NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

It's a shame because there is simply no doubting his talent. I understand the arguement that he is not worth it given his reputation and i agree but just for a moment lets imagine...

Cabaye      Tiote

Taarabt        Ben Arfa        Marveaux

Ba

I would rather have Jonas than Taarabt, and I'm far from Jonas' biggest fan.

Id like to see us sign Papiss Demba Cisse, Tranquillo Barnetta and Aly Cissokho. This would go a long way to securing us as a top 7 side.

If we signed those three we'd be challenging for a top 4 spot, nevermind top 7. :lol:

Id like to see us sign Papiss Demba Cisse, Tranquillo Barnetta and Aly Cissokho. This would go a long way to securing us as a top 4 side.

O0

Yep... Or at a push even just Cisse and Cissokho...

top 4! i dont know about that top 4 sides have players like mata, rooney, silva, nani, aguero. We would be missing players of a similar ilk.

Top 3 sides have those players, 4th isn't a million miles away.

Exactly. Add those three into the mix with our current side and it's easily a match for Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool.

top 4! i dont know about that top 4 sides have players like mata, rooney, silva, nani, aguero. We would be missing players of a similar ilk.

i agree however tottenham have the likes of modric, van der vaart, bale and adebeyor. Liverpool have Suarez. We dont have a player of the class of these type. However it could be argued that our team spirit and camaraderie vastly outweighs having such world class players.

i agree however tottenham have the likes of modric, van der vaart, bale and adebeyor. Liverpool have Suarez. We dont have a player of the class of these type. However it could be argued that our team spirit and camaraderie vastly outweighs having such world class players.

Hatem Ben Arfa, Cheik Tiote and Fabricio Coloccini disagrees.

In the Premier League, Gareth Bale has managed a grand total of 13 goals and 6 assists since he joined Spurs over 4 years ago.  I know he started as a left back, but even at that he's had 1 assist in the last year and a half.  Jonas Gutierrez has shown him up this season.

You can see the potential there but in truth so far he's been an average player who's build his reputation on the back of 2 games against Inter Milan.  No way is someone like him setting the barrier for top 4 teams.  Not yet anyway.

I agree with you that these three plus Yohan Cabaye are very good players for our team and have the potential top be top class english premier league players. However they have to prove it over a longer period of time like the players named above have. We've had a good start to the season, and progression would be a top 8 finish. 

That goal against Stoke prompted me to put him in my FF team - the cunt then went about 8 PL games getting 1 or 2 points, contributing literally nowt. He's a good player, but the press have fapped the fuck out of him.

I agree with you that these three plus Yohan Cabaye are very good players for our team and have the potential top be top class english premier league players. However they have to prove it over a longer period of time like the players named above have. We've had a good start to the season, and progression would be a top 8 finish.

Colo was brilliant last season and has been this. Same with Tiote, despite his slow start. What has Bale proved in the PL that those two haven't?

Bale was very effective against Italian teams because the Milan's are both pretty slow at this point and also operate without traditional 'english' wingers. Which actually is a fairly big weakness, Udinese really successfully got a lot of success out Wide because noone else in the league really tried that. Bale's effectiveness was thus pretty much against his idea opponents, and shouldn't have been surprising despite the prestigious opponents.

He's a good player, but his form is changeable. A lot more players have such fluctuating form than I think the main press ever really mentions, if a star has a quiet game it's not mentioned, if he has a great game he gets shouted about. Rooney got benched against Liverpool presumably because of his mental state, his mental weakness is born out in his form last season and internationally, and yet the press never dare mention that as brilliant as Rooney can be, he's weak headed, and fluctuates.

This is massively unfair on the steady going players, who put in the same shift game after game and are great but they don't dazzle, and disappear, dazzle then disappear, which monopolises coverage. Example of that would have been Vaughn at Blackpool last season, better than Charlie Adam, but Adam threw a strop at transfer day and scored a bunch so he got the media coverage. Vaughn doesn't appear to have carried the form to Sunderland though lol

Very little beyond on the odd flashes of pace or excellent technique. He has such long spells of nothingness.

I always hear how he gives fullbacks a torrid time but honestly I've seen him marked out of games convincingly way more than I've seen him tear one apart. Playing against an injured Maicon has given him immortatility amongst the media. Good young player but no where near consistent enough.

Guest Heneage

Very little beyond on the odd flashes of pace or excellent technique. He has such long spells of nothingness.

I always hear how he gives fullbacks a torrid time but honestly I've seen him marked out of games convincingly way more than I've seen him tear one apart. Playing against an injured Maicon has given him immortatility amongst the media. Good young player but no where near consistent enough.

Living off a stretched game in Milan where Tottenham still ended up losing.

VdV and Suarez haven't proven it in the PL for any longer a time that Tiote and Colo, either.

:troll:

These are proven world class players in world cup, copa americas in suarezs case and bundesliga, La Liga, Champions League in VDV's case