Sunderland...

Heron

What I don't understand is why the mackems and the Media think they had the better side "on paper". James Hunter in the Sunday Sun says that Sunderland man to man obviously had the better team and Simon Bird in the Mirror reckoned Bruce had a choice of midfielders "Pardew could only dream of"!!!!!! Which one(s) out of their lot would be preferable to ours? Sessessegon instead of Obertan? who else - certainly no one in the midfield - even upfront is Guen any better than Shola?

I think their players are more famous than ours, so somehow they are better, it's a mistake we made in the past with the likes of Butt, Duff and Parker, who were all rank for us, but consistently considered far better players than they were, by ourselves (initially) and in the media (permanently).

It doesn't make them good players though, Tiote and Cabaye (from what I've seen in 2 and a half games, and by all accounts) at least, are far superior to any of their midfielders, but they're not as famous in this country so aren't given as much credit. This doesn't bother me whatsoever, they will continue to do their talking on the pitch and winning matches against Sunderland, time after time.

I'd take Sessegnon from them, and Gyan too, although I'd hope that we could sign a better striker than Gyan. Not sure I'd take any one else for the first team, probably Bardsley or O'Shea because they're versatile, but again I'd hope we'll sign someone better. I'd have a few of their players in the squad mind, as their first team is full of mediocre squad players.

I hope they realise this eventually, for their own good. They are a bizarre set of fans though, so they probably won't.

Cabaye was excellent yesterday IMO, considering it is only his 2nd game in england and in a local derby with a build up he probably hasnt experienced before in france. Defo seems a snip at around 4m...

MOTM for me I reckon, definite cult hero potential.

Also has an amazing body. :snod:

:pow: Yeah i wudnt mind a shot on that tbh...

Just got this from a Spurs fan: I've just watched the highlights and winning that game is nowt to be proud of. It looked to me like 22 cloggers in a s*** kicking contest! How there was only 1 red is beyond me. Not including Larsson's goal keeping. Cabaye and Cattermole should have walked and if Ryan Taylor had caught Gyan with the elbow he swung he'd have gone as well.

Wasn't the elbow from Raylor about waist height? :lol:

Was a comment on my FB status.  First reply from another mag

"Northeast Brawler Champions 2011 - eat it you yorkshire fake cockney fuck."

Guest johnson293

Dont evan know why they have a thread on the larsson handball, it wasnt given anyways :idiot2:...and we stil beat them :celb:

TBH, its probably for the best that Larsson wasn't sent off (though would have been nice to get the penalty), as it would just give them another excuse for losing to us again, if they'd had to play 75 minutes with 10 men.

The Bardsley one was too late to have any affect on the match/result.

Guest Haris Vuckic

They knew it was a handball too - which is why the pathetic wankers cheered like they'd scored when only a corner was given.

Their fans were shite all game, was very close to them on the right hand side of ours and they did nothing.

Also, on the bus back, we encountered loads of them by the side of the road giving us signals, do they have no shame? They got beaten again ffs. :lol:

After we beat them 4-1 they were lining up to give us "2-1" gestures :lol:

I'd love to see us giving them the 5-1 and then trying to do a 9-1 back, that'll really mess with their heads.  :lol:

If only it was 6-1, folied again!

anybody got the statistics for sendings off in derbies in last 30 years or so- rekon theyve had loads, they just lose thier heads :smug:

They don't lose their heads though, it's just because everyone is so biased towards us.

Lucky the ref didn't use Larsson's yawning as an excuse to give a pen and send him off, that would have proven the bias though. Bloody Magedia.

Guest BooBoo

They can take solace today from the fact that they beat us 9-1 back when the Penny Fathing was a popular form of transport.

I swear there was some inbred idiot trying to give us the '9-1' with his fingers to the buses, was funny viewing actually. :lol:

everything is wrong for them , even thier only reply to all our domination, a hundred odd year old record, cant be gestured without looking like a twat. :lol: :troll:

it must be so shit being a Sunderland fan.

i bet our win % at SOL is higher than thiers. :lol:

Guest johnson293

They knew it was a handball too - which is why the pathetic wankers cheered like they'd scored when only a corner was given.

Referee only awards corner to Mags instead of a Penalty and red card to Larsson....

http://media.hof.wemakemedia.co.uk/cache/8594_display.jpg

anybody got the statistics for sendings off in derbies in last 30 years or so- rekon theyve had loads, they just lose thier heads :smug:

They've got a thread about it, as if it shows that the only reason they've beaten us once in the last decade is MAG REFS!

Why is Mag their favoured word for us by the way? They use it more than we do to refer to ourselves, I quite like it as a nickname. Guess when you talk about a team as much as those lot it makes sense to use as short a name as possible.

http://media.hof.wemakemedia.co.uk/cache/8594_display.jpg

A NEWSPAPER SAYS WE HAVE BETTER PLAYERS