Roy Hodgson appointed new England manager

Ishmael

Guest firetotheworks

He'd be perfect for us, but such is my love for the bloke, I'd rather him be somewhere that isn't highly likely to destroy him.

His stock has risen, I think Fulham were ridiculed when they first appointed him, but he has done an awesome job and seems a good bloke to. If Capello goes after the World Cup then I think Roy would be one of the 1st names on the list to replace him especially if they go down the English route.

I'm a cynical guy. I often pick faults in other teams but this time, come on Fulham. No grievance at all with an honest club that have been open with people and said, "look, UEFA Cup is our priority".

Decent squad, bound together with incredible spirit and I f***ing hope they can do it!  :clap2:

And to think they just sort of stumbled across this run. I remember in the group stages seeing the likes of Riise, Greening, Kamara, etc all playing.

I'm a cynical guy. I often pick faults in other teams but this time, come on Fulham. No grievance at all with an honest club that have been open with people and said, "look, UEFA Cup is our priority".

Decent squad, bound together with incredible spirit and I f***ing hope they can do it!  :clap2:

And to think they just sort of stumbled across this run. I remember in the group stages seeing the likes of Riise, Greening, Kamara, etc all playing.

Yeah, I'm sure Hodgson actually came out and said he wants too fussed about the UEFA cup and he said qualifying for it was part of his downfall at Blackburn.

It's a bit of a lesson in how fragile, and how unfair, the reputation of a manager can be. Despite a previous good record, after Blackburn were relegated, he wasn't taken seriously for any of the better jobs in this country. It took a struggling Fulham to give him a chance, and he's shown what he can do.

It's a bit of a lesson in how fragile, and how unfair, the reputation of a manager can be. Despite a previous good record, after Blackburn were relegated, he wasn't taken seriously for any of the better jobs in this country. It took a struggling Fulham to give him a chance, and he's shown what he can do.

Bit like Robson at West Brom.

Not enough second chances in this game any more.

Fulham have been given an allocation of 12,500 for the Final, they have 10,000 season-ticket holders, who are each allowed a maximum of 4 each...work that one out.

23.9% of the stadium - what a fucking joke.

Bit like Robson at West Brom.

Not enough second chances in this game any more.

Bryan Robson being shit might have something to do with it.

Guest Howaythetoon

His Inter Milan side played good football for an Italian side. Back then Serie A was at its best, arguably the best league in the world in those days with strong sides like Fiorentina, Juventus, Inter, AC Milan, Lazio, Roma, Parma and Sampdoria. I used to love watching it in the early 90s. As for Hodgson, he's not only a top manager he's also very likeable in the way Sir Bobby was. I hope Fulham go on to win it.

Guest toonlass

Fulham have failed in their attempt to move their final Premier League game of the season from Sunday to Saturday.

The Cottagers wanted to face Arsenal a day earlier so they could have extra time to prepare for the Europa League final against Atletico Madrid.

Fulham play in Hamburg on Wednesday but the Premier League have to ensure the integrity of the domestic competition.

Meanwhile, Fulham have asked Uefa for more tickets for the final, after selling out their 12,650 allocation.

Fulham claim the scarcity of tickets for the game against Atletico Madrid is due to "unprecedented demand," after selling out in under four hours.

But fan groups have blamed a decision to let season ticket holders buy up to four tickets for the game.

"We are lobbying for more tickets, fans should register with us," said Fulham's communications director Sarah Brookes.

Uefa, European football's governing body, was unable to comment on Fulham's appeal for more tickets on Wednesday.

The Craven Cottage club has 10,000 season ticket holders but the decision to allow them to buy up to four tickets each could mean that some regular supporters miss out.

606: DEBATE

Should Fulham get more tickets for the Europa League final?

Tickets went on sale at 0700 BST on Friday, less than 12 hours after Fulham booked their place in their first ever European final with a 2-1 win over Hamburg.

And Fulham supporters' club spokesman John Aitken, 50, described the club's ticketing policy as "a joke."

"It is always a constant battle, we have been in the Premier League for 10 years and got to a European final, we are established, but the club are acting like we are still in the old third division," said Aitken.

"They took about £1m in a morning, surely the computer system should have told them that they needed to hold some back for other season ticket holders?"

Mr Aitken, who predicts Fulham could have up to 20,000 supporters in Germany, said he missed out on tickets, despite being a season ticket holder and going to the club's ground on Friday morning.

"I went down to the office to collect tickets for the West Ham game, but they said I had to apply online for the Europa tickets By the time I got home and logged on they had already sold out," he said.

Fulham say they had no choice but to sell as many tickets as possible, pointing to the fact that they have not sold out a single away ticket allocation during their historic 18-game European odyssey.

"We had a limited window to sell off our tickets and if we didn't manage to sell them all then the club would have taken a million-pound financial hit," continued Brookes.

"We apologise, of course we apologise if anyone has missed out, but this really is an unprecedented level of demand - we have never sold out an away ticket allocation so quickly.

Fulham's European adventure

Fulham's Europa League journey has taken them all over Europe

"We have asked fans to register with us if they don't have tickets and we are lobbying Uefa for more tickets."

Uefa confirmed both sides have been allocated 12,650 tickets for the final, with a further 14,000 available to the general public.

Many of the general public tickets are likely to have been bought by fans of Hamburg, who would have been hoping to see their team triumph on home soil, before they lost to Fulham in the semi-finals.

4,600 tickets go to the local organising committee, while the 6,100 tickets available to the Uefa associations and commercial partners make up the expected 49,000 capacity of the Hamburg Arena.

"We are looking at ways to help genuine supporters and season ticket holders who may have missed out and we will do all can to help and sort out any anomalies," said Brookes.

"But I am confident that the vast majority of fans who have followed us through thick and thin over the years will be with us in Hamburg."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can understand if Fulham fans who have followed their team home and away have missed out on tickets they would be annoyed. But even Fulham Football Club admits it has not sold out a European away tie this season. Plus Fulham have never brought a massive away following that I can remember. The club should have let the fans who have been to the Uefa cup away games buy tickets to this first, then fans who are season ticket holders and have been to the Uefa cup home games, then season ticket holders and then non-season ticket holders after that. It's not Uefa's fault that Fulham have administered the tickets wrongly.

Heard from a very reliable source (always rights about these sort of things), that Hodgson wants to come and manage at the toon and is in talks with Ashley next week. Says he always liked Newcastle and wanted to follow in Sir Bobbys footsteps.

Guest elbee909

Heard from a very reliable source (always rights about these sort of things), that Hodgson wants to come and manage at the toon and is in talks with Ashley next week. Says he always liked Newcastle and wanted to follow in Sir Bobbys footsteps.

I heard from a very reliable source that this is bollocks.

Sure, hodgson is going to throw away everything he's achieved at fulham to come into a relegation fight and we're going to destroy the first bit of stability we've had in a decade to switch managers for no good reason :lol:

Sure, hodgson is going to throw away everything he's achieved at fulham to come into a relegation fight and we're going to destroy the first bit of stability we've had in a decade to switch managers for no good reason :lol:

Would absolutely cream my fucking pants but there's no way there's any mileage in that at all.

And you my friends, have been whooshy whooshed by the Steggatron.

Guest elbee909

Would absolutely cream my fucking pants but there's no way there's any mileage in that at all.

And you my friends, have been whooshy whooshed by the Steggatron.

It's not a whoosh if it's just not very clever.  We expect retards to say retarded things and stick forks in their own eyes; they can't do that and claim irony, that they're subverting the tard genre or whatever.

Was an article in the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet in their Europa League final build-up about his time at Viking in Norway.

"Who are you? Franz Beckenbauer? Get the ball up to the big man and let him deal with it."

- Said to defender Alexander Gabrielsen who tried to play the ball in his own back four.

"I made this exercise yesterday in hope that we could improve. But I forgot I am in charge of a pub-team."

- Hodgson when he was unhappy at the way the Viking players did his new exercise.

"There are three categories of players. The first one are top class. You admire them. They will win you trophies. In the middle you find normal players. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. In the last category you find players you really dislike. They are shit and dont give you anything. And Bjørn Berland, you are in the last category."

-Said to Bjørn Berland for rather obvious reasons. :lol:

"I am really happy that you joined the training session. First of all you seem like a decent player. But most important, today I was not the fattest one on the training field."

- Said to a player during training.

"I couldn't care less about that Mickey Mouse tournament."

- Said to the junior team who wanted to show a trophy they'd won in a local tournament.

"Are you drunk? I really hope so. Because thats the only exuse for your passing today."

- Said during training.

After a match Hodgson made it perfectly clear to the press he would not comment on any questions about the referee. But still, someone asked. "What did you think about the ref?"

"What paper are you from? Dagbladet?" Hodgson replied.

"No, Nettavisen."

"Even worse." Hodgson said, before taking the pad and pen of the journo and wrote ABSOLUTELY NO COMMENT in capital letters.

There's more stuff, but I can't be arsed to translate it now. Might do it a bit later on before the final starts.