NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

VdV and Suarez haven't proven it in the PL for any longer a time that Tiote and Colo, either.

:troll:

These are proven world class players in world cup, copa americas in suarezs case and bundesliga, La Liga, Champions League in VDV's case

So has Ben Arfa (Champions League, anyway). Colo has proved himself in La Liga and now the Premier League. Tiote, while having a major fault in picking too many yellow cards, is from the little more than a year we've had him, one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. He's also played in the World Cup (though honestly I haven't got a clue how well he did there).

These three players are World Class IMO, they are up there with the best at what they do.

After that, we've got the likes of Cabaye, Jonas (in 2011), Ba and possibly Marveux and Santon who aren't at that level, but still very good players. I'd say these compares to the likes of Bale, Defoe, Downing, Carroll, Kuyt, Arteta, Gervinho etc.

What we lack is first and foremost depth. A couple of injuries to key players and we're in the shit, as well as quality in a couple of positions (mainly full back). Do I think we'll even battle for fourth? Nope. But I do think that our best players can be measured against the best players in the team that will finish fourth.

Guest Rob 1988

NUFC eye up QPR's playmaker Adel Taarabt  by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle (Oct 20 2011)

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/10/20/nufc-eye-up-qpr-s-playmaker-adel-taarabt-72703-29627708/

Adel Taarabt

NEWCASTLE UNITED are understood to be monitoring the situation surrounding Queens Park Rangers playmaker Adel Taarabt.

Toon boss Alan Pardew is thought to be an admirer of the Morocco international and the 22-year-old is clearly unsettled at Loftus Road with Neil Warnock telling the player he can leave unless he is fully committed to Rangers.

Taarabt stormed out of the dressing room during QPR’s 6-0 defeat at Fulham at half-time and the Chronicle understands that the ex-Tottenham player and Joey Barton do not see eye to eye.

Barton was awarded the captaincy at QPR in place of Taarabt and the situation is shaping up for a Loftus Road exit in January.

Taarabt said recently: “I want to leave QPR during the January transfer window.”

And a source at the Shepherds Bush club told the Chronicle: “All is not well for Adel at QPR.

“He’s not happy at the moment and leaving in January could be a serious option for him.

“He knows where he is not welcome and it could be time for pastures new.”

Taarabt’s contract at QPR has less than two seasons to run and Warnock says that any “fair offer” would have to be considered.

Taarabt is thought to be rated at £7million by Rangers and with the London club set to bring in some more big- name signings in January under new supremo Tony Hernandez, some book balancing is certain to be on the agenda.

Taarabt earns around £25,000 a week at QPR and will be looking for an improvement on his current deal

Just what we need a new troublemaker :facepalm:

VdV and Suarez haven't proven it in the PL for any longer a time that Tiote and Colo, either.

:troll:

These are proven world class players in world cup, copa americas in suarezs case and bundesliga, La Liga, Champions League in VDV's case

So has Ben Arfa (Champions League, anyway). Colo has proved himself in La Liga and now the Premier League. Tiote, while having a major fault in picking too many yellow cards, is from the little more than a year we've had him, one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. He's also played in the World Cup (though honestly I haven't got a clue how well he did there).

These three players are World Class IMO, they are up there with the best at what they do.

After that, we've got the likes of Cabaye, Jonas (in 2011), Ba and possibly Marveux and Santon who aren't at that level, but still very good players. I'd say these compares to the likes of Bale, Defoe, Downing, Carroll, Kuyt, Arteta, Gervinho etc.

What we lack is first and foremost depth. A couple of injuries to key players and we're in the s***, as well as quality in a couple of positions (mainly full back). Do I think we'll even battle for fourth? Nope. But I do think that our best players can be measured against the best players in the team that will finish fourth.

Yeh i agree. That was my argument in the first place ;)

Taarabt is a tremendous player. However if Ben Arfa is going to be playing behind the striker, then where would he fit in? Don't like him out wide as much. Fantastic player though, and I think people dismiss him too easily.

Good player, but we don't really need him. We need a top fullback and a top goalscoring striker and a top CB. He seems to have a real attitude problem, carries too much bagage and could seriously disrupt our currently fantastic team spirit. I'd be surprised if we made a move for him.

Taarabt is a tremendous player. However if Ben Arfa is going to be playing behind the striker, then where would he fit in? Don't like him out wide as much. Fantastic player though, and I think people dismiss him too easily.

:thup: If we could get him and he'd be happy as a back up to Barfa, then take a punt on him as long as he doesn't cost a ridiculous amount. But I think it's safe to say he's not moving to us any time soon with the gameplan of waiting it out on the bench.

In the right team he'd be a good player, however I just don't see any space for him here, especially with HBA still to find his spot in the team. Someone like Sunderland would be ideal for him, second striker, lots of starts and would get plenty of goals. However, he'd not join a club with so little standing in the game, not away from the capital.

In the right team he'd be a good player, however I just don't see any space for him here, especially with HBA still to find his spot in the team. Someone like Sunderland would be ideal for him, second striker, lots of starts and would get plenty of goals. However, he'd not join a club with so little standing in the game, not away from the capital.

He'd be a perfect fit for Sunderland, great player on paper.

nicely detailed article there...full of facts and quotes :lol:

and words even

What exactly is bendtners strengths ?  Would rather see us going getting some uknown south american striker.

Facundo Ferreyra :thup:

Get him signed before the World under 20s.

Class.