Sunderland...

Heron

At this stage he'd be worth a punt but the jury is out on him. Arsenal fans, from the ones I've met, don't seem to have a very good impression of his attitude or his ability.

But when you look at our current strikeforce, who wouldn't welcome him? We're going nowhere under this owner and the general feeling is we take what we can get under the circumstances. There's not much in the kitty and with the influx of foreign players already, someone familiar with the Premier League and young enough that he might have his best days ahead of him isn't a bad shout.

You can see there is ability there, he looks like he needs confidence and he could be a player if he had a run of games with the fans behind him. He's clearly not a natural finisher but he can be a handful when he's on form. We've been down this road before signing cast-offs from big teams and they haven't worked out for us, but with two weeks until the window closes and no money backing the manager, we could do worse than Bendtner.

That's pretty much my take on it. He's not a good finisher from what I've seen but he is a handful and has power and pace, two attributes which are never bad in a forward. At this stage I just want someone in and unless we have other targets under the radar he seems the best of a fairly ordinary bunch.

It makes sense on every level.

He's an international player thats young and has not played regularly for his club and, therefore has underwhelmed.

The only negative is the fee but if he does well that will easily be increased

give him the #9 AP...speculate to accumulate.

He's an international player thats young and has not played regularly for his club and, therefore has underwhelmed.

We will probably baulk at the £6 million fee they want (speculating)

God, I hate sensible people  ;D

Wasn't that what we were paying for erding though?

Also, its not much considering Shane Long went for the same money(or was it more?)

The Guardian's website had a poll yesterday "Who do you think will be relegated?" and we were in the lead. So theres another poll they've sabotaged.

Nah. Think noises in the media and generally a rather poor window have to take the blame for that.

The Guardian's website had a poll yesterday "Who do you think will be relegated?" and we were in the lead. So theres another poll they've sabotaged.

Nah. Think noises in the media and generally a rather poor window have to take the blame for that.

Nah it was them, the link is in my post before this one

I know generally they think we'll struggle (which we won't) but to actually be ahead of Norwich, QPR, Swansea and Blackburn can't be right.

Somehow mate I doubt we're the overwhelming favourite to finish bottom of the league based on the general opinion in this country..  Might be a little bit more to do with the sad bastards here: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=616270

:mackems:

Yeah ok.. :lol:

In the sun so didn't get the "in the lead". That's them contributing quite a bit alright. Quite sad actually. Other than that, nothing wrong with what I said.

I heard they wanted £8m.

I heard they wanted £8m.

We'll not be paying that like

I heard they wanted £8m.

We'll not be paying that like

That plus 50k a week is a fair commitment for a lad who's finishing is in question. But he's still only 23 so would be worth a punt IMO.

Guest Wearside

I know generally they think we'll struggle (which we won't) but to actually be ahead of Norwich, QPR, Swansea and Blackburn can't be right.

I can't see you going down but can't really see you improving on last season's 12th position either unless you bring in a quality striker. It's been surprising to see people like Collymore, Cascarino and Redknapp tipping you to struggle but can't see you going down myself.

I can't see you going down but can't really see you improving on last season's 12th position either unless you bring in a quality striker. It's been surprising to see people like Collymore, Cascarino and Redknapp tipping you to struggle but can't see you going down myself.

hardly the greatest minds in the history of football punditry there

Was out round Wakefield where I live around 2 weeks ago and overheard a Sunderland fan in a club, went and interupted and ended up wound up about 2 minutes later when he insisted "Am tellin yaaa...Tiiiitus Bramble was signin of the seeeaason lasst yeeear...Wigan playa of the yeeear" then "Sessegnon..oh my goood..what a playaaa..get in any team in the leaague."

Guest Wearside

Was out round Wakefield where I live around 2 weeks ago and overheard a Sunderland fan in a club, went and interupted and ended up wound up about 2 minutes later when he insisted "Am tellin yaaa...Tiiiitus Bramble was signin of the seeeaason lasst yeeear...Wigan playa of the yeeear" then "Sessegnon..oh my goood..what a playaaa..get in any team in the leaague."

Would walk into any team outside the top 6 and also into some in the top 6, no question about it. You will find out how good he is in 8 days time.

Would walk into any team outside the top 6 and also into some in the top 6, no question about it. You will find out how good he is in 8 days time.

He gonna be playing up top this year?  Seems to have scored a few pre season.

Where will he be playing mate?