Sunderland...

Heron

Hate the way they've stolen and adapted our songs. "Sunderland boot boys" and the "Gallowgate is always full". We were singing the geordie boot boys and Fulwell end is always full songs in the early 80's. I can't take any songs they sing about loyalty seriously after their disgraceful no show after half time in the 5-1 game. SUNDERLAND TIL HALF TIME sums them up.

Both of those songs go back to at least the early '70's.

Come on now, what would you really expect from supporters of a club who's captain is a thug and a car vandal. After all they were applauding him because the offences were carried out in Newcastle upon Tyne.

And who could forget how many of them rated their best ever moment in football seeing their great rivals legendary centre forward carried off in their stadium. That was the game during which said legendary centre forward scored in a 4-1 defeat by said rivals, by the way.

Guest WashyGeordie

Hate the way they've stolen and adapted our songs. "Sunderland boot boys" and the "Gallowgate is always full". We were singing the geordie boot boys and Fulwell end is always full songs in the early 80's. I can't take any songs they sing about loyalty seriously after their disgraceful no show after half time in the 5-1 game. SUNDERLAND TIL HALF TIME sums them up.

Surprised they haven't made a thread about how they've been singing the songs 'til the club began, and all some kind of mega-bullshit.  :rolleyes:

Or they have (I don't go on the SMB)...

I liked the one "i'd only wish injuries on their players, would hate to see what their reaction was to Meyler and Campbell" I don't recall anyone giving a f*** because they're nothing players?

Indeed. When Whickam got injured I don't recall a single person here getting happy about it, in fact the reaction was the opposite. Sunderland a classy club? HAH

The Google Ngram Viewer allows you to search their database to obtain and graph data on how often a particular phrase is mentioned in all publications. This gives you information as to how much cultural relevance has been afforded to certain things over a given period of time.

So naturally the first thing I tried was...

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1158/ngram.jpg

Espn Classic. Own Goals and Gaffes III

"Titus Bramble. U21 international and all round nice guy :)

Proof that even the premier leagues finest can have an off day"

Then they go on to show about 5 clips in a row of Titus messing up :lol:

8 pages on that Sammy thread ffs.

To mock anyone for being injured is very low, imo. I can guarantee that even if those cretins went through long-term injuries then they'd think twice before mocking anyone like they have. Idiots.