Bristol City 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 20/03/10 - post match reaction from p26

Dave

Harper 6 - Other than spill the ball for their first did well. No chance for their second wonder goal.

Simpson 6 - Ok but doesn't close people down quick enough see their second.

Coloccini 6.5 - Fairly Solid

Hall 6.5 - really impressed shame he pulled his hamstring.

Enrique 7.5 - Way too good for this league, a class above.

Routledge 6 - Quick but lacks that final bit of quality. Good in this league, but will below average in the premiership.

Guthrie 6 -  Missed a sitter, played some good balls and played some bad.

Nolan 6 - Missed a sitter and did little else

Gutierrez 8 - Absolutely brilliant at times, our best player this season imo, way too good for this league takes the absolute piss out of everyone. But some terrible passing at times today.

Carroll 7.5 - Scored one out of two good chances that fell his way. Excellent hold up play, flick on's and lay off's bringing others into the game.

Best 4 - Missed at least 4 very good chances could easily have had 2 or 3 today and did little else. Ranger deserves a chance instead.

Subs:

Kadar 6.5 - pretty good.

Bristol City were damned lucky not to get beat today IMO. They didn't really look like scoring but they got one gift and the other one was just pot luck. We were a bit hit and miss but we showed tremendous character to come back and by the end City were hanging on for dear life. Well done lads, a good point in the end, although it should have been three. Jammy bastards.

We should have put the game beyond doubt in that 1st half, but a constant stream of sloppy passes (mostly from Jonas) put a stop to that. He made amends with his goal though and a point was thoroughly deserved....maybe even a win. thats the type of comeback i've never seen from us before and its the luck of champions.....which probably explains why! Best is an absolute abortion of a footballer and I just don't understand why Ranger didn't come on.

I'd have taken this before the match and definitely after that first half. Good point, get another against Donny please (without conceding the first goal!!)

Guest malandro

the first goal should never of happened, never ever a foul

There was minimal contact but (as we found out a week or two back) there doesn’t have to be contact. Intent is enough, and Routledge’s intent was enough to upset the stride of the Bristol player who had no choice other than to fall over.

Where does that guy touch Carroll?  :lol:

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/97900153.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F595E15BB3A2A88BB94476346F78D2655BF1CDCE5F64618849

He was just checking out this:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/96653347.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F57DAF1A4340BD8583650B801EBB44841315EED11B679D2847

Guest Spark

That goal was such an amazing moment. I've watched it about 20 times and the reaction of the fans and players is fantastic. We seem to have a great team spirit at the moment. The whole bench went mental.

Guest neesy111

What kind of trouble does one get into if they jump on the pitch in a mass pitch "invasion" like tonight and get caught?

thrown out probs

What kind of trouble does one get into if they jump on the pitch in a mass pitch "invasion" like tonight and get caught?

Probably a 3 year ban from all grounds in the UK.

Probably a 3 year ban from all grounds in the UK.

Little to no chance of it actually being imposed though, if they want to get in they will.

Good f***ing comeback.

Canny pissed, necked 8 pints during the length of the game.  Should help with the cold.  Chicken Madras too.

Anyhow, we were s**** first half, never a free kick.  2nd half we came into it more and more as the game went on, Jonas looked well up for it. 

Best is s****, please start Ranger next time Lovelyhands isnt fit as this kid is f***ing w***.

Enrique makes me sperm a little in my pants everytime he plays.

:smitten:

'kin lightweight. Bristol Camra Beer festival at 11.30 after a Wetherspoons brekkie mit sherbert, back 'te pub cos I didn't want to get me heed kicked in at the Brissle end having failed to get tickets for the Toon end. Roast chicken legs, otherwise agree

Harper- 5 At fault for the goal

Simpson- 6 I thought he looked quite good, improving

Coloccini- 6 Never really took care of Haynes, pace upset him

Hall- 6 Did ok until he went off

Enrique- 7 Dominated

Routledge- 7 Took the game to Bristol

Guthrie- 7 Kept the second half ticking after a sloppy first

Nolan- 5 Way off the pace of the second half, should have scored

Jonas- 8 MOM Horrible first half, untouchable second

Best- 5 Improved in the second but was still shite

Carroll- 7 Getting better and better, no9 next year

I don't think we deserved to be 2-0 behind, we should have won on the basis of the 90mins.

Just got back, just checked the scores, got to be somewhat happy with a point in the end but really that's not good enough, our away form and our home form are so contrasting it's unreal, we should be rolling through teams like Bristol at their place. Brom are getting closer every game now, just 2 points behind, our game in hand is another away game, against a resurgent Reading, I've personally got that one down as a loss. We have to pick it up away from home, otherwise we could get a bit nervous come the end, we're fortunate in many ways that Forest have should even worse form away from home lately.

In two minds after that one, I'd probably have taken a point before the game, and would certainly have taken one at 2-0 down, but I can't help but feel frustrated as we had our chances and they were dead on their feet at the end.  Jonas was so Jekyll and Hyde today it was unbelievable.  Wasn't impressed with the rest of the midfield at all, and Leon Best can just fuck off.  Kadar did well when he came on again.  Harper for the first goal  :facepalm:

A decent point in the end. Could still have won it mind but I'd have taken a point at HT.

Can't afford to give teams a goal start though. Harper for the first goal and Simpson was shocking for the second. Both totally preventable and the type of individual errors we're going to have to cut out next year.