Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Haris Vuckic

My mackem mate reckons that we didn't deserve to win 5-1 at St James' last season :lol:

It should have been 10-0

Never really known a proper Mackem until recently, he's a top lad and doesn't talk shite which is good but it will interesting to see how he is when it comes to derby day.

My mackem mate says it should have been about 10-0 too.

You've got a rubbish mackem mate. :lol:

My mate also said that we'll suffer from Second Season Syndrome too :undecided:

That's just what they're hoping for after we weren't shit last season

Guest Haris Vuckic

agregate of 6-2 and a point for them flattered them by a huge margin.

They didn't want to win those games, they just wanted to finish a point above us.

I don't have any Mackem mates, but a new lad started at Billy Hill (where I work) about 2 months ago and it has just proved to me that the RTG patter exists in real life. A summary of the things he has said in the last 2 months (alot may seem fictional, but I swear to God this is his crack);

1) That Lee Cattermole is superior to Tiote

2) That Sunderland would have won @SJP had Colocini not flattened El Mohamady early on, as 'they arn't a physical team' but like to keep the ball down and away from trouble

3) Seems to think that they are the modern day 1970's Brazil, and that Guardiola takes advice from Steve Bruce on pass and move

4) The 9 signings they have made this summer prove how far they have came since Quinn has took over (I questioned how many of them he thought would get in our current team, and he said all 9)

5) Thinks Gardner will be top scoring English midfielder this season

6) We have signed French crocks, with one or two injuries we would go down

7) Came into work yesterday to take over from me and showed me a betting reciept which read 'The Mags to go down @8/1' and he had put £40 quid on it. What pissed me off about that is that he wrote 'the Mags', fucking idiot.

There's a lot more which I can't seem to remember at the minute, but the bloke is an idiot. To be fair though, he did lend me a decent film last week. But the daft cunt went and wrote August 20th off on the calendar when I was off, so now I have to ask the area manager if I can have it off too :angry:

I also mentioned that we were literally 2 minutes away from 9th. He replied with, "that's like saying that if we won every game, we would have won the league." :doh:

Still, he's a canny lad!

Like I've said he's very modest - he thinks Brown and O'Shea are awful signings and has serious doubts about Craig Gardner.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If Gyan hadn't scored a deflection we would have finished above them. Simples.

What would they rather have a 5-1 or 1 point ahead?

That question doesn't even need to be asked really...

:thup: Unless that point ahead/behind was the difference between Europe and nowt, I honestly couldn't give a shit. After our initial expections

and the season we had, I was mildly disappointed we finished out of the top 10, not behind the mackems.

Guardiola takes tips from Bruce? You have to have exagerrated that one, shirley? :lol:

:thup: Unless that point ahead/behind was the difference between Europe and nowt, I honestly couldn't give a s***. After our initial expections

and the season we had, I was mildly disappointed we finished out of the top 10, not behind the mackems.

Guardiola takes tips from Bruce? You have to have exagerrated that one, shirley? :lol:

Aye well that one was tongue in cheek, he hasn't actually said that but he seems to think they play some kind of free flowing carpet football. Knob man :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

:thup: Unless that point ahead/behind was the difference between Europe and nowt, I honestly couldn't give a s***. After our initial expections

Exactly if there's no europe riding on it who cares? We still got paid more money than them off the premier league.

I've one mackem mate. Unfortunately he's not come out with anything stupid in a while (well, he did defend Henderson to the hilt after his England game saying he played better and is better than Carroll before deciding 6 months later after he was sold that he was actually shit).

Although, that's probably because he's not as quick to talk about us after his pre-Halloween prediction that he "just couldn't see anything other than a Sunderland win because he saw no way we could penetrate their defence". :iamatwat:

I also mentioned that we were literally 2 minutes away from 9th. He replied with, "that's like saying that if we won every game, we would have won the league." :doh:

Still, he's a canny lad!

Like I've said he's very modest - he thinks Brown and O'Shea are awful signings and has serious doubts about Craig Gardner.

A few savvy macums I know are very dubious about the players they've signed and see them as risky, old and expensive. If it doesn't work they're going to have a huge financial burden on their books.

However the run of the mill window lickers seem to think they're all Barcelona standard.

I work with loads of Sunderland fans and quite a few of my best mates are season ticket holders at the SoL. I can't remember the last time I came across a mackem who had opinions anything like what you read on RTG. The vast majority of them are perfectly alright, in all honesty.

I work with loads of Sunderland fans and quite a few of my best mates are season ticket holders at the SoL. I can't remember the last time I came across a mackem who had opinions anything like what you read on RTG. The vast majority of them are perfectly alright, in all honesty.

the ones on rtg dont go to games.

mackems i meet, have worked with usually ok lads, my best mate was mackem but a toon fan. its when theres a lot of them, when it becomes a crowd instead of individuls, then we can hate. :snod: