MLS 2010

Kaizero

Go Toronto!

I've got tickets to a few games in Toronto. If the preseason is any judge, it's going to be another long and agonizing year.

Pre Seasons mea nothing, then again they are crap, which is a shame because with the Sounders they have the best fanbase and the best fanbase in the UK. I wouldn't mind going to a few Toronto games, I think I'll try the next time I'm in Canada. I already have one of their tops.

Guest Brazilianbob

"Inaugral season"!!!!  Thats  not a footy expression, it relates more to American footbal, ice hockey, and baseball team.  Why not just say what you mean namely "their first season"!!!!!

"Inaugral season"!!!!  Thats  not a footy expression, it relates more to American footbal, ice hockey, and baseball team.  Why not just say what you mean namely "their first season"!!!!!

For fucks sake.

Can we make a rule that there is no more pointless bashing of American expressions? Fucking get over it.

Love watching Seattle play in Seattle.

Me too.  Love the way they empty out of the pubs at the same time and march through the city towards the stadium singing their songs.  They really love soccer there.  Hoping it's the same in Portland when I move there.

Love a bit of MLS. Obviously there's a drop in quality but I find the games very enjoyable with players getting stuck in. Was on holiday in California the Summer the league started so always kept an eye on the Galaxy and Cobi Jones when he was playing there.

Also, you can see all the highlights on the official site which is cool :D

like for yesterday's season opener:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/content/highlights-phi-sea

I watch a few Galaxy games every season at the Home Depot Center - great stadium. I've been watching them regularly for almost a decade now but I don't own a jersey or anything. I like the atmosphere and usually sit with the Angel City Brigade who are loud and shamelessly pillage from old punk standards when making up songs.

Another advantage of the MLS (and American sports in general): Tailgate parties. There are great ones at Galaxy games. Much cheaper than hitting the pubs before a match.

Been following toronto since i moved over to canada. will shamelessly defect to the whitecaps next year though, cant wait.

Will Teitur Thordasson still be the coach of the Whitecaps when they enter the MLS, or will they just toss him aside?

Been following toronto since i moved over to canada. will shamelessly defect to the whitecaps next year though, cant wait.

There's going to be a nice little derby-type atmosphere (at least as much as you can get in the US) between Portland-Seattle-Vancouver.  It's going to be good for the sport (which is why they announced those two as expansions from what I gather, there is a lot of history between the three clubs).

For f***s sake.

Can we make a rule that there is no more pointless bashing of American expressions? f***ing get over it.

I'll be sure to use "footy expressions" next time just for you...Wow, give me a break.

And thank you Semtex.

Went to a RBNY game when I was over in 2008.  I even bought a scarf. They beat Real Salt Lake 2-1.  However I see they've let Dave van den Burgh go, who scored the winner in that game.

All I remember is that Juan Pablo Angel looked so half arsed, yet didn't look out of his depth at all.

That's the thing, he's shite nowadays yet he's been carrying NYRB for a couple seasons.

Regarding shirts...

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/new-york-red-bulls.jpg

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I really try to support New York, but it's so fucking hard.

http://sportingsmilesblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/roy-lassiter.jpg

Roy Lassiter was the man during the inaugural season. Including my beloved Mutiny's kits.

Good god, they were hideous.   :smitten:  but i don't care.