Champions or Undefeated Home Record?

Lenny
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thing is, the longer we stay undefeated at home, the bigger the pressure mounts on the next game. So IF I had to choose one of the two, I'd go for losing the Ipswich game (just to get it out the way) and winning the league.

Need I really say that I'd prefer winning both achievements though?

Thing is, the longer we stay undefeated at home, the bigger the pressure mounts on the next game. So IF I had to choose one of the two, I'd go for losing the Ipswich game (just to get it out the way) and winning the league.

Need I really say that I'd prefer winning both achievements though?

Good point, you just know we'll lose our first home game of next season :lol:

Thing is, the longer we stay undefeated at home, the bigger the pressure mounts on the next game.

I'd think that pressure would vanish if we didn't lose to Ipswich though, what with it being our last home game of the season.

I saw advertised the other day Piers Moragn interviewing Michael Winner. What the fuck? Satan himself would struggle to devise such a fucking pisspot of a show.

Missed an Inglourous Basterds type opportunity to burn the place down.

Winning at home pretty much guarantees the title even if we lose our 3 away games anyway doesn't it?

Think if West Brom win all theirs they'd beat us by a point.

Would depend on goal difference

Winning at home pretty much guarantees the title even if we lose our 3 away games anyway doesn't it?

Think if West Brom win all theirs they'd beat us by a point.

They can only get 95 points in total. We're already on 92. A win against Ipswich (if we lose against both Reading and Plymouth) still puts us on 95 points with a far superior goal difference.

Ah yeah - knew we needed 4 points to clinch it, thought our goal difference was so commanding that I didn't consider that.

Guess we could take a 10-0 hammering in our loss to Plymouth or something and do it that way  :dowie:

Shame we had that little run either side of Christmas else we could have battered Reading's record.

It's a shame we lost at all considering the s*** we actually lost games to.

Aye. 40 goals since Feb though. Look how much the footies changed since we've started playing 4-4-2 with wingers

I saw advertised the other day Piers Moragn interviewing Michael Winner. What the f***? Satan himself would struggle to devise such a f***ing pisspot of a show.

Missed an Inglourous Basterds type opportunity to burn the place down.

Wheres the suicide bomber when you really need one?

Coming to newcastle for the first time ever against ipswich, so fricking hope we win 8)

You've just set yourself up if we don't win.

I got the jinx magic

Over 100 years since we last went unbeaten at home, could well be another 100, so that wins for me.

This. But, as others have pointed out, a win at home virtually assures the trophy. The question is misleading.

Anyway, assuming that the club were to go undefeated at home and lose out on the title, it would create a great trivia question and grist for football columnists -- typical Newcastle etc.

Over 100 years since we last went unbeaten at home, could well be another 100, so that wins for me.

This. But, as others have pointed out, a win at home virtually assures the trophy. The question is misleading.

Anyway, assuming that the club were to go undefeated at home and lose out on the title, it would create a great trivia question and grist for football columnists -- typical Newcastle etc.

Well we could draw at home, which would give us the undefeated season, and still the potential to finish runners up...