Roy Hodgson appointed new England manager

Ishmael

Guest Heneage

To think many in England didn't rate him because of a bad time at Blackburn.

You, of course, were in the minority though. :lol:

Did that post state my opinion on him? I knew sweet FA about him in all honesty, but his record speaks for itself. You should also never write a manager off because of one job when he has as much success at other clubs as he does.

Guest toonlass

Despite sounding like Peggy Mitchell he has done one hell of a job at Fulham. Am quite pleased for their fans too, how often do they have anything like this to celebrate. Well done Fulham :clap:

Hodgsons reputation in Sweden has always been excellent. Won the Swedish League several times, and changed Swedish football in his time at Malmö FF. The model that has been the recipe for our - recently pretty successful - national team is entirely based on his tactical approach from that time and especially the way his teams defended.

So happy for Fulham, very likeable club.

Hodgsons reputation in Sweden has always been excellent. Won the Swedish League several times, and changed Swedish football in his time at Malmö FF. The model that has been the recipe for our - recently pretty successful - national team is entirely based on his tactical approach from that time and especially the way his teams defended.

His reputation everywhere he's been is fantastic. I remember reading an article about his time with Switzerland, he qualified them for major tournaments for the first time in years but apparently he also worked tirelessly behind the scenes in setting up a youth system etc which laid the groundwork for continued success. He took an Inter side at their lowest eb to a UEFA Cup final only to lose on penalties aswell, subsequently the team Hodsgon built their went on to win the league the next season under different management.

I'm a cynical guy. I often pick faults in other teams but this time, come on Fulham. No grievance at all with an honest club that have been open with people and said, "look, UEFA Cup is our priority".

Decent squad, bound together with incredible spirit and I fucking hope they can do it!  :clap2:

He took an Inter side at their lowest eb to a UEFA Cup final only to lose on penalties aswell, subsequently the team Hodsgon built their went on to win the league the next season under different management.

I remember their team back then consisting of  the likes of Pagliuca, Bergomi, Zanetti, Aron Winter, Berti, Zamorano, Ganz, Angloma, Djorkaeff,  Ince (I think he bought the latter 3) and one Allesandro Pistone (actually looked canny good then).

I don't think the Inter job was as big a job as it is nowadays too, I remember AC Milan and Juventus certainly being bigger jobs, Fiorentina (with Batigol, Rui Costa, Toldo etc) were up there, Parma spending millions at the time,  Lazio were up there, then you had Mancini's Sampdoria, Zola's Napoli, Roma ?

Well done Fulham   :coolsmiley: