Sunderland...

Heron

I'm just gonna have to save these somewhere... a) there'll end up being too many to fit in, and b) a lot of them won't be determined for a while. But please, keep them rolling in.

Guest Heneage

I had a listen of his BBC Newcastle interview tonight. All fairly standard stuff but few things jumped out at me. He said Brown and O'Shea have over 850 appearances which makes him about 200+ out.

The other thing was he said 'These guys are experienced Man United players they have quality they aren't just some rookies are youngsters' which could be misconstrued as a dig at Richardson and Bardsley.

Also he referred to Ji Dong Won as 'The Korean'.

Those sort of theories inevitably come up every time an Asian player is signed, but they're inevitably bullshit.

Contrary to the stereotypes, signing an Asian player does not mean that 10 million glory hunter mugs from his country will suddenly be buying your shirt. There are exactly as many Wolves, Spurs, Reading, Fulham, Boro, West Brom, Wigan, and Bolton fans in this country now as there were before they signed their Korean players:zero. (well, not counting British ex-pats and the like I suppose)

It worked for Man United and Park because Man United is Man United and Ji-sung Park might as well be the son of God in this country. Sunderland isn't Man United and most non-football fans in Korea barely even know that Ji Dong-Won exists.

Those sort of theories inevitably come up every time an Asian player is signed, but they're inevitably bullshit.

Contrary to the stereotypes, signing an Asian player does not mean that 10 million glory hunter mugs from his country will suddenly be buying your shirt. There are exactly as many Wolves, Spurs, Reading, Fulham, Boro, West Brom, Wigan, and Bolton fans in this country now as there were before they signed their Korean players:zero. (well, not counting British ex-pats and the like I suppose)

It worked for Man United and Park because Man United is Man United and Ji-sung Park might as well be the son of God in this country. Sunderland isn't Man United and most non-football fans in Korea barely even know that Ji Dong-Won exists.

Yes, but I actually know the above is fact. I was told by a coach at SAFC.

Yes, but I actually know the above is fact. I was told by a coach at SAFC.

In that case, it's just more proof that the decision-makers at Sunderland are idiots, so good news all-around. :celb:

Or you could try the N'Zogbia thread on this very website.

Sunderland confirm they will not bid for N'Zogbia. Now i think its between us and Villa.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7029358,00.html

Cats deny interest in pair

Defoe and N'Zogbia speculation played down

Last Updated: July 9, 2011 11:22am

Sunderland have told Sky Sports News they will not bid for Jermain Defoe or Charles N'Zogbia.

The Black Cats have been busy strengthening their squad this week and the arrival of David Vaughan on Friday took the number of summer signings to nine.

Reports had also suggested that Defoe and N'Zogbia could be on their way to the Stadium of Light in the near future.

Defoe's future has become the subject of speculation after he admitted his frustration at a lack of regular starting opportunities with Tottenham last season.

N'Zogbia has also been linked with a move away from Wigan despite manager Roberto Martinez expressing confidence that he will stay.

However, Sunderland have now informed Sky Sports News that they have no plans to make a move for either player.

Guest ykmkmdd

Still not sure where all the mackem excitement is coming from. Which of these 2 sets of players would you rather have?

Larsson, Wickham, Gardner, Dong, Westwood, Brown, O'Shea, Vaughan

or

Bent, Henderson, Welbeck, Zenden, Onouha, Mensah, Muntari

It's close at best, certainly no massive improvement.

Considering Bent, Welbeck and Onouha are actually good players it's pretty obvious. Larsson and Gardner are decent and Wickham might be good eventually but certainly won't hit the ground running. The rest are all hillarious signings.

Still not sure where all the mackem excitement is coming from. Which of these 2 sets of players would you rather have?

Larsson, Wickham, Gardner, Dong, Westwood, Brown, O'Shea, Vaughan

or

Bent, Henderson, Welbeck, Zenden, Onouha, Mensah, Muntari

It's close at best, certainly no massive improvement.

Not even close, Bent will outscore all their forwards put together next season.

Guest Haris Vuckic

They are buzzing over their transfers and they reckon it's ''the best team they've seen in years'' and that they are going to walk the derby!

Fucking hell. How can they not learn! It's the exact same crack as last year! Talking about how O'Shea & Brown have played in big games so can handle the pressure of the derby.

Muntari syndrome

Guest Haris Vuckic

Basically all of our French players will go missing, Cabaye is shite, Ben Arfa is overated, Tiote is overated.

They are in for a shock - our midfield will dominate theirs.