NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Heneage

It says Norwich not us?

Also I'd not believe a word that comes out of Ricketts mouth, consistently lied in the past.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Twatharris on twitter says Lee charney has had a busy day. Announcement in the next few days

Too random to be unsubstantial?

Guest taps01

Twatharris on twitter says Lee charney has had a busy day. Announcement in the next few days

Too random to be unsubstantial?

If and its a huge if there is something going to be announced i guess it will be Nolan signing a new contract.

kevboz11 Kevin Borrett

@NorwichCityFC rohan ricketts just tweeted he may be having trial with us.....

He didn't say that, he said it was going to be seeing and chatting with carver later this week didn't say why. It's like chinese whispers on twitter sometimes

The sun

NEWCASTLE boss Alan Pardew is eyeing French talent this summer.

Pardew has been tracking Toulouse's £5million-rated defensive pair Cheikh M'Bengue and Franck Tabanou, who can both play left-back.

They could be replacements for Spaniard Jose Enrique — a target for Liverpool and Tottenham.

And Pardew has also been in touch with Lorient in the hope of snatching highly-rated French striker Kevin Gameiro 24, for a decent price.

The Newcastle boss said: "I haven't put a figure on how many players I want because it depends on the renegotiations of players we have.

"Joey Barton, Enrique and Kevin Nolan all need contract deals sorted out — and there are others I won't mention that we still need to secure."

Pardew confirmed Newcastle have been in touch with a number of clubs about the availability of their players.

The Toon boss added: "We've made contact with a few clubs about their players, I think that's important.

"There's a lot to be done but the process has started. Our chief scout Graham Carr and his team have been very much on the ball and understand exactly where the European market is and the targets we have."

The success story of Cheik Tiote in the Premier League since his move from FC Twente last summer has led to plenty of scouting trips to Holland.

But players in France are highest on Pardew's wishlist.

Guest DairylandMag

The Guardian has a story up on Taarabt's future: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/02/adel-taarabt-unsure-qpr-future

"I don't know yet [if I will stay at QPR]," said Taarabt. "I'm very happy with what I've achieved but now we have all summer and after that I will see the manager [Neil Warnock], see what they want to do and then we will take a decision.

According to today's Chronicle we're apparently back in for Connor Whickham. Would love it if we got him, propper old fashioned with a cracking shot on him (AC anyone). Nowhere near the finished article at 18 but would love it if got him, as long is it was reasonable in terms of price. Would like if we bid for that Chamberlain too, but Man U, Le Arse etc are after him.

According to today's Chronicle we're apparently back in for Connor Whickham. Would love it if we got him, propper old fashioned with a cracking shot on him (AC anyone). Nowhere near the finished article at 18 but would love it if got him, as long is it was reasonable in terms of price. Would like if we bid for that Chamberlain too, but Man U, Le Arse etc are after him.

He isn't what we need right now at all.

I'm not saying he's the short term answer. Maybe even loan him back out to Ipswich. But if we got Whickham, Gamerio/Sow and Elmander on a free I'd probably be reasonably content. Definatly need a nippy striker as well though.

Why not?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why not?

He is an expensive unknown quantity who will probably be a top player in 3/4 years time

We need instant impact

Why not?

he is what every club needs, a young lad full of talent and potential with a bit experience already behind him but it depends where he would fit in the scheme of things. would he be our front line starting striker, if so then i'd look elsewhere, if he's to be part of the squad and develop then get him in, though i'd doubt we'd spend that sort of cash on the latter.