NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

anyway, going for this lad on a permanent? terrible deal, what if he turns out to be shit? we should attempt a loan with no guarantee of buying so if he is good another team can snap him up at the end of the season.

Fair play, that is quite funny.

Weird that nobody in the history of football has picked up the amazing benefits of the loan with compulsory purchase deal though.

Dindane's loan to pompey was exactly that, play x number of games and they had to pay to make it permanent. Likewise Mensah's loan to Sunderland this season includes a clause to automatically trigger a permanent deal if he plays in 25 games.

Don't think we should be using the financial dealings of Pompey as our template TBH.

In the case of Mensah it might well have been to protect the Mackems from having to sign a perma-crock. Which seems sensible.

Guest Heneage

anyway, going for this lad on a permanent? terrible deal, what if he turns out to be s***? we should attempt a loan with no guarantee of buying so if he is good another team can snap him up at the end of the season.

Fair play, that is quite funny.

Weird that nobody in the history of football has picked up the amazing benefits of the loan with compulsory purchase deal though.

Dindane's loan to pompey was exactly that, play x number of games and they had to pay to make it permanent. Likewise Mensah's loan to Sunderland this season includes a clause to automatically trigger a permanent deal if he plays in 25 games.

Exactly. It can't leave you with a big problem of potentially needing to play them without actually wanting to buy them.

Guest andrew

Nowhere near as good as Barton.

No, but he is better than smith and nolan. If we could offload one of them, I'd happily replace them for Bullard.

If Nolan wasn't such a pointless squad member this season i wouldn't touch Bullard with a bargepole. I'd gamble on a like-for-like swap, at the moment though. Nolan's just so completely toothless. He's a poxy striker in this division, and absolutely nothing more. He can't get into the game in centre-midfield and he's gonna have absolutely fuck all influence playing off the striker.

Bullard's an absolute perma-crock and i'd feel somewhat uneasy if we signed him, but if it was a case of signing him for peanuts (or being funded by a departure) - i'd go for it. He's a decent player.