Sunderland...

Heron

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think Wearside could be a decent poster if he tried a bit harder.

Edit: Great minds think alike Michael mon ami.

:)

Guest BooBoo

I've spent the last five years of my life hanging on Lee Ryder's every word.

It's time to admit my problem.

I think Wearside could be a decent poster if he tried a bit harder.

Doubt it. Seems a bit thick, can't really construct sentences very well.

The wummery is probably the peak of his mental capacity. Fair play for him in maxing his potential.

A funny description of Ryder from Toontastic that made me laugh:

I picture him in Thompson house most days wandering about half-cut with his nylon suit smelling of the night previous, frantically scouring Twitter or whatnot. By lunchtime I see him as being glad of a bit of fresh air - a Greggs sausage & bean melt, a ham & peasepud stottie and maybe a cheeky packet of cheese n onion why don't'cha. Its Lee's chance to forget, to switch off from his daunting task. Extended (facebook orientated) lunchtime over , panic sets in. Feeling slightly fresher for now having sobered up , he comes into his own and a story emerges like a butterfly from a crysalis, Dekka on call to approve, offer guidance . Spell and grammar checker ignored, it's just submitted before his deadline.

Happy Days thinks Lee.

Off he then pops for his 8 cans of Kronenburg for £7.50 , closely joined by a Dominos pizza box and a 'soap night' viewing schedule .

The process is then repeated throughout the week.

:lol:

Guest BooBoo

Just ban the flaccid nipple and be done with it. He was a pet monkey for a few months and now like Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Global Hypercolour t shirts, he's simply not required any longer.

Destroy him.

Just ban the flaccid nipple and be done with it. He was a pet monkey for a few months and now like Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Global Hypercolour t shirts, he's simply not required any longer.

Destroy him.

Destroy him.

Something serious has happened to Wearside. He used to be very respectable.

It was that Sessegnon vs Ben Arfa debate. Saying Sessegnon had done more in 5 months than Ben Arfa had done in 3 games :lol:.

Ok, I'll have a nibble...

Newcastle United still eyeing Connor Wickham

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

May 4 2011

CONNOR WICKHAM is still believed to be on the radar of Newcastle United.

However, United will first pursue other targets in their search for a striker this summer with a pulsating chase for a new star expected at St James’ Park in the coming months.

Wasn't first choice, you're welcome to him.  :coolsmiley:

Ok, I'll have a nibble...

Newcastle United still eyeing Connor Wickham

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

May 4 2011

CONNOR WICKHAM is still believed to be on the radar of Newcastle United.

However, United will first pursue other targets in their search for a striker this summer with a pulsating chase for a new star expected at St James’ Park in the coming months.

Wasn't first choice, you're welcome to him.  :coolsmiley:

O0

If Newcastle sign Wickham in the next couple of days, as that "£14 million player", what do you think Wearside will do?

>:D

stuff what he'll do. i'll not be very happy. not what we need right now.(or them for that matter)

I had this discussion on here before when Newcastle were linked with him and my opinion is still the same,IMO he is very over-rated and if he is coming to be our main striker then I'd be very,very worried.

Best thing for him would be to stop at Ipswich for at least another season and get some experience,he has only been starting games properly for about a year and would have to improve massively to start games for Liverpool or any other mid-table PL team for that matter.

Wouldn't you agree Wearside ?

I had this discussion on here before when Newcastle were linked with him and my opinion is still the same,IMO he is very over-rated and if he is coming to be our main striker then I'd be very,very worried.

Best thing for him would be to stop at Ipswich for at least another season and get some experience,he has only been starting games properly for about a year and would have to improve massively to start games for Liverpool or any other mid-table PL team for that matter.

I've seen him 8-9 times now and I agree with this. Like yourself I've expressed my concerns on here in the past when we were linked to him.

Even when watching him for the U17s I was never that impressed, he overpowed and overawed the opposition but there was little there to me that screamed genuine quality. McEachran in midfield was the real star of that side. Scoring goals at Championship level is not an impressive feat, even for an 18 year old, we all saw first hand how easy it is to score goals down there. Only now has he started managing that on a regular basis (1 in 3 record in the second half of last season).

He has some decent physical and technical attributes; reasonably fast, strong, big lad, good in the air, canny throw on him. There is time for him to possibly developed into a good player, but there is nothing there to me that screams superstar. Any other country in the world and I honestly don't think he'd have any sort of real reputation.

Sounds bitter but I'm sure I could dig up some posts in the past where I've posted similar stuff. The more I watch English players at youth level and the prices they go for the more I'd rather we just stayed away from buying them alltogether.  :undecided: Simply no value whatsoever as far as I'm concerned.

I've seen him 8-9 times now and I agree with this. Like yourself I've expressed my concerns on here in the past when we were linked to him.

Even when watching him for the U17s I was never that impressed, he overpowed and overawed the opposition but there was little there to me that screamed genuine quality. McEachran in midfield was the real star of that side. Scoring goals at Championship level is not an impressive feat, even for an 18 year old, we all saw first hand how easy it is to score goals down there. Only now has he started managing that on a regular basis (1 in 3 record in the second half of last season).

He has some decent physical and technical attributes; reasonably fast, strong, big lad, good in the air, canny throw on him. There is time for him to possibly developed into a good player, but there is nothing there to me that screams superstar. Any other country in the world and I honestly don't think he'd have any sort of real reputation.

Sounds bitter but I'm sure I could dig up some posts in the past where I've posted similar stuff. The more I watch English players at youth level and the prices they go for the more I'd rather we just stayed away from buying them alltogether.  :undecided: Simply no value whatsoever as far as I'm concerned.

it's actually a quote from wearside himself.....http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,68418.msg3012008.html#msg3012008