Bristol City 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 20/03/10 - post match reaction from p26

Dave

I cant f***ing stand Simpson for the love of my life, midtable championship player at best, why the f*** did we get him on a permanent basis, Raylor should start at RB, simple as.

I just gave up on Best, so f***ing thick, so f***ing s***.

Raylor is much, much worse.

Early goal second half to kill the atmosphere and I still think we can win this, strangely enough. A goalkeeping error and a fantastic strike and we're 2-0 down. In general play we've been miles better than them IMO.

Movement and control has been awful up front.

Hard to see where the goals are going to come from without Lovenkrands on the pitch, especially with the BC centrebacks doing pretty well in the air and therefore nullifying Carroll.

both our strikers are playing with their backs to goal, and carroll in particular has been limited to neat touches deep infield, not the way to get the best out of him. not sure we have anyone on the bench to change it round, though ranger should be a better option than best.

For a team top of the league our away record is shocking why we cannot just play the same way at home is totally puzzling we should be going away to teams like this and dictating the play...you dont see any other team who is top of their division with such a poor away record its a fucking disgrace..we now have lost the ability to keep clean sheets and win ugly away from home

this is why Hughton cannot be given a chance to manage in the prem league we would be lucky to win 1 game away from home with this clueless fuckwit in charge

Guest Phil K

That foul they scored from was a f***ing joke btw.

Sh*t happens. But I'm more annoyed at our own performances from several players.

Early goal second half the kill the atmosphere and I still think we can win this, strangely enough. A goalkeeping error and a fantastic strike and we're 2-0 down. In general play we've been miles better than them IMO.

:thup:

We've lacked creativity but that's to be expected with Bristol having everyone bar their strikes behind the ball. Generally we've been more fluid in possession than we normally are away from home and have dominated the half. Noticed that Harper's playing it short a lot more as well, which is slightly encouraging.

Best has at least worked hard, been strong on the ball and got on the end of a few chances. I think he can come good.

Guthrie and Jonas have been shocking though imo. Need much more from them both if we're to get back into this.

Dreadful stuff. Despite the mistake from Harper who the fuck was following in ffs? Two of them, ran into the box without anyone tracking them. Ridiculously simple stuff man. Jonas has been poor once again away from home. Leon Best is simply gash. Guthrie, other than his missed chance has been totally anonymous and not for the first time this season, still not the answer to our centre midfield woes imo.

The only reason they are ahead is because they simply want it more. We're just not interested and they're right up for it. They'll go on to win this, not because of ability, or luck, but through sheer desire.

Guest Phil K

I cant f***ing stand Simpson for the love of my life, midtable championship player at best, why the f*** did we get him on a permanent basis, Raylor should start at RB, simple as.

I just gave up on Best, so f***ing thick, so f***ing s***.

Raylor is much, much worse.

About the same I'd say

Positives - Routledge is looking decent (disagree he's been bad), Guthries's OK

I still feel if Best's locked in the dressing room, Carroll will score.

Routledge has been shocking to be honest.

Eh?

Not had a wonderful game but he's been involved and hardly had a shocker.

Jonas has been very poor, and Best may not as well be there.

For a team top of the league our away record is shocking why we cannot just play the same way at home is totally puzzling we should be going away to teams like this and dictating the play...you dont see any other team who is top of their division with such a poor away record its a fucking disgrace..we now have lost the ability to keep clean sheets and win ugly away from home

this is why Hughton cannot be given a chance to manage in the prem league we would be lucky to win 1 game away from home with this clueless fuckwit in charge

Two teams are above us on the away-table - West Brom and Swansea - with Cardiff on equal amount of points. Only one team has let in less goals than us as well. So it's hardly shocking away form.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Take Best off,move Routledge inside and bring on Pancrate.Let's have a forward who will face the goal.

Are you Peter Beagrie?

The gap between midfield and our 1(!!!) striker is massive. 

Our defence has been trying to play pretty football when at times it needs the Mike Williamson school of just putting your foot through it.

Jonas is getting frustrated, trying to do everything himself thereby messing up the team shape.

You just know Butt is going to be the first sub made by us.

Arrrggghhhh!!!!

Guest Phil K

Routledge has been shocking to be honest.

Eh?

Not had a wonderful game but he's been involved and hardly had a shocker.

Jonas has been very poor, and Best may not as well be there.

Best has been far more of a hindrance than a help

Hughton's made a colossal error with this bloke.

Two teams are above us on the away-table - West Brom and Swansea - with Cardiff on equal amount of points. Only one team has let in less goals than us as well. So it's hardly shocking away form.

Form-wise it is. I think it's one win since November. We started away really well but as our home form has improved, our away form has died a death. It's like watching two different sets of players. We look scared away from home whereas the opposition generally look absolutely terrified at SJP.