Sunderland...

Heron

Guest neesy111

They didn't play Bent, and they played a top European side, I'm sure they won't be losing much sleep over it.

1 player doesn't make a team you know

They didn't play Bent, and they played a top European side, I'm sure they won't be losing much sleep over it.

I'm fully aware, but when that player scores the majority of your goals, it has a huge bearing on things. Take Bent out of their team and where do you think they'll finish assuming he isn't replaced by someone as good as or better?

He did score half their goals last season tbf.

Anyway, pre-season friendlies mean nowt, just like our thrashing at Leyton Orient last year.

Did last season in their case. without him, they'd have been relegated. simple as.

In a combined XI the only definite's would be Jose, Jonas and Bent. Gordon would probably just edge Harper or Krul. RB we have s**** and they have an unproven foreign lad. CB no-one stands out but I reckon at least one of ours would get in, if not 2. RM Routledge or Richardson. CM again no-one stands out as being a cut above the rest. Up front Carroll would probably be the best partner for Bent.

They're craic is s****. Some kid I was talking two was trying to tell me we we're in loads of financial trouble (even though the vast majority of our debt is owed to Ashley), we'll go down and they'll get top 10. And they call us deluded?  :dowie:

Guest toonlass

we'll go down and they'll get top 10. And they call us deluded?  :dowie:

Not exactly unrealistic tbh.

It is if anything happens to Bent. They have no-one else who can do anything. How long is Gordon out for?

Guest Roger Kint

Just had a £50 bet on Carroll scoring more than Jones this year with some mackem. He reckons we are a one man team and our one man will get about 7 goals.................................even if i lose the daft twat wont realise the irony

Just had a £50 bet on Carroll scoring more than Jones this year with some mackem. He reckons we are a one man team and our one man will get about 7 goals.................................even if i lose the daft twat wont realise the irony

I love the lad but Jose is never getting 7 goals.

Guest Roger Kint

Just had a £50 bet on Carroll scoring more than Jones this year with some mackem. He reckons we are a one man team and our one man will get about 7 goals.................................even if i lose the daft t*** wont realise the irony

Eh?

Just had a £50 bet on Carroll scoring more than Jones this year with some mackem. He reckons we are a one man team and our one man will get about 7 goals.................................even if i lose the daft t*** wont realise the irony

Eh?

It was an admittedly poor joke about him being so awesome he is our "one man team"  :blush:

we'll go down and they'll get top 10. And they call us deluded?  :dowie:

Not exactly unrealistic tbh.

Of course it's not.

But he was going on as if we we're definitely going down no matter what and that top 10 is guaranteed for them. He went on to say he thinks they'll reach about 8th.

It's not deluded to say there both possibilities. To say there both 100% going to happen is.

He can, and does. A serious injury to Bent and they are in trouble IMO.

Just had a look on there for first time in a while this morning...threads saying they should go for Joe Hart to cover for Gordon until the New Year, and asking if Donovan's realistic.  :laugh:

Jason?

Just had a look on there for first time in a while this morning...threads saying they should go for Joe Hart to cover for Gordon until the New Year, and asking if Donovan's realistic.  :laugh:

hmm seems bruce does want hart on loan

Guest neesy111

no chance of them getting him

no chance of them getting him

Isn't Shay injured for the first few games? Can't see them loaning Hart.