Sunderland...

Heron

Apparently,

age only matters if you are a Nigerian player !

Gyan is supposedly 27 and not 24 as first reported ( any advance on 27 - cos he looks 30+ to me) !

They have been having him watched for over a year !

The term 'bollocks' springs to mind

They also have threads comparing him to every goalscorer under the sun, Carrol is crap and we are still delusional.

That site never fails to cheer me up when Im down :)

not sure how accurate this is but a mate had it on his facebook

Gyan = 50 goals in 255 games = a goal every 5.1 games

Shola = 42 in 211 games = a goal every 5.0 games

funny, was just looking at that on his Wiki, including internationals 199 appearances & 72 goals according to that

155 & 50 without internationals

every 3 games roughly then

Most of which are against international heavyweights such as Somalia, Djibouti, Malawi and the formidable Madagascar.

Shaka and Marcotti criticising the Gyan transfer on ESPN Press Pass. Marcotti laughing at the idea Bruce wanted Gyan over a year ago saying had he really bid £3.5m last summer after 1 goal in 16 they'd have snapped their hands off. :lol:

I've always liked Marcotti :thup:

I think Gyan will do well for them like. Not in the goalscoring sense - but he'll be a fantastic outlet for Bent.

So do I.  Still think they've overpaid for him mind, a consequence of buying someone off the back of a major tournament.

they are doing the sort of stuff we used to do. lets see if the makems or short can deal with a few big expensive flops.

Had a look at the Carroll v Gyan thread. Most of them recognised the opening statement of "Carroll is cack" was way off the mark, and a few comments along the lines of "let's see how they both do at the end of the season before slamming Gyan's price or getting carried away with Carroll's start". Reasonable points of view.

Guest palnese

Carroll did pretty well last year in an inferior league and is in good form right now, but Gyan has proven himself a good player in two top leagues and on several occasions internationally.

The French league is pretty average to be fair, I would say it's the worst of the "top" leagues, mostly based on European success.

He has always caught my attention when playing for Ghana though. Looks a handful.

Can't wait till Andy C brutally rapes their whole team on the 31st.. clowns

I've just got a horrible feeling that we will see the inbreds completely and utterly kick and hack their way through a few of our lads. This won't be a pretty match and I can guarantee that HBA will be singled out for the inbreds 'hardman' (Cattermole?) to receive a s*** load of physical abuse.

Just you watch, it'll be like Ginola v Dixon.

Hopefully wor Tiote will hammer that horrible little cunt

Massive panic buy. I think he'll be another Martins, so could turn out to be decent 1 in 4 games

I hope he does that trick that confuses defenders by looking like he hasnt got a clue what he is doing, and letting the ball bounce off him at all manner of unpredictable angles.