Newcastle United 4 - 1 Blackpool - 10/04/10 - post match reaction from page 7

JH

Bloody Harper, needs to stop making mistakes :D

What was the point of that build up by the way? They seem to deliberately take up most of our coverage with random pointless build up then squeeze in minimal highlights at the end.

Think they do it every week as a feature.

I honestly haven't paid attention to many of the highlights this season (i.e. fast forwarding to the actual highlights rather than watching the whole show/build up) but they've done this quite a few times, worst for me was the other day when they did a combo of us & Forest and then showed about 20 seconds of each game.

Bloody Harper, needs to stop making mistakes :D

What was the point of that build up by the way? They seem to deliberately take up most of our coverage with random pointless build up then squeeze in minimal highlights at the end.

what was the point ?

to please phil k.

Lets lay this one to rest, if you sat anywhere other than Level 7, youd have heard how loud their fans were...i went with me bro who hasnt been for a while due to work, and as i sat in the leezes below, i could hear them very very loudly, and it was just a sea of orange. I was really impressed and would put them up there withthe best of the season like...we were canny pants like but again, because level 7 was loud and alot of people here (inc. myself normally) sit up there, it does drown out the noise if you sit there and clouds opinion...

tell me im wrong like but thats my opinion tbh...

Where has Carroll's crossing ability come from? He put over a couple of absolute peaches today.

Yep and despite his stature, Lovenkrands is a fantastic header of the ball. Gets tremendous direction and power on them.  In this league as a partnership, they just piss it.

Lets lay this one to rest, if you sat anywhere other than Level 7, youd have heard how loud their fans were...i went with me bro who hasnt been for a while due to work, and as i sat in the leezes below, i could hear them very very loudly, and it was just a sea of orange. I was really impressed and would put them up there withthe best of the season like...we were canny pants like but again, because level 7 was loud and alot of people here (inc. myself normally) sit up there, it does drown out the noise if you sit there and clouds opinion...

tell me im wrong like but thats my opinion tbh...

I sit, well stand, in Leazes Corner and thought they were the noisiest set of fans to visit SJP this season. Suprised to see so many empty seats in Leazes Corner yesterday but the fact that a lot of people up there aren't S/T holders and they stuck an extra fiver on the price of a ticket for there but kept prices for other parts of the ground the same for the Sheff Utd, Blackpool & Ipswich games probably explains that.

Where has Carroll's crossing ability come from? He put over a couple of absolute peaches today.

Yep and despite his stature, Lovenkrands is a fantastic header of the ball. Gets tremendous direction and power on them.  In this league as a partnership, they just piss it.

2 fantastic crosses from carroll, 2 fantastic headers from loven and 2 fantastic saves, great football all round. not forgetting carrolls ball on the deck from out wide that loven blazed over, that pass looked so easy but isn't.

I thought our build up to the goals and the goals themselves were to notch yesterday but imho we were a bit slack at the back on a few occasions and with better finishing Blackpool could have gave us a closer game .

I thought our build up to the goals and the goals themselves were to notch yesterday but imho we were a bit slack at the back on a few occasions and with better finishing Blackpool could have gave us a closer game .

with slightly better finishing we could have had 8 before an hour was up.

We have been much better as an attacking force since we got Routledge and moved Guthrie inside. Guthrie is thriving now. I thought he was just shit when played on the right. Still not sure he is good enough for a level above but hope he proves himself. Is good at spreading the play like Rob Lee used to (Not the same level) and is our best midfielder at present for keeping things ticking over. Also think Nolan has been working his arse off lately hope he can lift his game a bit. 14 Goals for a midfielder is not bad even at this level.