Proud or embarrassed?

Luc

Can't we, for once not look at what went wrong, what might go wrong and just fucking enjoy the moment? As a "group of" fans we seem more happy to look back at or wait for the negatives than enjoy the positives.

Tonight we have lots of reasons to be happy, lets just enjoy it for once?

This is the third promotion I've seen - of the previous two one with a title and one as third and the trophy made no difference whatsoever to me - it's a minor trinket in the scheme of things.

Even if we do win it, it doesn't make up for the crass stupidity of relegation or the zero hope for the future.

This sort of arrogance would have been inconceivable during Keegan's promotion year. Maybe partly explains why he's not here now.

Whatever happened, happened. Noone is expecting anyone to forgive and forget, but we were favourite in many people's eyes to dive and be relegated again, so to secure promotion with 5 games to go is an achievement.

Let's stop looking back at what did or did not happen, and start looking to the future. We'll only succeed if we're all headed in the same direction.

Whatever happened, happened. Noone is expecting anyone to forgive and forget, but we were favourite in many people's eyes to dive and be relegated again, so to secure promotion with 5 games to go is an achievement.

Let's stop looking back at what did or did not happen, and start looking to the future. We'll only succeed if we're all headed in the same direction.

this.

Hats off to the mag I saw on the way to work this morning, walking down Broadway in Sydney in his Newcastle top, big smile on his face. It's times like that it doesn't matter where in the world you are, you still get that buzz.

Hats off to the mag I saw on the way to work this morning, walking down Broadway in Sydney in his Newcastle top, big smile on his face. It's times like that it doesn't matter where in the world you are, you still get that buzz.

disgusted theres no foto to be honest.

I'm just glad we've proved all those who mocked us wrong. Many have revelled in our demise and here we are, 5 games before the end of the season securing an immediate return to the premiership. That is impressive.

Exactly, we've shut alot of pricks up in sealing this so quietely and comfortably.  :clap:

FWIW you are on today's Marca international football pages, and I wouldn't be surprised you also make the other major Spanish sports rags. How many other promoted sides will make the news outside their home countries? You're still a big club.

Congratulations  :clap:

I said before the season that, if we go back up, it'll be a punch in the air and a sigh of relief. Which was exactly what i did when i heard this evening that we've gone up. I'm ecstatic we've managed it, because not going back up at the first shot would have been utterly catastrophic - and worse than the relegation itself. We'd probably have lost a lot of the players that are blatantly a cut above, and the hope would have frittered away even more so. And he'd have probably had another go at selling the bastard.

I dunno how proud i am, it's more about the relief. This season is an interruption because, whilst we deserved to get relegated (on the basis of the football played last season, and the fact that we appointed Joe Kinnear), we should never have been down here in the first place - when you look at the turd in the Premiership nowadays and the stature of this club (aswell as the squad we had), we should never, ever have been down here. There's definitely a lot of chest-beating in the face of those who wanted us to do 'a Leeds'... and there's a lot of middle fingers to the numerous clubs who saw us as a cup final - and thought they could give us a go. But that's about as far as it goes in the pride stakes. The squad fucked it up last season and it was their duty to put it right, which they've done.

It's more of a thumbs up than a salute imo.

I am over the moon. This club means everything to me, and to see it do well like this- picking itself up off its feet after a mighty fall- makes me so happy and, of course, PROUD.

Howay The Lads!

I wouldn't have felt 'proud' to avoid relegation last year. Cos it was blatantly obvious that relegation was unthinkable; just given the squad we had and the sheer stature of the club. Relegation was unthinkable and it wouldn't be a 'pride' thing to merely retain our elite status. And it's the same sort of thing this year. Hindsight in mind... we're an absolute cut above everything in this league, and should never have been down here - it's hard to be awash with pride. I'm proud of a few individuals - one in-particular - cos they've made it happen 'through adversity' if you like. But as a club, damn fucking right you've got us promoted - should think so too, etc etc. I'm elated they've done so, like.

We WERE an embarrassment when we went down, but you have to give credit for the work and achievement which has wiped out that stain, so the answer is neither ; relief is a better description of what we should be feeling plus a sense of trepidation as to what will be done to ensure there is no flop next season.

Hard work lies ahead.