Sunderland...

Heron

As much as I'm delighted by their plight, I really hope they stay up since the derby match at SJP is one of the few games I/we really look forward to.

If they ended up in Middlesbrough's position our club would lose something as we'd have no rivals.

Guest palnese

If they ended up in Middlesbrough's position our club would lose something as we'd have no rivals.

Man Utd :pow:

So gutted they got three points against Wigan.  If only they had lost, they would be in a whole world of pain!

Long may it continue!

exactly what i thought today, looked so promising last week when they went 1 down.

They wont get relegated now, even if they lost all their games 5-0. Well, heres for another season of Brucey in charge!

:lol:

"actually the people that attend matches regularly are the embarrassment. keep crowds as low as possible until we achieve europe and/or a cup final. we DESERVE success, stop backing the club until they run things properly."

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=588610&page=3#ixzz1L2zqTOVw

:lol: Fantastic. Might as well start supporting Man U now if that's what he's waiting for.

Guest magpie99

When all is said and done about the Mackems, the similarities between us and them this season are remarkable, with the exception of our 5-1 win, of course.

Both clubs on 41 points

Both clubs lost their main striker for big money and failed toreplace

Both clubs struggling to win games

Both clubs safefrom relegation for another season

Both clubs require severe investment in the summer

Both clubs have inept managers

Both clubsd season severely hampered by long term injuries to key players

Both clubs have disillusioned supporters

Both clubs have achieved some suprising results, Arsenal and Chelsea away, for example

and I am sure there will be a few more similarities.

Themain question will be how far will both clubs go in the summer to strengthen theirsquads

Guest VegasToon

When all is said and done about the Mackems, the similarities between us and them this season are remarkable, with the exception of our 5-1 win, of course.

Both clubs on 41 points

Both clubs have achieved some suprising results, Arsenal and Chelsea away, for example

Themain question will be how far will both clubs go in the summer to strengthen theirsquads

and a lot more differences.  I like our position a lot better than theirs going into next season.

Both clubs on 41 points

For all of those similarities, the biggest difference is the performance-to-expectation levels from both clubs this season.

Guest magpie99

Andy

Fair points but to be honest, I dont think any NUFC supporter realisitically expected anything more than survival this year, especially after the loss of the likes of Ben Arfa and Carroll.

Sunderland started off well and for a period, expectations were of europe but since the sale of Bent, their performances have dropped off badly. Much could be said of us too. I believe we have only won 4 out of 17 league games under Pardew which really put a halt to any european hopes we may have held at one stage. I feel these european aspirations for both clubs were far fetched when you consider the relative strengths of the individual squads. I certainly thonk Sunderland fans would have been happy with mid table at the start of this season, just like we would have been.

Another similarity is both clubs were knocked out the FA Cup in the 3rd  round by lower league clubs too.

Guest BooBoo

I see at least two papers have awarded the MOTM to Muntari's Champions League medal.

Both clubs on 41 points

Wrong.  Bruce is, I'll give you that.