Newcastle promoted to the Premier League - now, LET'S PARTY!

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

I dont remember a time when we havent been top, unless its been down to having games in hand. Possibly after the first game of the season.

Talk of owner Mike Ashley suddenly opening his chequebook to lavish a £60million war chest on Hughton is naive, but with sensible investment (anathema in Tynecastle in recent years) in the right areas, the club should be optimistic of reestablishing themselves in the Premier League once again.

What the heck have Hearts got to do with this?  F***wits.

Really good point there about fans who have jumped ship.

Wonder how many are going to try and get a season ticket for next year?

They are not wanted nor needed by the club

:thup:

Sorry like lads but if we want 52,000 ay every game they are wanted and needed, aye its a pisser they walked away BUT I bet they watched every TV game bet they all still love NUFC just still hate Ashley.

Sorry like lads but if we want 52,000 ay every game they are wanted and needed, aye its a pisser they walked away BUT I bet they watched every TV game bet they all still love NUFC just still hate Ashley.

I said from day one though that by not going to the match only hurts one person and that is you!  Ashley will find someone else to sit in your seat.

Personally I am not bothered whether the ticket holders who left last year come back or not.  Doubt we will have too much trouble being close to full every week next season.

So as soon as we're promoted the hate for Ashley that's somehow been keeping them away suddenly vanishes does it? SJP does not need these fair weathered fickle fans. Give me 40k that care over 52k who just want to see top flight football.

So as soon as we're promoted the hate for Ashley that's somehow been keeping them away suddenly vanishes does it? SJP does not need these fair weathered fickle fans. Give me 40k that care over 52k who just want to see top flight football.

Admirable, but those 12,000 people paying £25 a game for 19 games next season would give us an extra £5.7m in revenue. I'd rather have the fans there and have another £4.5m player earning £25-30k a week.

Guest prestonj1989

We are the topic of conversation on talksport at the moment for anyone interested. Pretty much saying we should be embarrassed with all the media attention and that the promotion shouldn't be called an achievement. Durham saying we kind of cheated the league by playing will all these overpaid players who cost millions to buy.

Admirable, but those 12,000 people paying £25 a game for 19 games next season would give us an extra £5.7m in revenue. I'd rather have the fans there and have another £4.5m player earning £25-30k a week.

I don't care.

We are the topic of conversation on talksport at the moment for anyone interested. Pretty much saying we should be embarrassed with all the media attention and that the promotion shouldn't be called an achievement. Durham saying we kind of cheated the league by playing will all these overpaid players who cost millions to buy.

He's right. It's kind of like how attractive people unfairly use their looks to get on tv, while ugly, squinty-eyed, ginger cunts like him are stuck on radio.

It's an outrage, imo. :lol:

Durham's wiki entry...

Durham claimed that he does not own a television because "there is nothing worth watching on TV" and that "it ruined conversation."[citation needed] When asked by fellow presenter Rodney Marsh how he watched football on television, Durham said that he either went to his local pub or listened to the match on the radio.[citation needed]

Durham is also lead singer of Simple Red-Head, a tribute act to fellow ginger nut Mick Hucknall and his band Simply Red.

sad cunt of the highest order.

Guest Kenton Magpie

I can honestly say im a Ashley hater even to this day, despite that my love of Newcastle United is strong therefore im not willing to let one bloke stop me paying to see my team play, the fact we are back in the Premier League and a 'section' of those who put heads in the sand and thought fuck it im not going to go and watch this shite next season will come back is an insult to those who have stuck in at a time when football finance as well as personal finance has not been at its strong point, you are not wanted, Newcastle United will continue as a business and a football club regardless if you pump your money in or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Premier_League

Feels good to be back there. Also feels kinda elite looking at that list :aww:.

Wow, we're 9th in the table already.  :lol:

would deffo take that for next year's finishing position!  :snod:

Would be great. But I guess if we finished 9th, everybody would be complaining why we could not have finished 8th and therefore qualified for Europe (?).  :lol:

Is the 8th place enough for Europa League? Not too sure about it...  ???

http://www.lequipe.fr/comms/2010/04/20100405_214216_newcastle-remonte-en-premier-league_1.html

Great to see some of the comments from French football fans! Stuff like it's good for English football that Newcastle are back, praising our support, etc.

Admit it, you're just trying to show off your French aren't you  :lol:

Well naturally, but still proving that to football fans in Europe we're still a big club, possibly considered bigger on the continent than at home.