NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

think it is time for a change regarding 3pm saturday games - all premiership matches should be available to watch, even if only via online packages. everyone is already doing it with the various streaming sites, but i would pay £10 or £15 a month to watch newcastle games on a good quality stream with little/no delays.

I'd say £10/£15 is too cheap. The charge per game would have to be the price of the cheapest match day ticket.

It's all moot anyway as Sky would never allow it to happen.

They'd LOVE it to happen!

Never heard of sky.com?

Loads of people would fuck their £50/month Sky package off though, so they'd be down.

Well then the FA should sack Sky off an do it themselves.

think it is time for a change regarding 3pm saturday games - all premiership matches should be available to watch, even if only via online packages. everyone is already doing it with the various streaming sites, but i would pay £10 or £15 a month to watch newcastle games on a good quality stream with little/no delays.

I'd say £10/£15 is too cheap. The charge per game would have to be the price of the cheapest match day ticket.

Never heard of sky.com?

Loads of people would fuck their £50/month Sky package off though, so they'd be down.

not sure about that, it would open up new revenue and advertising for them, and they could offer deals to existing customers just to add it to their package at a reduced rate. tbh i think most people are too used to sky tv to go and cancel it outright, even if people did get rid of the sports packages. they could even offer all games that arent otherwise televised, so that you'd still keep sky sports for the usual sunday matches. i think it'll happen eventually, and already has in places like norway.

Still astonished we are coming out of another window with just one established LB in the squad. God knows what happens if Enrique gets injured.

We need to look at an understudy for Tiote too. Smith has to be out the door in the summer.

Larsson will be good given our current circumstances, dont think he is a massive upgrade on Raylor though. Pardews comments about Pace being a necessity look pretty stupid so far.

Never heard of sky.com?

I don't get how sky having even more matches and therefore an even bigger grip over the game ends up with them losing money?

Never heard of sky.com?

I don't get how sky having even more matches and therefore an even bigger grip over the game ends up with them losing money?

I just mean that in general people get skanked by Sky because the sports package makes up about 80% of the sub cost. They make you take a load of shit you might not want to get the football.

Overall you're probably right, but I can imagine a lot of people would get rid of Sky altogether if they could just follow their own team every game for a third of the price.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Still astonished we are coming out of another window with just one established LB in the squad. God knows what happens if Enrique gets injured.

We need to look at an understudy for Tiote too. Smith has to be out the door in the summer.

Larsson will be good given our current circumstances, dont think he is a massive upgrade on Raylor though. Pardews comments about Pace being a necessity look pretty stupid so far.

Larsson's a pretty big upgrade on Raylor imo. Raylor may be able to ping in some good crosses, but his general play is shocking.

Never heard of sky.com?

I just mean that in general people get skanked by Sky because the sports package makes up about 80% of the sub cost. They make you take a load of shit you might not want to get the football.

Overall you're probably right, but I can imagine a lot of people would get rid of Sky altogether if they could just follow their own team every game for a third of the price.

If I could watch our games on the web for a decent fee I'd sack of Sky, no problem. It's a huge expense nowadays and I only have it for sport.

It wont happen because Sky would have to pay the FA and Premier League quite a large fee to make up for the fact it would have a horrific impact on attendances. The clubs and the league would not agree unless they were satisfied they were going to have their loses covered and when you consider how much Sky already pays for the rights to show 60+ live games over the course of the season you'll quickly realise why it's unworkable.

You'd also begin to get clubs asking for bigger cuts depending on the number of subscribers they bring in, which would be a lurch towards allowing clubs to negotiate their own TV rights. Not somewhere we want to go.

We have a great legal option in Canada through Rogers Sportsnet. I pay $15/month (which I think is something like £7) and I can watch every game that's being played live, regardless of whether it's on television. I'm not sure if it will work in England, but there are often ways around these things. I've never missed a Newcastle game this season. Watched them all live.

If you go to sportsnet.ca and click on the "Soccer" tab, there should be a link to it.

We have a great legal option in Canada through Rogers Sportsnet. I pay $15/month (which I think is something like £7) and I can watch every game that's being played live, regardless of whether it's on television. I'm not sure if it will work in England, but there are often ways around these things. I've never missed a Newcastle game this season. Watched them all live.

If you go to sportsnet.ca and click on the "Soccer" tab, there should be a link to it.

similar to norway

Guest Tall Striker

take a chance on Woodgate anyone?? - Think he could be a decent loan signing, IF he got fitness back of course.

Still obviously need a LB, don't recall seeing one being linked in press lately.

In a heartbeat, but that's probably me letting my judgement being tinted by remembering his form for us last time.

Guest Tall Striker

I remember him telling Shepherd that he'd be back one day.

Then turned us down on the two occasions we tried to re-sign him.

Still comfortably the best defender i've seen in black and white.

He turned us down when he went to Boro because we were too focussed on his injury problems whereas they didn't ask him about it.

He turned us down when he went to Spurs because 'he wanted to win trophies' and didn't want to become 'stale'. He wouldn't come, and despite him being the best defender that I've seen in a B+W shirt, I don't think I'd want him here either.