Bristol City 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 20/03/10 - post match reaction from p26

Dave

Guest neesy111

They've had all the luck, never free kick for 1st goal lucky block their v Guthrie , best having shocker

Early goal second half to kill the atmosphere and I still think we can win this, strangely enough. A goalkeeping error and a fantastic strike and we're 2-0 down. In general play we've been miles better than them IMO.

I think we've been very sloppy all over.

Guest Phil K

They've

Bristol City's home performance today is a lot like a typical Toon home performance. Don't think they've played brilliantly, but have been clinical when necessary.

They seem to have been at Newcastle's goal four times and scored twice.

We've had numerous chances and missed the lot.

Why is Guthrie trying to go round the goalie there? Bloody infuriating!

His first touch was poor and he pushed it too far, he gave himself no choice but to go around :(

Early goal second half to kill the atmosphere and I still think we can win this, strangely enough. A goalkeeping error and a fantastic strike and we're 2-0 down. In general play we've been miles better than them IMO.

Movement and control has been awful up front.

Hard to see where the goals are going to come from without Lovenkrands on the pitch, especially with the BC centrebacks doing pretty well in the air and therefore nullifying Carroll.

Hopefully today gives some of the people who go on about how we're pretty much already up a reality check.

What the f*** was Guthrie playing at? Absolutely ridiculous.

Then again, let's please not go on our usual "OMG we're getting relegated sack Hughton sell all the players" trips if we lose this one.

Terrible performance, but we're having horrible luck and I still think we can get back in this.

I think we've been very sloppy all over.

Oh I'm not denying we've been sloppy, far from it. I just fail to see what they've done so brilliantly in open play other than work their socks off. We've had some nice passages of play but fucked up at the final step.

Typical away performance, dominated all over the pitch by shite players. Guthrie really should have put that away at the end, Leon Best should be taken out into the woods and shot repeatedly.

FYP.

I still think we're in this like. We've been better in general play than in some games this year, as Dave said if we get an early goal in the 2nd half I'd fancy us to go on and get something from the game.

Nolan needs to do more. He needs to show for the shagging ball! Jonas is playing as a deep CM atm, stopping his and Jose's overlapping on the left side.

Get Best off, fucking useless prick. Doesn't show for the ball enough or bring any movement to the party.

Guest BooBoo

Poor by Harper for the first goal and the second was a real sucker punch. We're becoming a real soft touch away from home. We let ourselves get bullied much too easily.

Poor by Harper for the first goal and the second was a real sucker punch. We're becoming a real soft touch away from home. We let ourselves get bullied much too easily.

Watching Jonas today its no wonder.

Guest Phil K

Typical away performance, dominated all over the pitch by s**** players. Guthrie really should have put that away at the end, Leon Best should be taken out into the woods and shot repeatedly.

FYP.

I still think we're in this like. We've been better in general play than in some games this year, as Dave said if we get an early goal in the 2nd half I'd fancy us to go on and get something from the game.

Agree. We are still in it, but Best must be got shot of.

And most of the defenders need to get the riot act shouted at them - Harper included.

I cant fucking stand Simpson for the love of my life, midtable championship player at best, why the fuck did we get him on a permanent basis, Raylor should start at RB, simple as.

I just gave up on Best, so fucking thick, so fucking shit.