Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Wearside

was looking on redcafe earlier and the amount of people who have listed Sunderland as their team to watch this season is incredible. they look s***! suppose it is all those man utd rejects ending up there.

I think a lot of people on the outside looking at them are forgetting that they have lost the loan players welbeck,onuha as well as selling bent and Henderson, I'm not saying there doomed but I don't think they are stronger than last season at all

I think the loan players have been replaced fairly well personally. When we signed Welbeck last season people couldn't stop laughing and were claiming he was s*** after an unsucessful loan spell in the Championship (Preston I think) but playing him practically every game worked wonders for him and he proved he was a good player and the same situation will apply to Connor Wickham, who many believe is a lot better than Welbeck.

I'd take O'Shea over Onouha every day of the week and Brown if he stays fit will be as good as Mensah.

No point in even debating the Bent situation, he can't be replaced unless we buy someone like Tevez, Rooney, Drogba etc, he is one of the best forwards the PL has ever seen.

Henderson was slated on this forum for months and months so please don't draw the 'he was a good player' card, Larsson's stats also say he was better than Henderson, however don't get me wrong, I wish we still had Henderson.

Overall we have a much stronger squad than at the end of last season.

was looking on redcafe earlier and the amount of people who have listed Sunderland as their team to watch this season is incredible. they look s***! suppose it is all those man utd rejects ending up there.

I think a lot of people on the outside looking at them are forgetting that they have lost the loan players welbeck,onuha as well as selling bent and Henderson, I'm not saying there doomed but I don't think they are stronger than last season at all

I think the loan players have been replaced fairly well personally. When we signed Welbeck last season people couldn't stop laughing and were claiming he was s*** after an unsucessful loan spell in the Championship (Preston I think) but playing him practically every game worked wonders for him and he proved he was a good player and the same situation will apply to Connor Wickham, who many believe is a lot better than Welbeck.

I'd take O'Shea over Onouha every day of the week and Brown if he stays fit will be as good as Mensah.

No point in even debating the Bent situation, he can't be replaced unless we buy someone like Tevez, Rooney, Drogba etc, he is one of the best forwards the PL has ever seen.

Henderson was slated on this forum for months and months so please don't draw the 'he was a good player' card, Larsson's stats also say he was better than Henderson, however don't get me wrong, I wish we still had Henderson.

Where do you reckon you'll finish. I think you'll be the same as last time out more or less. Between you's, Fulham and Villa for those 8th to 11th places. Unless we sign a couple of decent players.

Guest taps01

Where do you reckon you'll finish. I think you'll be the same as last time out more or less. Between you's, Fulham and Villa for those 8th to 11th places. Unless we sign a couple of decent players.

The best the prem has ever seen? He is good but not that good!

Guest Wearside

Unless we buy a left winger it will be similar to last season, anywhere between 10th to 12th, if however we buy a quality left midfielder then I don't see why we can't compete with Villa and Everton for 7th, 8th, 9th positions.

If sunderland were in the same shit state we are squad wise starting the season tomorrow I'd be pissing myself laughing.

If we beat them at their gaff 2nd game it would be a bigger shock than the 5-1.

Their best side in 50 years will surely outdo Reidy's 7th place 10(?) years ago?

I'd be flabbergasted and disgusted if that happened. Best they can hope for, like us, is a run in one of the pots but they, like us have been pretty shit at doing that in recent times.

Guest Heneage

Do you really think Cattermole is likely to play? Vaughan injured?

No chance at all that Bruce would drop Cattermole, he is his blue eyed boy and if he is fit, he starts. Personally I'd have Vaughan or Colback ahead of him but no chance as long as Bruce is manager. He is a liability and as soon as he recieves his customary yellow yard, he may aswell not be on the field as he goes missing and is petrified to tackle after his 2 red cards early doors last season.

He's really holding you back tbh.

No chance at all that Bruce would drop Cattermole, he is his blue eyed boy and if he is fit, he starts. Personally I'd have Vaughan or Colback ahead of him but no chance as long as Bruce is manager. He is a liability and as soon as he recieves his customary yellow yard, he may aswell not be on the field as he goes missing and is petrified to tackle after his 2 red cards early doors last season.

For Cattermole read Alan Smith. Shoddy player.

Guest Heneage

Very true, I thought Tiote gave him a masterclass on how to play DM in the 5-1.

Very true, I thought Tiote gave him a masterclass on how to play DM in the 5-1.

He doesn't have the pace or athleticism to play the way he does and he doesn't make up for it with technical ability.

Despite a ball not being kicked I'm not feeling confident about the derby. I said that about the last one in the SoS and we were very unlucky not to get 3 points, but I just feel their due a win over us. I pray not though, I'd snap your hand off for a draw!

Guest Wearside

I'm biased but there aren't many in our squad I would swap for theirs.

Our "squad" is a lot stronger than yours in all honesty.

Seriously people like Simpson, Taylor(all of them), Lovenkrands, Ranger, Best, Obertan etc wouldn't get near our squad.

If you have all players fit you have a decent first XI but honestly, you don't have a good "squad" at all.

I disagree but then you lot seem to think you have your best squad in 50 years so it's no surprise you think like that when our current squad doesn't come close to the one we had 8 years ago.

Guest Heneage

Seriously people like Simpson, Taylor(all of them), Lovenkrands, Ranger, Best, Obertan etc wouldn't get near our squad.

If you have all players fit you have a decent first XI but honestly, you don't have a good "squad" at all.

I'd say Best at least has shown he's more lethal than Fraizer Campbell.

:mackems:

Guest Wearside

I'd say Best at least has shown he's more lethal than Fraizer Campbell.

Frazier Campbell is injured and will not be in the matchday squad for a long time. Leon Best would never get in our squad ahead of Gyan, Sessegnon or Wickham.