NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Well if no concrete links by thursday, we can pretty much say goodbye to anyone coming in.

might see ireland in on deadline day if villa haven't moved him by the weekend and decide just to take what wages they can get us to pay

if some depth isn't added at MF, i truly fear for the second half of the season.

Ben Arfa and Tiote returning will be massive, I think we'll be fine even if we don't add another player. Barton, Tiote, Gosling, Nolan, Guthrie, Jonas, Ben Arfa is almost two players for each position, and most of them can do a capable job in most MF positions. And we've got Ferguson and Vuckic should things go tits up.

Pablo piatti?

Almeria winger

s*** source footylatest

http://www.footylatest.com/newcastle-ready-to-make-a-move-for-argentinian-whiz-kid/19354?

Would be excellent if it happens - I do like the random, out of the blue links (to the decent players, obviously!) I must say.

Watched him against Atletico last season. Class (tiny)player with good work rate and speed.

If there's a winger from that league that i'd really like, it's Diego Capel. Hilarious diving b******.

Headless chicken. How can you hate Jonas but like this guy?

Aye, here's Diego Capel during regular play:

http://www.clubbol.com/jugadores/diego-capel/fotos/img/grandes/no-veo-nada.jpg

Best, Xisco and Lovenkrands are all worse than Ameobi. 

True story.

However, it is probably the worst compliment anyone could ever make. It is 0.0000000000008% better than a derogatory comment.

That's irrelevant though. The point is that Shola is our second best striker and as such selling him without a superior replacement coming in would be madness.

Exactly.

Good little player and he works hard too, reminds me of a young Munitis (Racing Santander).

I think he would fit ok into the prem as he has that aggressive nature aswell...

Sell shola and get this guy, would be a x10 improvement!!

Pablo Piatti to NUFC? YES PLEASE. I love that player.

Same would love to see him sign for Newcastle. Highly doubt we will sign him or have even attempted to sign him. He's going to cost at least 10 million. With Almeria struggling to stay up and fighting in the relegation battle wouldn't suprise me if he did move to a big club either in this transfer window or summer.

Not a single link from Spain that I can find. Was maybe hoping they'd picked up something that everyone had missed but naaaaaah.

I'll dip in their fan forums and see if there's something. I love that player and I'd love it if that link was true.

Naw, nothing. Pity.

Pablo Piatti to NUFC? YES PLEASE. I love that player.

Same would love to see him sign for Newcastle. Highly doubt we will sign him or have even attempted to sign him. He's going to cost at least 10 million. With Almeria struggling to stay up and fighting in the relegation battle wouldn't suprise me if he did move to a big club either in this transfer window or summer.

The problem with Piatti is that Almería paid €7m for him so they won't be selling cheap, and despite his potential he really hasn't consistently performed as a €10m player. And as you said their up to their neck in a relegation battle. A summer move would be more likely, particularly if they end up relegated and are forced to sell at a loss (they seem to be in good form right now, though).