Sunderland...

Heron

I think getting Wickham, Larsson & Gardner for less than the Henderson money is good business tbf.

Squad is much stronger but they haven't really improved the first XI yet imo.

They're all decent players but the teamsheet they submit on matchdays won't have anyone who would strike fear into you.

Imo Gardner is an upgrade on Henderson, and one of their main faults last season was lack of goals from free-kicks and corners, which Larsson can provide.

Gardner is as good as Henderson but can't see that Larsson is all that good really. If he plays 38 games for them then he's bound to create and score a few but it's not that much of an upgrade on what they had at RW last season imo. Not saying he's shit, he's decent but he's nothing to get too excited about. 

Still wouldn't surprise me if Spurs came in at the 11th hour and matched the mackem's bid. Lot's can happen overnight if they know he's due for a medical/sign tomorrow. It'll be interesting. :)

Gardner and Larsson look like decent signings to me - especially when you consider how little Sunderland's midfield contributed last season in terms of goals. Wickham could go either way, but potentially he could rake them in a fortune a year or two down the line.

I think getting Wickham, Larsson & Gardner for less than the Henderson money is good business tbf.

Wish we'd have the balls to take a gamble on English youth, they'll reap the rewards and make a fortune when the sell him on in a couple of seasons.

I'd be quite happy to go nowhere near English players. Overpriced shite.

Only one of the current crop I'd like us to sign is Sturridge.

FWIW:

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@cooky_10 @patty_518 @cwarr07 NUFC considered Wickham overpriced: Erdinç a long-term target w/ international experienced for less...

Trying to look at their business objectively. I really don't see them being too much stronger than last season. Looking at their potential business below, they spent £46m and bring in £50m and look slightly stronger as a squad but probably worse as a first team. Wickham will very much be the wildcard.

Welbeck- Sessegnon (6m-)

Bent (24m+) - Ngog (8m-)

Muntari - Gibson (4m-)

Henderson (20m+) - Gardner (6m-)

Onouha - Brown (4m-)

Mensah - O'Shea (4m-)

Gordon (6m+)- Westwood

Wickham (12m-)

Dong-Won (2m-)

Larsson

Guest Wearside

Newcastle United still eyeing Connor Wickham

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

May 4 2011

CONNOR WICKHAM is still believed to be on the radar of Newcastle United.

However, United will first pursue other targets in their search for a striker this summer with a pulsating chase for a new star expected at St James’ Park in the coming months.

The Magpies unveiled their new kit today and fans are already intrigued to see just who will be wearing it come the opening day of next season despite three Premier League games still to be played this term.

Eighteen-year-old Wick-ham – who boss Alan Pardew is well aware of after signing him as a raw youngster while he was at Reading – only last month signed a new contract with Ipswich Town until 2014.

But the England under-21 international is still thought to be on Alan Pardew’s extensive list of striking options.

The Chronicle also understands Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd’s delicate situation with the play-off- bound Championship outfit is also being monitored by the Magpies.

Pardew has already confirmed his priority will be to sign a new striker for United this summer, with the cracks beginning to emerge following a return of just one goal in the last four top-flight outings.

Wickham has been tracked by United and a host of other Premier League sides this season, and he was named in this summer’s provisional England Under-21 squad that heads to Denmark

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/04/newcastle-united-still-eyeing-connor-wickham-72703-28632458/#ixzz1QbbYmF00

Another one bites the dust lads.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Newcastle United still eyeing Connor Wickham

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

May 4 2011

CONNOR WICKHAM is still believed to be on the radar of Newcastle United.

However, United will first pursue other targets in their search for a striker this summer with a pulsating chase for a new star expected at St James’ Park in the coming months.

The Magpies unveiled their new kit today and fans are already intrigued to see just who will be wearing it come the opening day of next season despite three Premier League games still to be played this term.

Eighteen-year-old Wick-ham – who boss Alan Pardew is well aware of after signing him as a raw youngster while he was at Reading – only last month signed a new contract with Ipswich Town until 2014.

But the England under-21 international is still thought to be on Alan Pardew’s extensive list of striking options.

The Chronicle also understands Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd’s delicate situation with the play-off- bound Championship outfit is also being monitored by the Magpies.

Pardew has already confirmed his priority will be to sign a new striker for United this summer, with the cracks beginning to emerge following a return of just one goal in the last four top-flight outings.

Wickham has been tracked by United and a host of other Premier League sides this season, and he was named in this summer’s provisional England Under-21 squad that heads to Denmark

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/04/newcastle-united-still-eyeing-connor-wickham-72703-28632458/#ixzz1QbbYmF00

Another one bites the dust lads.

Wahey.

Guest Wearside

Poor effort. :lol:

No effort needed,just shows how clueless Mr Ryder is as a journalist and you lot on hear hang on his every word.

It gives me great confidence that he said Sunderland won't sign N'Zogbia last week,great confidence.

Let's just see who gets him,let's just see.

No effort needed,just shows how clueless Mr Ryder is as a journalist and you lot on hear hang on his every word.

It gives me great confidence that he said Sunderland won't sign N'Zogbia last week,great confidence.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

;D O0