NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

According to today's Chronicle we're apparently back in for Connor Whickham. Would love it if we got him, propper old fashioned with a cracking shot on him (AC anyone). Nowhere near the finished article at 18 but would love it if got him, as long is it was reasonable in terms of price. Would like if we bid for that Chamberlain too, but Man U, Le Arse etc are after him.

He isn't what we need right now at all.

Why not?

He is an expensive unknown quantity who will probably be a top player in 3/4 years time

We need instant impact

But wouldn't you rather we got him than someone else? He is going to be a top player, and also being 18 means he would fit in a homegrown quota by the time he's 21, which could prove useful especially if we're too push for Europe in the next 3-5 years. I'd 100 % take a chance, I've heard £15 million being quoted but I definatly think if we offered £8million with maybe a year's loan down there they would take it.

I've not seen Connor Whickham play other than highlights, but he sounds like a good investment. As in we could sell him for more money as soon as he looks like making the grade.

I've not seen Connor Whickham play other than highlights, but he sounds like a good investment. As in we could sell him for more money as soon as he looks like making the grade.

This. A Mike Ashley signing no doubt. Probably get him. Well I hope so anyway.

Cannot imagine Wichkham coming here.  Clubs like Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool are interested and he is supposedly a Liverpool supporter.

Or he'll see the Carroll model and think 12 good months here and he could be there anyway.

I definitely think we could overachieve this summer, simply by using Carroll as an example.

"Yeah you could go to Liverpool, to Chelsea, to Arsenal - as a promising player. Or you could play here for 2 years and go there as a superstar."

Ideally we'd not be a stepping stone, but if that ultimately gives us the stability to push for Europe, it could secure us a Lukaku or a Wickham.

In Wigan's case its a good idea gone wrong - they're getting relegated. But instead of doing it with Honduran league players, we'll do it with Carroll, Ben Arfa, Tiote etc because we're a bigger club. The counter-examples to Wigan are Sevilla, Spurs and Lyon (maybe Porto too but they were already big).

I added him on Facebook last year when his name was mentioned and he said he wanted to come to us then and he asked me how he should try and contact the club. :lol:

Could have started my life as a Football Agent there and then. :(

Together though in a 4-2-3-1.....

-----------------Matuidi--------Tiote------------------

-----Barton-----------Ben Arfa------------Jonas----

-------------------------New Striker-------------------

Like it.