Sunderland...

Heron

Collymore is a complete idiot. One manager appointment and Sunderland automatically go above a side that has only lost once this season (away to the 1st placed team)? Sums Collymore up right there.

He's employed by Talksport - his job is to come up with sensationalist, attention-grabbing statements that he's not really that likely to get called up on later.

Collymore is a complete idiot. One manager appointment and Sunderland automatically go above a side that has only lost once this season (away to the 1st placed team)? Sums Collymore up right there.

He's a class A dickhead of the highest order, he'll talk utter shite to anyone who'll listen. I admire him for his frankness about his battle with depression, especially in his position, but apart from that there is fuk all going for him.

Not even slightly worried.

If we have anything about us it should push Ashley & co on to securing his targets early in the transfer window and keep a hold of his best players. Do that and there is nothing to worry about. Any problems will be of our own doing.

Lucky Sunderland as they haven't got anyone worth paying over £6m for.

Just to make this clear.

If he gets that job, you as Newcastle fans, can prepare for a few years of deeply, deeply irritating press coverage. You've lost the media battle right now.

:yao: You do realise this is the MAGedia you're talking about?

O'Neill has agreed to join according to BBC.

Think he'll improve them - though he couldn't make them any worse than they are at the moment. But I don't think hes clever enough either tactically or in the transfer market to ever go beyond being the 'best of the rest', and I don't think he'll get the funds to make up for those deficiences.

Don't think he'll leave much of a legacy either.

This might have been posted already somewhere but in 4 years at Villa this is what that clown O'neill spent at Villa:

30 players in, Total £120.8million

29 players out, Total £38.95million

NET SPEND: £81.85million

I have highlighted his "best" buys. Shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a football club.

Stiliyan Petrov (Celtic, £6.5m)

Didier Agathe (Celtic, Free)

Chris Sutton (Celtic, Free)

John Carew (Lyon, Swap)

Ashley Young (Watford, £9.65m)

Shaun Maloney (Celtic, £1.1m)

Moustapha Salifou (FC Wil, Undisc)

Zat Knight (Fulham, £3.5m)

Harry Forrester (Watford, £250 000)

Eric Lichaj (Unattached, Free)

Marlon Harewood (West Ham, £3.5m)

Nigel Reo-Coker (West Ham £8.5m)

Wayne Routledge (Tottenham, £1.5m)

Curtis Davies (WBA, £10m)

Steve Sidwell (Chelsea £5.5m)

Brad Friedel (Blackburn, £2.5m)

Brad Guzan (Chivas US, £1m)

Nicky Shorey (Reading, £4m)

Luke Young (Middlesbrough, £5m)

Carlos Cuellar (Rangers £7.8m)

James Milner (Newcastle, £12m)

Arsenio Halfhuid (Excelsior, nominal)

Emile Heskey (Wigan £3.5m)

Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough £10m)

Fabian Delph (Leeds United £6m)

Habib Beye (£2m)

Andy Marshall (free agent)

Stephen Warnock (£6m)

James Collins (West Ham United, £5m)

Richard Dunne (Manchester City, £6m)

Haven't seen enough of MONs teams to really have much of an opinion. Since Leicester he hasn't been anything above average, has he? Decent with Celtic, decent with Villa, but neither performed above reasonable expectations.

He's also a dour fuck.

Not particularly bothered. We'll still batter them again in March.

Just to make this clear.

If he gets that job, you as Newcastle fans, can prepare for a few years of deeply, deeply irritating press coverage. You've lost the media battle right now.

Why is this? Is it just the way he handles the media? Or the media's view on him?

One journalist's view on O'Neill in terms of his dealings with the press:

@GrahamSpiersLucky Sunderland if they get Martin O’Neill. The most fascinating, engaging and infuriating manager I have ever dealt with. Great times.

Guest Geordiesned

Just to make this clear.

What?! The end of Magedia?!?!? Say it isn't soooooooooooo.........

Guest johnson293

Just to make this clear.

What?! The end of Magedia?!?!? Say it isn't soooooooooooo.........

Well, not just yet...

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=649903

:lol:

And, justifiably or not, they are piling the pressure and expectation on him already

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=649905

:rolleyes:

Haven't seen enough of MONs teams to really have much of an opinion. Since Leicester he hasn't been anything above average, has he? Decent with Celtic, decent with Villa, but neither performed above reasonable expectations.

He's also a dour fuck.

Not particularly bothered. We'll still batter them again in March.

Getting Celtic to the UEFA Cup final was pretty impressive, he's a bastard for a Carling Cup final too.

All in all I think it's a good appointment although I think Hughes would have been better.

This is it for them really isn't it. They've finally got the manager they've coveted for years,and he's realistically the best they can get considering. It's a given he'll improve them but with the villa fans comments on O'Neill it does make me think all this will just make it funnier when it all goes tits up.

Good appointment if they can close the deal, tbh.

Good decision to get rid of Bruce (obviously) and Martin O'Neill is better than they are.  He will presumably negotiate minimum spend requirements before signing on the dotted line too. Independent to what brummie has said about his media relations, I've always found him to seem rather bitter and ungracious, but who cares.

Good luck to them - it's not as much fun seeing them quite so pitiful as they have been lately, and it's good to have them in the division for the derby games so hopefully he can turn things round a little and keep them up.