Sunderland...

Heron

Bent eclipses anything we've got or could hope to have. The rest is moderately comparable. Though our strength in depth is slim-to-none.

Anything we could hope to have?  I'd say even from the little I've seen of HBA that he would eclipse all NE players quite easily even Darren 'scuffed shot' Bent.

Darren Bent has a s*** load of goals to back his case, Hatem Ben Arfa just has enthusiastic Geordies. That won't change till he's fit and has had a decent run of games for us.

True, but when you talk about anything we 'could hope to have' I can't prove it either way!  I just don't want the mackems getting praised on here without comment.  :pow:

What type of midfielder is Henderson anyway? I imagine with Cattermole he's meant to be their forward thinking midfielder but I can't say I've noticed him make or score that many.

Can't say I've seen much of him either but he's big and strong with decent ability and they see him as a future England player.

They were asking a sunderland fan about him on Talksport and he reckoned he was quick, could score goals and had a decent cross on him. If he's right-sided then Enrique will snuff him dead. If he's up against Simpson I'd be concerned...unless he turns out to be shite and it's all hype.

so he's paid 13m for this fancy new striker and he switchs to a 4-5-1 right after that, something doesn't add up

realised bents shit when playing along side someone else?

But Gyan is one of the 23 best players in the world! :frantic:

I think for this match I'd be tempted to since their best bet of scoring is to sit back and hit us on the break. They do have some pace up front so if we push too far up the pitch I'm not sure we've got the players to deal with the ball over the top.

Guest LucasUnger

There's only four of us, with two of them being mom and dad :undecided:  Sweden's out on second thoughts :lol:

how does your mommy look like?  :pow:

The few mackems at work are giving it the big one this week, thinking they are going to tonk us. 

We'll wait and see.

They're going into the derby game at yours for the first time in a while as, what they consider to be, favourites, and a clearly better team. Personally, I think they're getting ahead of themselves - their 2 wins have been a debatable last minute penalty scuffed in by Bent, and an own goal (in a game they were by some distance 2nd best). I think they're just putting on a face of confidence just for the hell of it.

Are Sunderland really a clearly better team?  Man for man, I really don't see where they are clearly better.  I'm not sure how many of their squad I would take to be honest.

Their team for their last match was:

Sunderland

22 Mignolet

02 Bardsley

04 Turner

15 Onuoha

19 Bramble

06 Cattermole

08 Malbranque

10 Henderson

27 Al-Muhammadi

11 Bent

17 Welbeck (Gyan 65)

Substitutes

01 Gordon,

05 John Mensah,

14 Da Silva,

29 Ferdinand,

07 Zenden,

16 Riveros,

33 Gyan

A quick trip to RTG to read one of their many "Do Newcastle have a better first XI than us?" threads will tell you that the majority believe that man for man they are better than us in almost every position. Which of course is nonesense.

They reckon Bramble's better than Coloccini. :lol:  :spit:

RTG does make for interesting reading.  I think the teams are pretty much even (I've tried to look at it as objectively as possible...) but the majority of them seem to reckon at least an 8-3 man for man.  I obviously haven't seen enough of the Sunderland magic this season.

The only definites from them would be Onuoha, Gyan and Bent.  After that - I can't see much quality there. 

They do have more strength in depth currently though.  However, if we had HBA, Gosling, Harper, Campbell, S Taylor all fit, I can't say their squad would be much stronger.

RTG does make for interesting reading.  I think the teams are pretty much even (I've tried to look at it as objectively as possible...) but the majority of them seem to reckon at least an 8-3 man for man.  I obviously haven't seen enough of the Sunderland magic this season.

The Mail had an article on the game and said it was going to be a close match, some of them are going ape shit and saying the journalist must be a mag :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Who's their left back that's better than Enrique?

Bent is the only player they have that I'd have in our team tbh, the rest are fading, dirty, or shite.