Newcastle Utd 2 - 1 Sheffield Utd - 05/04/10 - post match reaction from page 12

Nate

We have to play a lot better in the 2nd haf though, that was poor against a strong but very limited side. They will tire though, they put a lot of effort into that first half.

Back to the Premier League & back to the complacent shit that got us down here in the first place.

Hughton needs to absolutely bollock them at half time, that performance was abysmal and it was only thanks to some of the most stupid defending you'll ever see that we're on level terms at half time.

The commentator on bet365 was debating if it is allowed to use a "human shield" like that, or if it was some sort of obstruction. Anyone care to shine some light on that one? I have no idea, but I can't see why it shouldn't be allowed.

Whats the odds on Morgan getting "payback" on Carroll later. Dirty prick, clearly the ref would be watching the next corner, the ball goes over their head and he is holding Carroll preventing the him getting to it, what is the ref supposed to do? Just because most refs bottle it doesn't mean it was a bad decision, interested in hearing what the half time "experts" have to say on it.

Chris Morgan is a thick f***ing animal.Prick.

He looks thick, plays thick and amazing he's even considered good enough for this level. He's just a thug in football boots, just ask that Barnsley play he put in hospital.

Guest neesy111

such a low key feel to this match, quite odd. probably wouldve helped the atmopshere and game had forest won earlier.

Bit like the Oxford game back in 93

we all know what happened in the last game though  :smitten:

Whats the odds on Morgan getting "payback" on Carroll later. Dirty prick, clearly the ref would be watching the next corner, the ball goes over their head and he is holding Carroll preventing the him getting to it, what is the ref supposed to do? Just because most refs bottle it doesn't mean it was a bad decision, interested in hearing what the half time "experts" have to say on it.

Tony Gubba said it was a stonewall pen, dunno what the said on UK TV, but pretty clear pen like.

Am I the only one who don't think we've been s**** at all? ??? We've created plenty of chances, that goal's been coming. We'll win this, 3 or 4-1.

I have seen us play worse, we're giving the ball away more than normal and the defence are under a bit more pressure than usual. Still not surprised to see us level before the break. I think we can go and win this comfortable if we start the 2nd half well.

Guest JamesyJazz

Another f*** up by the waste of life that is Harper, well I never.

Where the F**k have you been for the past 17 years.

The man had an outstanding time between the sticks before Given spat his dummy out.

Harper deserves our upmost respect,a lesser man would have walked away to ply his trade with another team

Would've expected a much better atmos: 40k pissed up Geordies for a celebratory match...? Odd.

St. James Park is shite for a good atmosphere, the Gallowgate really needs to get going for it to be at all good. Not at all surprised how flat it was after we went 1-0 down.

such a low key feel to this match, quite odd. probably wouldve helped the atmopshere and game had forest won earlier.

Bit like the Oxford game back in 93

Win 2-1 again and i'll be happy though.

Sky commentators saying its a foul but its not often given, so therefore its harsh. Its a foul, ref saw it, idiots.

to do it shortly after the ref tells you off for it, with him standing nearby staring right at you.... serves morgan right.