Fight/bust up at the training ground?

binnsy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got the below from SMB who it turn read it from http://www.nor-cross.co.uk/

The lad from SMB types "Found this on the back page of The Northern Cross catholic newspaper who Brian McNally writes for - interesting insight into the Carroll v Taylor bust up" before posting:

THE one thing that the

soap opera called Newcastle

United guarantees is that

even the most optimistic

episodes are undoubtedly

spiced with needless adversity,

tragi-comedy and selfdestruction.

As the more cynical hacks

in the sporting corps of the

North East press pack usually

put it: “The Toon can always

snatch defeat from the jaws

of victory.”

And so the penchant for implosion

reared its ugly head

again as we approached the

decisive Easter period with

the Magpies having established

what I consider an

unassailable position at the

head of the Championship.

Manager Chris Hughton

has largely kept the lid on the

dressing room madness that

was part and parcel of the

Newcastle United story for

most of their 16-year Premier

League era.

I use the word “largely” because

I was well aware of incidents

of indiscipline

involving some younger

members of the squad that

were successfully covered up

by the Toon top brass in a

season that has been pleasantly

productive on the pitch.

It was maybe the fact that

some of these youthful excesses

were successfully kept

out of the media that Newcastle

felt emboldened to try

and suppress any reportage of

the training ground bust-up

between striker Andy Carroll

and central defender Steven

Taylor that saw the former

England under-21 skipper

suffer a double fracture to his

jaw.

When a clearly traumatized

Taylor was seen entering a

public ward of an NHS hospital

in Newcastle holding

his jaw on Sunday, March 21,

newspapers and journalists

were flooded with calls from

anxious Toon fans.

As Carroll was also spotted

in hospital on the same day

with injuries to both his

hands, it didn’t require a

Sherlock Holmes to deduce

from the evidence that an altercation

involving the two

Newcastle players had taken

place.

Within a very short space of

time the details of the incident

which took place while

Taylor was having an ice bath

at the Magpies training centre

at Little Benton were soon

being relayed to the media by

eye witnesses.

My information came directly

from the camp of one

of the players involved as

well as from other Newcastle

insiders.

From what I was told, it

was a shameful, outrageous,

incident that should not go

unpunished.

In just about any other work

place in the land, the offender

would have been suspended

pending an internal investigation.

Newcastle’s response to a

clearly unacceptable incident

that left a star player valued

in the £8million bracket with

injuries so serious that he

couldn’t work was to act as if

absolutely nothing had happened.

Publicly, Newcastle were in

denial. Privately, there were

admissions that the silence

was because of a “delicate”

legal situation.

Andy Carroll is on bail until

April 29 on a charge of assault

occasioning actual bodily

harm after a completely

separate incident at a Newcastle

city centre night club.

That allegation will be heard

in a public court of law over

which the football club has

no jurisdiction or influence to

keep the matter out of the

press.

The wall of silence Newcastle

erected over the internal

incident has done their

reputation no good.

By failing to come clean on

the incident they are guilty of

moral cowardice. And their

stance contrasts sharply with

their attitude to previous indiscretions

committed by

players.

We were told back in 2008

that such was Mike Ashley’s

disgust with Joey Barton’s

penchant for thumping people

that the billionaire owner

wanted to kick him out of the

club despite the then manager

Kevin Keegan’s protests.

And when Carroll was

charged with assault last December

after a man was allegedly

glassed in a night

club in Newcastle, Carroll

was dropped from the Newcastle

team.

That led me to believe

Newcastle were making a

principled stand against the

alleged thuggery that has

blackened the club’s name for

far too long.

Sadly, it seems that the

Newcastle top brass believe

that by saying nothing about

the Taylor incident then the

inevitable repercussions will

somehow go away.

As I revealed in the Sunday

Mirror, what is sickening is

that there has been a disgusting

internet and email campaign

directed at blackening

Taylor’s name with accusations

that he is arrogant and

too friendly with the media,

while Carroll is presented as

simply being “a good lad

who is just easily wound up.”

Such conjecture is inevitable

given the club’s reluctance

to state the facts of

the matter.

Hughton is a man whom I

have come to admire this season

but when I questioned

him about the incident I was

disappointed with the way he

avoided the issues of principle

involved.

I can promise Newcastle

United that the truth about

what happened will come

out.

Too many people witnessed

the incident for the facts to be

permanently hidden.

Unfortunately, it seems that

this sorry saga will end with

Taylor, a fine and model professional,

leaving the club for

a top Premier League club.

It is heartening that Newcastle

also are heading for the

Premier League, but disappointing

that it is with a leadership

that appears to have

abandoned principle in

favour of expediency.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=486366#ixzz0kMiUQ0mS

The lad from SMB types "Found this on the back page of The Northern Cross catholic newspaper who Brian McNally writes for - interesting insight into the Carroll v Taylor bust up" before posting:

Not that much different to his other 'I can promise the truth will come out', 'Taylor and his family indicated to me', morally outraged columns in the other rags tbh.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-mcnally/Why-Newcastle-must-reveal-the-truth-about-the-Carroll-Taylor-fight-if-they-are-to-restore-credibility-to-their-tarnished-disciplinary-reputation-The-Brian-McNally-Column-article368429.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/03/28/run-out-of-toon-115875-22143644/

Not that much different to his other 'I can promise the truth will come out', 'Taylor and his family indicated to me', morally outraged columns in the other rags tbh.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-mcnally/Why-Newcastle-must-reveal-the-truth-about-the-Carroll-Taylor-fight-if-they-are-to-restore-credibility-to-their-tarnished-disciplinary-reputation-The-Brian-McNally-Column-article368429.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/03/28/run-out-of-toon-115875-22143644/

so basically he knows jack shit and is pissed off that we are keeping discipline things off the record

Guest firetotheworks

That bit about how people are trying to blacken Taylor's name by saying he's arrogant and too friendly with the media is interesting, considering the media writing the article finish with a part about how its a shame Taylor will leave. Considering I know, for a fact that Taylor is arrogant and has been since school, I can put 2 and 2 together and assume that Brian McNally is one of the media moguls that Taylor is 'too friendly' with.

THE one thing that the soap opera called Newcastle United guarantees is that even the most optimistic episodes are undoubtedly spiced with needless adversity, tragi-comedy and selfdestruction.  As the more cynical hacks in the sporting corps of the North East press pack usually put it: “The Toon can always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.” And so the penchant for implosion reared its ugly head again as we approached the decisive Easter period with the Magpies having established what I consider an unassailable position at the head of the Championship.  Manager Chris Hughton has largely kept the lid on the dressing room madness that was part and parcel of the Newcastle United story for most of their 16-year Premier League era.  I use the word largely”because I was well aware of incidents of indiscipline involving some younger members of the squad that were successfully covered up by the Toon top brass in a season that has been pleasantly productive on the pitch.  It was maybe the fact that some of these youthful excesses were successfully kept out of the media that Newcastle felt emboldened to try and suppress any reportage of the training ground bust-up between striker Andy Carroll and central defender Steven Taylor that saw the former England under-21 skipper suffer a double fracture to his jaw.  When a clearly traumatized Taylor was seen entering a public ward of an NHS hospital in Newcastle holding his jaw on Sunday, March 21, newspapers and journalists were flooded with calls from anxious Toon fans.  As Carroll was also spotted in hospital on the same day with injuries to both his hands, it didn’t require a Sherlock Holmes to deduce from the evidence that an altercation involving the two Newcastle players had taken place.  Within a very short space of time the details of the incident which took place while Taylor was having an ice bath at the Magpies training centre at Little Benton were soon being relayed to the media by eye witnesses.  My information came directly from the camp of one of the players involved as well as from other Newcastle insiders.  From what I was told, it was a shameful, outrageous, incident that should not go unpunished.  In just about any other work place in the land, the offender would have been suspended pending an internal investigation.  Newcastle’s response to a clearly unacceptable incident that left a star player valued in the £8million bracket with injuries so serious that he couldnt work was to act as if absolutely nothing had happened.  Publicly, Newcastle were in denial. Privately, there were admissions that the silence was because of a delicate”legal situation.  Andy Carroll is on bail until April 29 on a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm after a completely separate incident at a Newcastle city centre night club.  That allegation will be heard in a public court of law over which the football club has no jurisdiction or influence to keep the matter out of the press.  The wall of silence Newcastle erected over the internal incident has done their reputation no good.  By failing to come clean on the incident they are guilty of moral cowardice. And their stance contrasts sharply with their attitude to previous indiscretions committed by players.  We were told back in 2008 that such was Mike Ashleys disgust with Joey Bartons penchant for thumping people that the billionaire owner wanted to kick him out of the club despite the then manager Kevin Keegans protests.  And when Carroll was charged with assault last December after a man was allegedly glassed in a night club in Newcastle, Carroll was dropped from the Newcastle team.  That led me to believe Newcastle were making a principled stand against the alleged thuggery that has blackened the clubs name for far too long.  Sadly, it seems that the Newcastle top brass believe that by saying nothing about the Taylor incident then the inevitable repercussions will somehow go away.  As I revealed in the Sunday Mirror, what is sickening is that there has been a disgusting internet and email campaign directed at blackening Taylor’s name with accusations that he is arrogant and too friendly with the media, while Carroll is presented as simply being a good lad who is just easily wound up.  Such conjecture is inevitable given the clubs reluctance to state the facts of the matter.  Hughton is a man whom I have come to admire this season but when I questioned him about the incident I was disappointed with the way he avoided the issues of principle involved.  I can promise Newcastle United that the truth about what happened will come out. Too many people witnessed the incident for the facts to be permanently hidden. Unfortunately, it seems that this sorry saga will end with Taylor, a fine and model professional, leaving the club for a top Premier League club. It is heartening that Newcastle also are heading for the Premier League, but disappointing that it is with a leadership that appears to have abandoned principle in favour of expediency.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=486366#ixzz0kMiUQ0mS

Lazy bastard.

My information came directly from the camp of one of the players involved

Unfortunately, it seems that this sorry saga will end with Taylor, a fine and model professional, leaving the club for a top Premier League club.

So Taylor's telling the press he wants to leave then? Not sure where they get the idea of it being to a "Top Premier League club" though. Also, the fact that he's getting his info straight from Taylor explains both of the following quotes...

what is sickening is that there has been a disgusting internet and email campaign directed at blackening Taylor’s name with accusations that he is arrogant and too friendly with the media

Well you're bound to think it's sickening, given the source of your info!

From what I was told, it was a shameful, outrageous, incident that should not go unpunished.

From what you were told by Steven Taylor

I hate to take sides in something I know so little about, but it seems that either Taylor's making his mouth go to all and sundry and wants to leave, or the journo's a lying cunt.

Gross hypocrisy from Mr McNally. He says that the club is hushing up some terrible story, but he won't provide any of the details himself. Why not? If he's not sure of his information, he should shut up. If he is sure of his story, he should come out with it and give the other parties a chance to comment. He's got some nerve trying to seize the moral high ground here.

Guest Roger Kint

Gross hypocrisy from Mr McNally. He says that the club is hushing up some terrible story, but he won't provide any of the details himself. Why not? If he's not sure of his information, he should shut up. If he is sure of his story, he should come out with it and give the other parties a chance to comment. He's got some nerve trying to seize the moral high ground here.

Actually a good point there. Either way McNally is a mong like ;D

mcnally implicitly implies that carroll attacked taylor in a shameful, outrageous incident and the club have done and said sod all about it.

don't really see what wrong in that. too many NUFC fans prepared to pull their wagons into a circle.

That's his problem. He's a journalist and the wall of silence from NUFC is stopping him from doing his job.

No other club would publish all the lurid details for the rags to pick over so why should we be any different? Hughton is paid to get us results, Carroll was going through a purple patch so he played him. The club could well be conducting a lengthy internal investigation, they could've fined the parties involved etc. Fact of the matter is no one knows and McNally's indignant and frankly limp wristed rant just tells me he's pissed off because he doesn't know.

It couldn't come over more one sided if Steven Taylor's dad had written it!

and yet the same sort of stuff was written about joey barton when at citeh and lee bowyer when at leeds and newcastle fans went mental at how disgusting those situations were.

the hypocracy of a lot of people if hilarious/disgusting depending on my mood.