Sunderland...

Heron

Guest johnson293

Lee Cattermole sent off again.  :mackems:

He's a scummy little c***.  Ten times worse than Barton.

I hope Clattermole is missing (for one reason or another) by the time we play them, as I fear him hurting one of our players (again), and if he's playing it would probably be Ben Arfa!

Bent isn't especially fast and his running style gives the impression that he is really slow as well.

He takes very small strides.

That goal he scored last night was probably the first time I have seen him strike the ball cleanly, most of his goals for the mackems have been scuffed and bobbled along into the net, even his penalties seem to be scuffed.

This post is kind of embarrassing. I know he plays for Sunderland and everything, but this is just ridiculous.

What's wrong with it? Bent is a limited player, but a good one nonetheless. He does his job very well.

Bent is fast and does a very good job of making the runs to get in behind defences. He is somewhat limited as this is indeed all he really does do. He doesn't really do much with the ball outside of the box i.e. his hold up play is pretty average and he won't run at defenders either. He does finish well though, and consistently too, and doesn't scuff every goal he scores as was insinuated in the first post. Just though the initial post was a bit petty.

Watch him play, I have never seen him cleanly hit the ball when I have watched Sunderland on MoTD his shots, although effective and regularly goal bound are not hit with the power and crispness that other players strike the ball with.  Plus, whatever you feel about the players pace, I personally think he is average paced, his running style is poor - very small strides that do not look graceful or comfortable.  We have players like that, Shola for example has a strange style of running that looks lazy but, he really covers the ground.  I don't think that Bent does.

Whatever you think - embarrassing post? or otherwise - I am telling people my opinion.  Not all will agree.  You go on to say that you think he is quick, fine, you also say he doesn't do much in link play or in build up play, again fine.  I agree with you. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  Mine is that I don't particularly rate Bent.  I didn't when he was at Charlton or at Spuds and nothing has changed since. 

Lee Cattermole sent off again.  :mackems:

He's a scummy little c***.  Ten times worse than Barton.

I hope Clattermole is missing (for one reason or another) by the time we play them, as I fear him hurting one of our players (again), and if he's playing it would probably be Ben Arfa!

sounds about right like. although barton may feel he has a score to settle. can easy imagine a punch up between the 2 of them.

Darren Bent is a quality goal poacher, whether or not he has the skill to beat 10 men and then fire one in from 60 yards is irrelavant, he's good at what his posision requirs of him (scoring goals).

You just need to look at his goal record to see his quality (1 in 2 for Sunderland, just under 1 in 2 for Charlton), it cannot be luck.

If he played for us we'd all be wanking over him.

Darren Bent is a quality goal poacher, whether or not he has the skill to beat 10 men and then fire one in from 60 yards is irrelavant, he's good at what his posision requirs of him (scoring goals).

You just need to look at his goal record to see his quality (1 in 2 for Sunderland, just under 1 in 2 for Charlton), it cannot be luck.

If he manages to beat ten men but is still 60 yards away from goal after doing it, he's definately doing something wrong.

If he manages to beat ten men but is still 60 yards away from goal after doing it, he's definately doing something wrong.

:razz:

You know what, you're right. As an effective striker it is crazy that I don't rate him.  I just don't, never have.

Everything else positive said about Bent is also true, I say positive things about him in terms of his record and if that is all that a footballer lives and dies by then he has nothing to worry about.

Don't think Ol' 'Arry thought too much of him either though while he was a spuds player!!

Pippo Inzaghi was s*** at just about everything other than 'been in the right place at the right time', look where thats gotten him.

Well no, as he was a world class finisher.  Good in the air aswell.

I can't say i have seen a whole lot of Bent but wouldn't Bent be considered a world class finisher ?

Pippo Inzaghi was s*** at just about everything other than 'been in the right place at the right time', look where thats gotten him.

Well no, as he was a world class finisher.  Good in the air aswell.

I can't say i have seen a whole lot of Bent but wouldn't Bent be considered a world class finisher ?

Nah..... a world class finisher would probably have scored from open play four games into the season.

Was just looking at a thread on RTG about them being linked with Gyan before they signed him.

"If we spent £12 million on Gyan after receiving £8 million for Jones I'd be gutted tbh"

"Don't really want him."

"Thankfully. If anyone spends that kind of money on Gyan they've been mugged in the way Liverpool were over Diouf and Diao. They also had decent WCs, and their fees became ridiculously inflated. Gyan is this season's Diouf in the making."

Thought I'd post this here, from the OPTA Index....

TEAM.....................SHOTS................ON TARGET...........SHOT ACCURACY.........SUCCESSFUL PASSES

Newcastle................44..........................26............................59%..............................1083.................

Sunderland..............31...........................8..............................26%...............................855.................

We've got the joint best shots on target percentage in the league along with Chelsea.

TEAM.....................SHOTS................ON TARGET...........SHOT ACCURACY.........SUCCESSFUL PASSES

Newcastle................44..........................26............................59%..............................1083.................

Sunderland..............31...........................8..............................26%...............................855.................

We've got the joint best shots on target percentage in the league along with Chelsea.

So the only difference between us and Chelsea is literally a decent striker?

So the only difference between us and Chelsea is literally a decent striker?

in a nutshell, aye.

So the only difference between us and Chelsea is literally a RICH OWNER?

:sadnod:

Last Orders in Whitley Bay has the disabled toilets labled "Mackems" which is a bit harsh :lol:

Telling that the programme they have on the wall is a Villa one from when we went down.  Afetr all, that's the highlight of the footballing lifetime of an entire generation of Sunderland fans, that season where they were shit and nearly went down themselves.