Sunderland...

Heron

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Seems alright to me tbh - lot better than that Wireside cockend! :)

Even Wireside started out a sensible, reserved poster. Before the derby he said he wouldn't come on if we lost because we wouldn't want a Mackem buzzing around the board etc. I think it all turned when he saw an article claiming they beat us to the signature of Gardner :)

To me, it looks as if Bendtner can't be arsed? He's been poor for yous this season.

He is frustrating.

Has good feet for a big man and does some lovely stuff at times, but he drops deep and drifts out wide quite a lot (tactical?!) and shows little inclination or desire to bust his balls and get into the box.

Well, like you've said, can't see him being with yous next season. You really do need a striker like.

Guest Randy Savage

To me, it looks as if Bendtner can't be arsed? He's been poor for yous this season.

He is frustrating.

Has good feet for a big man and does some lovely stuff at times, but he drops deep and drifts out wide quite a lot (tactical?!) and shows little inclination or desire to bust his balls and get into the box.

Well, like you've said, can't see him being with yous next season. You really do need a striker like.

We do, but we'll be ok as in the meantime we have people chipping in from all areas, unlike two seasons ago when it was just Bent scoring.

Larsson, Vaughan and Gardner have been a real boon, particularly now the latter two have been given a more regular game.

Guest Randy Savage

Even Wireside started out a sensible, reserved poster. Before the derby he said he wouldn't come on if we lost because we wouldn't want a Mackem buzzing around the board etc. I think it all turned when he saw an article claiming they beat us to the signature of Gardner :)

Well I'm not him pal, I assure you.

90% of my mates are mags and I've got used to taking abuse off them over the years, as generally you have had the upper hand. Always took it on the chin, although it must be said they went into hiding and avoided me like the plague when you went down! Think they thought all the chickens were going to come home to roost!

I came on in the aftermath of the last derby and I've been a bit bored tonight so thought I would pop back on for a change of scene. Have a couple of threads I want to start when I reach 100 posts, but sensible ones.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Well I'm not him pal, I assure you.

90% of my mates are mags and I've got used to taking abuse off them over the years, as generally you have had the upper hand. Always took it on the chin, although it must be said they went into hiding and avoided me like the plague when you went down! Think they thought all the chickens were going to come home to roost!

I came on in the aftermath of the last derby and I've been a bit bored tonight so thought I would pop back on for a change of scene. Have a couple of threads I want to start when I reach 100 posts, but sensible ones.

It would take a lot to turn out like that bellend! :lol:                   

Your input has generally been of good quality in the past :)

He is frustrating.

This.  He never seems like an out and out striker or target man to me, he just doesn't spend enough time getting into goalscoring positions.  You look at proper strikers like Shearer or (dare I say it) Phillips and they're busting a gut to get into the box and get on the end of something every chance they get.  Bendtner just doesn't seem to do that.

Guest Randy Savage

It's all good Randy, I was only jesting. I'm all for mature debate with rivals tbh.

Just a misunderstanding on my part.

Guest Randy Savage

He is frustrating.

This.  He never seems like an out and out striker or target man to me, he just doesn't spend enough time getting into goalscoring positions.  You look at proper strikers like Shearer or (dare I say it) Phillips and they're busting a gut to get into the box and get on the end of something every chance they get.  Bendtner just doesn't seem to do that.

When he does get into the box, Bendtner seems to want an extra touch and has a desire to score a beautiful goal.

I think he wants to play like a Bergkamp or Sheringham, but he's not that good.

He's not shit mind, as some of our fans would have you believe. Shows some great feet and vision at times. Picked out several passes I never even saw were on.

Guest Randy Savage

It's all good Randy, I was only jesting. I'm all for mature debate with rivals tbh.

Don't let it happen again.  :shifty:

Are you midds from Seaham that's on RTG?!

Vaughans goal also far superior. A better keeper would have got to Cabayes. No keeper in the world would have saved our 2

Vaughan's was wind-assisted, a freak goal, whereas Cabaye's was purely good technique. By that logic, we should be hailing Tim Howard as a long shot genius.

Pint of bitter marra?

Yeah, probably wasn't a fair comment on the Sunderland goal on reflection. Funnily enough, my last comment on this thread saw me be accused of being a mackem. I'm clearly very inconsistent!

nah there's two 'midds' that are NUFC fans.

Easy mistake, mate.

Vaughans goal also far superior. A better keeper would have got to Cabayes. No keeper in the world would have saved our 2

probably agree tbh. gardner's fk was ridiculous and cabaye's free kick was a lot easier to save that vaughan's goal

Cabayes free kick curled away from the keeper and went in off the bar, Gardener's free kick curled towards the keeper and well inside both post and crossbar (then again it was initially heading away from goal which makes it unlikely for the keeper to even move for it).  In reality neither was savable no matter who was in goal, only a petty moron would claim otherwise (not saying you said either was savable, I'm referring to the original inbred comment).

Guest palnese

Gardner's technique for the free kick is one of the best I've ever seen tbh. The way he hit it is remarkable. Fantastic piece of skill.

probably agree tbh. gardner's fk was ridiculous and cabaye's free kick was a lot easier to save that vaughan's goal

Cabayes free kick curled away from the keeper and went in off the bar, Gardener's free kick curled towards the keeper and well inside both post and crossbar (then again it was initially heading away from goal which makes it unlikely for the keeper to even move for it).  In reality neither was savable no matter who was in goal, only a petty moron would claim otherwise (not saying you said either was savable, I'm referring to the original inbred comment).

i think the top keepers in the world would have saved cabayes tbh. it was pretty far out and lindegaart got a hand to it, stronger hand would have saved it. imo gardner's was not quite, but almost up there with ronaldo vs pompey. you cant save them. though i only saw it twice so will need to see it again, but i remember being wowed by it which I wasnt by cabaye's. no one is a moron by claiming cabaye's would be unstoppable. people would be complaining if krul had let that in i have no doubt.

despite what i've said ^^ cabaye's free kick was class, but gardner's was another level of "unstoppable"

"The administrator has banned your email address. You will need to change your email address in order to continue. If you think this is done in error, please click here to contact the administrator"

WTF, tried to register at RTG, to have some fun.