NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I reckon Lovenkrands will be on reasonably high wages aswell, be able to free up a tonne of unneeded rubbish off the wage ball this summer.

basing this on Footy Man but on the season we got him from Schalke, he was on £7k/w, i reckon he is on £20k/w at most tbh

I reckon Lovenkrands will be on reasonably high wages aswell, be able to free up a tonne of unneeded rubbish off the wage ball this summer.

Don't think he is, £20-25k tops. Can see him leaving this window though, he said something about wanting to play more a while back.

Don't think he is, £20-25k tops. Can see him leaving this window though, he said something about wanting to play more a while back.

added to this, he is settled in the area having spent alot of time in Scotland, if he was going to play 20 games a season (which he wont) til the end of his career, he'd probably take that. I really like him as a person, but yeah, he isnt good enough...

£20-25k in our wage bill is a lot for a player rarely getting a look in. If he leaves with those wages we would be freeing up almost £1,2m in his wages alone for a season. 

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/130343.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Newcastle the latest to eye swoop for Hoilett

Harry Harris, ESPNsoccernet

January 11, 2012

ESPNsoccernet understands Newcastle United could be set to lodge a bid for Blackburn Rovers winger Junior Hoilett.

Hoillet, 21, has impressed for Blackburn this season, despite the club's poor form that sees them bottom of the Premier League table.

It has been reported that interest in the Canada international is mounting - with Blackburn alleged to be open to a deal, aware they could lose the forward for nothing in the summer when his contract expires.

The likes of Tottenham have been mentioned as potential suitors, and now Newcastle appear to have joined the race to acquire his signature.

A source told ESPNsoccernet: "Newcastle might be the club who make a move for Hoilett, that is the buzz around Blackburn at the moment."

Such is Blackburn's financial plight that the club need to sell before attempting to add to their squad, and an asking price of around £7 million for Hoilett could pave the way for additions.

:fwap:

But it's not going to happen :okay:

Guest bimpy474

7m? contracts up in the summer isnt it? should get him for less than that

Summer after mate, 18 months left.

Edit : your talking about Hoilett and not Simpson, apologises  :rose:

Guest Roger Kint

Not sure Hoilett would get more than Sturridge mind, maybe £4m with extra's or something. Still wouldnt be worth selling now for what he could give over the next few months for Blackburn though.

Guest VaVaVoom

Not sure Hoilett would get more than Sturridge mind, maybe £4m with extra's or something. Still wouldnt be worth selling now for what he could give over the next few months for Blackburn though.

Agreed.

Might not want a relegation on his record though.

Agreed.

Might not want a relegation on his record though.

Ba and Parker are doing fine with a relegation on their record. as are colo and lots of other players

I'd love Hoilett here. However I doubt the club have the ambition to go for him and I doubt they would be prepared to pay for him either.

He can pretty much cover central midfield, the wings and also up front if needed.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/130343.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Newcastle the latest to eye swoop for Hoilett

Harry Harris, ESPNsoccernet

January 11, 2012

ESPNsoccernet understands Newcastle United could be set to lodge a bid for Blackburn Rovers winger Junior Hoilett.

Hoillet, 21, has impressed for Blackburn this season, despite the club's poor form that sees them bottom of the Premier League table.

It has been reported that interest in the Canada international is mounting - with Blackburn alleged to be open to a deal, aware they could lose the forward for nothing in the summer when his contract expires.

The likes of Tottenham have been mentioned as potential suitors, and now Newcastle appear to have joined the race to acquire his signature.

A source told ESPNsoccernet: "Newcastle might be the club who make a move for Hoilett, that is the buzz around Blackburn at the moment."

Such is Blackburn's financial plight that the club need to sell before attempting to add to their squad, and an asking price of around £7 million for Hoilett could pave the way for additions.

:fwap:

But it's not going to happen :okay:

Throw in Raylor and Obertan and it's only a couple of million.