NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I hope we keep Best. I don't think he's that good but he's an adequate third choice, and certainly offers more goal threat than Ameobi/Lovenkrands/Ranger. For what we'd get for him (though I'm not sure that matters any more seeing as it's apparently not linked) I don't think we'd get much better.

yip. may be better than a third choice,my personal jury is out, but i wouldn't want to be entering a new season risking him as a starting forward.

Given that he was just about the most in-form striker in the league when he got injured, it would be madness to contemplate selling him.

to be fair there was proably a spell when odemwingie was the form striker and otheres who aren't much good. if he carries it over a season or more then i'll be happy. there were still massive parts to his game that i didn't like.

What isn't serious?

What you've just said - Leon Best as the most in-form striker in the league.

You obviously see something in him that I don't. Journeyman centre-forward who's not going to progress beyond the level he's on now.

What isn't serious?

You obviously see something in him that I don't. Journeyman centre-forward who's not going to progress beyond the level he's on now.

Who was then? When he got that goal against Everton he had 6 in 9 or something like that. What I 'see' in him doesn't come into it.

Can we not just make a "shit bets between users" thread?

Log in expecting (fuck knows why) to see some progress on the transfer field and instead I'm treated to this guff. Howay man.

:clap: yawn

What isn't serious?

Who was then? When he got that goal against Everton he had 6 in 9 or something like that. What I 'see' in him doesn't come into it.

Well perhaps there was a period when statistically he was the most prolific striker, but that could have been said in the past of such luminaries as James Beattie and Mick Quinn.

Anyway, it looks like he's up for sale for about £4m and so far, no takers.

What isn't serious?

Well perhaps there was a period when statistically he was the most prolific striker, but that could have been said in the past of such luminaries as James Beattie and Mick Quinn.

Oh does it, thanks for that.

James Beattie proved himself to be a sub-standard PL striker over time. Best has shown nothing but promise so far in his short PL career.

You just dislike for the sake of it. Same with Coloccini.

What isn't serious?

You just dislike for the sake of it. Same with Coloccini.

You often bring up this idea that there's some odd motivation behind someone's viewpoint.

It's just an opinion. You rate Best. I don't.