NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

They got him on the cheap, so its a shame. Where'd you hear that?

The article said he thought he was coming over to sign for us or Villa.

"I was bound for England. Then I became aware of an interest in Lyon. As soon as the OL has shown to my environment, Lyon has become my priority. In my mind, there was no ambiguity. OL is one of the biggest clubs in French, if not the greatest "

http://www.topmercato.com/39692,1/fofana-veut-montrer-les-griffes-a-l-ol.html

Bojan. :fwap:

http://www.nuevofutbol.com/2011/11/11/fc-barcelona-bojan-apunta-como-fichaje-del-newcastle/

"Krkic's name has been added to the Magpies from Newcastle's agenda, who wish to sign Bojan in January, and will first attempt to loan the player, or even to buy for less than the €12m that it would cost Barcelona to re-sign him..."

EDIT: Original source was Footybunker...crap. :lol:

Bojan. :fwap:

http://www.nuevofutbol.com/2011/11/11/fc-barcelona-bojan-apunta-como-fichaje-del-newcastle/

"Krkic's name has been added to the Magpies from Newcastle's agenda, who wish to sign Bojan in January, and will first attempt to loan the player, or even to buy for less than the €12m that it would cost Barcelona to re-sign him..."

EDIT: Original source was Footybunker...crap. :lol:

just went on the Barca forum to see if there's any chat about this only to discover they have an eleven page thread on...... Coloccini, with a raging debate about whether he's world class or not. Fighting our corner...Sewelly.  :D

Back on topic. I think Bojan is exactly the type of forward we should be going for - young, technical and highly rated. the form of Ba and Best means there's less pressure to go for the finished product, and we can afford a bit of a gamble on a top development player offering something different. And having that extra bit of intelligence, skill or technique is something we dont have atm - as Best is hard-working and has presence, Ba is a livewire who has good movement and is a goal threat, and Shola's a bit of both only shitter.

Guest Roger Kint

Never been convinced with Bojan, always been a bit Gianni Dos Santos to me, has too many hit/miss games.

Who is Fofana? Never heard of him tbh, any good?  :undecided:

just went on the Barca forum to see if there's any chat about this only to discover they have an eleven page thread on...... Coloccini, with a raging debate about whether he's world class or not. Fighting our corner...Sewelly.  :D

It was the other Toon fan on there that was doing most of the arguing.  :lol:

Too much spare time.

Tbf Cajun you've got quite the workload posting on two NUFC boards. My other accounts only make up a small percentage of the disgraceful post count racked up on here. This is easily the best forum I've seen on the net, like.

This lad - Erik Andersson - is having a nine day trial with us. 14 years old...

http://hd.se/landskrona/2011/11/10/bois-talang-tranar-med-newcastle/

Swedish and Tottenham fan. Urgh.

Better than a Norwegian Newcastle fan. Yuk.

What is it with those Norwegians hating all other Scandinavians? It's a Mackem-esque obsession!

Have nothing against Scandinavians in general. In football on the other hand. That goes for Norwegians as well.

I'd say it's the other way around. But that's more an issue for you, Denmark and Finland. Arrogant as it might be, but you lot go unnoticed most of the time.

I don't get the point.

Bojan would be a weird santon esque signing for us.  How is hr doing at roma?

He fits our profile of talented players whose careers have stalled and who may be eager for the chance to get started again. Risky, but great if it comes off. I wouldn't be at all surprised about this one.

Bojan is a quality player who's just lacking confidence. Regular games and a couple of goals will solve that. He's a deadly finisher (on his day) and his all-round play ain't bad either. And he's got pace to burn. A confident Bojan would have lots of fun in the Premiership.

Wiki says three in eight for roma, which isn't bad. Totti isn't getting any younger. Is Enrique under pressure or is Bojan not fitting in?

Bojan's doing fine at Roma and seems happy enough playing under Luis Enrique. The whole 'new era' thing hasn't started as well as it could have done. I've mentioned before on here somewhere that I think the overhaul of the playing system, staff, squad at the beginning wouldnt do us any favours in the immediate time, but if this sticks then it will pay off next season. If it sticks..!

Cant see Bojan coming here, sorry. He followed LE to Roma cause he wouldn't get a game under Pep, he knows he has some quality and don't think he would come here with no affiliation with the club. Just how I see it!

Totti has said he wants to play until he is 40, and if he stays injury free I dont see why not. He's lost the pace and runs he's had but as a creative entity with a sublime pass and strike he could probably afford to stay

Village Idiot will know more about Bojan then from what i've seen of him though

Sewelly is a fine ambassador.  Marching's taken a shine to him on the 'caf, always a good sign. 

Single handedly fighting the NUFC stereotypes.

Sewelly  :icon_salut:

Sunderland is an absolute shithole though. Crucial factor in terms of potential. Bit of a blow when potential signings have to land at Newcastle Airport.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/8188-Newcastle-United-F.C./page2

Sewelly is a fine ambassador.  Marching's taken a shine to him on the 'caf, always a good sign. 

Single handedly fighting the NUFC stereotypes.

Sewelly  :icon_salut:

Sunderland is an absolute shithole though. Crucial factor in terms of potential. Bit of a blow when potential signings have to land at Newcastle Airport.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/8188-Newcastle-United-F.C./page2

no surprise it's a scouser talking shit in there