Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Antec

Aye aye, wot's goin' on 'ere then?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2016344/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-accuses-Sunderland-Darron-Gibson-move.html

He couldn't trust them... Fergie accuses Sunderland over breakdown in Gibson move

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:02 AM on 19th July 2011

Sir Alex Ferguson has pointed the finger at Sunderland over the breakdown of Darron Gibson's move to the Stadium of Light.

The Manchester United midfielder, 23, appeared destined to follow former team-mates Wes Brown and John O'Shea to Steve Bruce's outfit but the transfer collapsed.

And Ferguson accused Sunderland of messing Gibson around by lowering their initial offer to him, ultimately leaving the Republic of Ireland international 'in limbo'.

Nowhere man: Darron Gibson has been left 'in limbo', according to Sir Alex Ferguson

Nowhere man: Darron Gibson has been left 'in limbo', according to Sir Alex Ferguson

Gibson was looking for wages of around £40,000 per week, but the Black Cats were unwilling to match that figure in the end. And the United boss appeared to question Sunderland's trustworthiness.

The comments are sure to upset Bruce, himself a former United captain under Ferguson, and who has up until now enjoyed a close relationship with the Scot.

Ferguson said: 'He was on the point of going to Sunderland and somewhere along the line, I don't know exactly when, I think Sunderland moved the goalposts.

On tour: Ferguson (left) is currently in the United States with Manchester United

On tour: Ferguson (left) is currently in the United States with Manchester United

'I suppose their job is to try and save money.

'From what I can gather, they gave him an offer and then changed it. That annoyed Darren and I think he's quite right.

'If you can't trust them on day one why wait until day two?'

Old Trafford raids: Steve Bruce has snapped up Wes Brown and John O'Shea for Sunderland this summer

Old Trafford raids: Steve Bruce has snapped up Wes Brown and John O'Shea for Sunderland this summer

Gibson has stayed behind rather than travel on United's pre-season tour to the United States in order to sort out his future.

Ferguson added: 'Darron was undecided about what to do when we made the group up to come here - and we both felt he'd be better staying back.

'He seems to be in limbo at the moment.'

Guest Hong Kong Phooey

40000? Seems a bit steep.

Especially if the nine players purchased are also on/near that figure.

Guest Haris Vuckic

World  :ilikeitwhenyoureinsideme: Record?

I think Neesy was referring to the extent of the injury, He's been flown back to Albania on Wearside.

Guest Woffy

Does anyone know how long the bus takes to get back to the toon after the Sunderland game as I'm at a wedding at 3pm! Usually get the train but end up waiting an hour and a half!

Cheers

Guest Woffy

Does anyone know how long the bus takes to get back to the toon after the Sunderland game as I'm at a wedding at 3pm! Usually get the train but end up waiting an hour and a half!

Cheers

Nee chance :lol:

Maybe I might have to accept defeat!

Cheers

...and sack the wedding off!

Guest Woffy

Cheers

...and sack the wedding off!

Wonder how much mike Ashley will charge for a lift in his helicopter

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Bruce in top form too. Kept caling Sessegnon his "little Drogba" during training! #safc

This is, without doubt, the most cringeworthy thing ive ever heard. Both Douglas and Bruce.

tbf he could've been taking the piss, old enough to remember zico martin ?

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Bruce in top form too. Kept caling Sessegnon his "little Drogba" during training! #safc

This is, without doubt, the most cringeworthy thing ive ever heard. Both Douglas and Bruce.

tbf he could've been taking the p*ss, old enough to remember zico martin ?

:dontknow:

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

tbf he could've been taking the p*ss, old enough to remember zico martin ?

:dontknow:

it was a friendly p*ss take, as he certainly wasn't like zico. hilarious though hearing thousands of us singing na na na na, heyyy, ey ey, zico martin to the this tune....and what a vid it is too.