NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Always thought Roberts had the attributes to be a good striker.  Remember seeing him play at SJP a few years back and thought he looked good, but never seemed to ever do that well in the Premier League.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/08/12/toon-boss-hughton-only-sets-realistic-targets-61634-27046508/

With just a few days to go before United mark their top-flight comeback with a trip to Old Trafford, Hughton – who says he is hopeful of adding at least one new face before Monday’s game – admits that it would be “unrealistic” to even target a European qualification spot this season.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/08/12/toon-boss-hughton-only-sets-realistic-targets-61634-27046508/

With just a few days to go before United mark their top-flight comeback with a trip to Old Trafford, Hughton – who says he is hopeful of adding at least one new face before Monday’s game – admits that it would be “unrealistic” to even target a European qualification spot this season.

I'm hopeful of getting a dirty bristow off Scarlett Johansson.

BBC Scotland Newspaper Gossip -

St Mirren manager Danny Lennon may use a recent trip to Newcastle to bring in loan players from St James' Park. (Herald)

Wow, absolutely no content in the sentence at all. Nice journalism.

:lol:

As David Icke said, I may get a dirty bristow off Scarlett Johansson.

His goal record for Blackburn is no better then Ameobi's!  But your using a Championship goal record to prove he's a good striker? :lol:  You dick

And just When did I say he was a good striker? I said he was better than our lot.

But he isn't, he's a striker with a Premiership goal record worse then Ameobi and he's now nearly 33 so his one good attribute (his pace which is basically his entire game) will be fading away.  At his best he was a just about passable Premiership striker, and that's being kind.  Now he's an awful striker, like I said, and shouldn't even be playing in the Premiership anymore.  But apparently I'm not a real Newcastle fan and make Newcastle a target by the media because of my totally justified opinion on Jason Roberts :lol:  You honestly need to wind your neck in sometimes and think about what you're posting.

Norwegian media is all about who will get Huseklepp now. They are listing scouts from about 20 clubs at the Norway vs France friendly yesterday. Unfortunately no mention of Newcastle..

You sound like you've just looked up his stats without ever seeing him play. As I said, he's better then what we've got.

You sound like you saw him run fast once and had no idea about what he's actually achieved in the Premiership.  Again, he isn't, the one attribute he has which could help us is his pace (and that's all the fucker has), but he's nearly 33 now, which means his pace could go at any time.

To be honest I don't really care if you think he's better then all our strikers, currently its arguable.  What I don't like is when someone attacks me because I have an opinion on a player, IMO he is an awful striker who isn't good enough for the Premiership anymore, can you handle that? :)

Update in the last 4 hours on Arevalo...

http://www.ovaciondigital.com.uy/100812/futnac-507809/futbolnacional/un-principito-en-la-mira-de-keosseian

The Aurinegros were waiting last night in Lisbon for a meeting with Pablo Bentancur & Gerardo Rebadja on the subject of Egidio Arevalo Rios. The agreement between them would set the wheels in motion for him to go to Newcastle.

Update in the last 4 hours on Arevalo...

http://www.ovaciondigital.com.uy/100812/futnac-507809/futbolnacional/un-principito-en-la-mira-de-keosseian

The Aurinegros were waiting last night in Lisbon for a meeting with Pablo Bentancur & Gerardo Rebadja on the subject of Egidio Arevalo Rios. The agreement between them would set the wheels in motion for him to go to Newcastle.

I know one of the journos said on twitter this was rubbish, would be delighted if we brought him in. Here's hoping.

He's also strong and a decent finisher.

I'll give you strong, but he's not a decent finisher like.

and you would have to wonder why Allardyce wants rid of him when Blackburn are not entirely flush with strikers, especially one who is supposed to be such a decent finisher.

Guest sittingontheball

Woudl that be the same Allardyce that replaced Scott Parker with Alan Smith (or was it Joey Barton)?