Roy Hodgson appointed new England manager

Ishmael

FA Statement: Roy Hodgson

Sunday, 29 April, 2012

Approach made to WBA regarding England Manager's position.

West Bromwich Albion have today granted permission for The FA to speak with Roy Hodgson regarding the position of England Manager.

This follows an approach from FA Chairman David Bernstein to West Bromwich Albion Chairman Jeremy Peace.

David Bernstein said: "I'm grateful to Jeremy and all at West Bromwich Albion for their co-operation in allowing us to approach Roy, who I have since spoken with.

"Roy is the only manager we have approached and we remain on course to make an appointment within the timescale we set-out soon after Fabio Capello's departure.

"Further conversations will now take place with Roy and my Club England colleagues before any further announcements can be made."

Errr  :lol: :lol:

You Jelly Saggy Face? :troll:

Although, I'm sure in the run up to Woy's first game in charge there'll be a soundbite somewhere of 'yeah, I could've had the England job, but I had a great offer from Spurs to stay. I feel we're really on the verge of something. Best of luck to Woy, will he do as well as I would've? We'll see'.

We got hit by the "Harry's not going to prison" euphoria wave in our 5 - 0 defeat. The following games, up until today's win, was Spurs being hit by the "Harry's going to be England manager" wave. Now the FA reveal their hand and Spurs may well have been unsettled for no reason.  :lol:

We got hit by the "Harry's not going to prison" euphoria wave in our 5 - 0 defeat. The following games, up until today's win, was Spurs being hit by the "Harry's going to be England manager" wave. Now the FA reveal their hand and Spurs may well have been unsettled for no reason.  :lol:

He tapped himself up and unsettle his own team.  :lol: