?

I meant with the press tbh.

Honestly think the general public would be far happier with Hodgson than Redknapp but the media have a massive influence on people's perceptions. Whether it be a General Election or the England manager, weak-minded people will be swayed by what they read in the tabloids. It's sad but it happens. Poor f***er doesn't stand a chance. :hmm:

yeah i know but would the press attitude change if they thought people loathed redknapp and were happier with woy ?

One trophy in 30 years of management (by bankrupting a club and playing two Championship  teams) isn't even average. Even Juande Ramos won something with a worse Spurs team in a few months in England, Alex Mcleish has matched his career achievements.

Aye, post a Martin Samuel article. Nine months ago he tipped us to go down because we'd replaced our 'best player' (Nolan) with Yohan Cabaye.

not just him. it was a recurring theme. just confirmed my opinion that the football media is in a comfort zone that misses loads (world soccer excluded)

His words were the strongest, and most ludicrous given he's one of the more respected hacks.

Makes me fucking angry, that. So disrespectful.

Fucking hell, you wouldn't think that they've/he's just moved back to level on points with us/Pardew today. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Are the media mistaking Harry being the fans' choice, with being the media's?

SSN have been in overdrive this morning and its cringeworthy. for 18 months the media has campaigned for Arry and their hard works been pissed on. Good!

Makes me f***ing angry, that. So disrespectful.

I've got to agree with that though, as much ad I hate the press.

Is it fuck though. Look at Hodgson's past, there's a manager with a colourful CV.

All Harry does is bring relative success, bankrupts then fucks off. He's a club manager anyway IMO