Sunderland...

Heron

I get the impression that a lot of us are in denial about this. This victory is a good example of what it is going to be like for them under O'Neill. Things are just going to go their way and they are going to get better. Be prepared to see a lot of him jumping up and down on the sidelines.

I get the impression that a lot of us are in denial about this. This victory is a good example of what it is going to be like for them under O'Neill. Things are just going to go their way and they are going to get better. Be prepared to see a lot of him jumping up and down on the sidelines.

:sadnod:

Guest bimpy474

True but they are so ropey at the back, he can jump up and down as much as he likes when they score but i see a few 3-2 and 4-2's coming in against them.

While i agree, they were fuckin lucky to win that today (disallowed goal) and if Blackburn had won, you'd have to say the scum look destined for relegation.

There next 4 games will say a lot about them, either they will get fuck all, or sneak a couple of wins.

Aye they'll improve of course, but as long as we look after ourselves and keep our players fit they won't trouble us. No doubt when it comes to derby day next they'll be mouthing to us bigger than ever about how they'll turn us over and thrash us 2-1 etc. The usual guff. Aside from the derby fixtures each season they cause us absolutely no trouble, the same for practically every other team in the league when it comes to Sunderland.

If they played a remotely decent side today, or at least one with any ambition or dignity they would have lost without a shadow of a doubt.

:sadnod:

They've beaten the worst team in the league at home ffs. Only just, too.

They'll improve but i'm really not remotely worried. Unless something truly revolutionary happens there, like a Man City-style investor, they'll be also-rans until eternity. Shite team, shite fans, shite club, now with an okay manager.

The opposition is irrelevant though, in my opinion. Steve Bruce's Sunderland would have lost. I think that under O'Neill, they'll find ways, by luck or design, of finding draws/wins when otherwise they'd lose.

The opposition is irrelevant though, in my opinion. Steve Bruce's Sunderland would have lost. I think that under O'Neill, they'll find ways, by luck or design, of finding draws/wins when otherwise they'd lose.

That was a shite performance won with two wondergoals. It's not gonna happen every week. Yeah, they'll probably improve to be about the 14th best team in the league. Whatever, who cares.

I missed the first half but what I witnessed in the second half were completely shite performances from both teams. Nearly fucking fell asleep.

Like Sewelly said, two wondergoals saved the mackems today and it's not going to happen every week!

Can't remember the last time I heard a stadium so quiet, it was embarassing. Blackburn's tactics were shocking though, Sunderland probably deserved to win. At least Super Saint Messiah O'Neill of Martin led them to victory.....that place really is a stain on this earth.

Can't remember the last time I heard a stadium so quiet, it was embarassing. Blackburn's tactics were shocking though, Sunderland probably deserved to win. At least Super Saint Messiah O'Neill of Martin led them to victory.....that place really is a stain on this earth.

You really could hear a pin drop for the majority of the game. Apart from the last 6 minutes when they had a chance of winning.

Even then it wasn't exactly loud. Awful 'supporters'

Guest Heneage

I genuinely thought you were on the wind up.

They beat Blackburn. At home. Not only are Blackburn in the bottom three, they had two reserve fullbacks playing. In the second half they all looked knackered and sat so deep they were almost in the stands.

This is of course before we mention the fairly legitimate goal Blackburn had chalked off, that would have put them in a much stronger position going into half time. They were all singing and dancing at the end but at the minute that stadium is bipolar most of the time. A few bad touches and they all boo and groan like a shit pantomime.

Let's see how they do against Tottenham before O'Neill is the messiah.

what utter bollox,

oneil=most overated manager in the country. 

a lot may think he had relative success at villa,

ask villa fans and most  will tell you he flatter to decieve, no plan B, just direct football, root one a lot of the times, lump it up to carew, if that fails, then they're screwed.

Blackburn were fucking woeful in the second half. They got exactly what they deserved.

The mackems will now fully believe they are on the crest of a wave but reality will bite and they will eventually realise their most dangerous weapon is still Brambles index finger.

Guest Craig-NUFC

I don't even know why I tried to have bit of craic on over Facebook with some of them like. Mind numbing.

Tried with two of my Mackem mates and both of them went straight on the defensive. One claimed that we're always talking about Sunderland and the other saying Pardew said we were going to win the league

:serious:

should have been 2 down- that free kick for a foul on the keeper was a joke.

lucky bastards. think LiB could be right-hoping not. some tricky fixtures coming up- it wont be the end of thier relegation fight just yet.

ask villa fans and most  will tell you he flatter to decieve, no plan B, just direct football, root one a lot of the times, lump it up to carew, if that fails, then they're screwed.

whilst I agree, he did flatted to deceive, and he definitely had no plan B, he wasn't a long ball man, that's unfair.

He was incredibly one dimensional, though, with wingers just twatting anything into the box. In that sense, it is a percentages game just like the long ball game, so there are similarities, but we never really just hoofed it at Carew, that's a bit unfair.

I genuinely thought you were on the wind up.

They beat Blackburn. At home. Not only are Blackburn in the bottom three, they had two reserve fullbacks playing. In the second half they all looked knackered and sat so deep they were almost in the stands.

This is of course before we mention the fairly legitimate goal Blackburn had chalked off, that would have put them in a much stronger position going into half time. They were all singing and dancing at the end but at the minute that stadium is bipolar most of the time. A few bad touches and they all boo and groan like a shit pantomime.

Let's see how they do against Tottenham before O'Neill is the messiah.

Definitely not on the wind up mate.

Obviously he is no miracle worker and he isnt going to get them into the Champions League but I have no doubt that he is going to turn them into a much better team than they currently are. As a NUFC fan, it's a bit annoying. From my time living in the midlands (from 96 onwards) I saw how prior to his arrival, Birmingham City turned Villa over every game (some even with Bruce in charge). Villa never looked back after he arrived (apologies to brummie if thats an over generalisation). I admit I am bothered that he may turn SAFC around similarly.

Whilst today's performance, from what I hear, was poor, I just think its inidicative of his overall influence at the club, that things are starting to go their way, instead of against them, all of a sudden. I think he is just one of those managers to whom positive things happen.

Personally, I think he's an excellent appointment for them, and I am not surprised in the least that their fans are doing cartwheels.

Guest bimpy474

whilst I agree, he did flatted to deceive, and he definitely had no plan B, he wasn't a long ball man, that's unfair.

He was incredibly one dimensional, though, with wingers just twatting anything into the box. In that sense, it is a percentages game just like the long ball game, so there are similarities, but we really just hoofed it at Heskey as well, that's fairer.

Closer ? :D