Sunderland...

Heron

Bent eclipses anything we've got or could hope to have. The rest is moderately comparable. Though our strength in depth is slim-to-none.

Bent - I agree.  Bar that - can't see what they have over us.  Hence why they struggled the year we went down, struggled the year after and are currently sitting one point ahead of us.

Looking at the starting line-ups from the weekend, the only positions I would say they a clearly better than us in are right back (onuaha), and upfront (Bent ofcourse).

Imo, Coloccini, Enrique, Gutierrez, Tiote and Carroll would probably get into their starting XI.

The few mackems at work are giving it the big one this week, thinking they are going to tonk us. 

We'll wait and see.

They're going into the derby game at yours for the first time in a while as, what they consider to be, favourites, and a clearly better team. Personally, I think they're getting ahead of themselves - their 2 wins have been a debatable last minute penalty scuffed in by Bent, and an own goal (in a game they were by some distance 2nd best). I think they're just putting on a face of confidence just for the hell of it.

Are Sunderland really a clearly better team?  Man for man, I really don't see where they are clearly better.  I'm not sure how many of their squad I would take to be honest.

Their team for their last match was:

Sunderland

22 Mignolet

02 Bardsley

04 Turner

15 Onuoha

19 Bramble

06 Cattermole

08 Malbranque

10 Henderson

27 Al-Muhammadi

11 Bent

17 Welbeck (Gyan 65)

Substitutes

01 Gordon,

05 John Mensah,

14 Da Silva,

29 Ferdinand,

07 Zenden,

16 Riveros,

33 Gyan

Nope. It's just what they think. I'd say Elmohamady, from how he's started this season, would get on your right wing.

Mignolet has been decent from what I've seen, I don't know whether he's better than Krul or not.

Onouha

Colo

Williamson (Bramble?)

Enrique

Jonas

Tiote

Henderson

Elmohamady

Bent

Carroll

?

Guest Roger Kint

Id say Bent, Onuoha & Al Muhammadi are the only ones who could although Henderson would push it close the way he is improving each time i have seen him. Then again he will be a Citeh reserve by June no doubt.

And was Gyan nominated over Milito? Havent checked the list but heard it mentioned on the radio......

Id say Bent, Onuoha & Al Muhammadi are the only ones who could although Henderson would push it close the way he is improving each time i have seen him. Then again he will be a Citeh reserve by June no doubt.

And was Gyan nominated over Milito? Havent checked the list but heard it mentioned on the radio......

Aye. Neither Milito or Rooney are nominated, but Gyan is :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Aye. Neither Milito or Rooney are nominated, but Gyan is :lol:

Milito who scored the winner in two cup finals(well both in the CL final) and fired Inter to the league and their first treble winning season or Gyan who managed a couple of goals in the World Cup, 12 or whatever in the French league, an ACN runners up medal and a MOTM award v Australia in the same year? Ye divvn't understand!

Just read in the paper there will be 700 coppers plus 30 horse coppers and 30 mental police dogs out in force for this one. Scary.

The horseys make me shit myself.

The coppers have absolutely no control over them and they fling their legs out everywhere  :weep:

Just read in the paper there will be 700 coppers plus 30 horse coppers and 30 mental police dogs out in force for this one. Scary.

The coppers have absolutely no control over them and they fling their legs out everywhere  :weep:

I can take the horses nee sweat, its the mental dogs I'm scared of.

I can take the horses nee sweat, its the mental dogs I'm scared of.

Last time we played at the stadium of light a mackem tried to run at us after we got off the metro before the match and was dragged to the deck by one of them, nearly tore his stripey charva jumper clean off :lol:

Bent eclipses anything we've got or could hope to have. The rest is moderately comparable. Though our strength in depth is slim-to-none.

Anything we could hope to have?  I'd say even from the little I've seen of HBA that he would eclipse all NE players quite easily even Darren 'scuffed shot' Bent.

Anything we could hope to have?  I'd say even from the little I've seen of HBA that he would eclipse all NE players quite easily even Darren 'scuffed shot' Bent.

Darren Bent has a shit load of goals to back his case, Hatem Ben Arfa just has enthusiastic Geordies. That won't change till he's fit and has had a decent run of games for us.