NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Then Barton. (Who always should have been our captain imo)

Why??

Because he's one of our best players, drives on the play and talks a lot with our players.

He's had a decent start to the season but apart from a couple of games he's done f*** all to warrant being anywhere near captain??

Fine. Be happy with Nolan or Smith leading us out then.  :thup:

Being a captain isn't being our best player, although it inevitably leads them to being in the team more.

I wouldn't want Barton as captain. He's not much of a leader and his somewhat muddy past wouldn't exactly help matters.

Nolan is actually the best candidate we currently have for captain IMO. From what I've seen of him, he leads the line very well and is constantly talking and organising everyone all the time.

Nolan does a good job as a captain, no doubt about it.

But the thing is, I'd rather drop him than Barton.

Same here. But like I say, the best player isn't already the best captain.

If we have to get rid of Nolan, then I say we pick someone like Campbell as his replacement.

What? Someone older and unfitter?  :lol:

:lol: Someone more likely to be in the team I mean.

Removed as I totally misread the convo building up to the line, its quite incredible what i thought was going on really.  :lol:

Dropping Routledge would be a big mistake imo.

:thup:

As I said before, I'd rather drop Jonas than Routledge.

Definitely. Just because he's Argentinian doesn't mean he's that good, which seems to affect a lot of peoples judgements.

There's space for them both in the first team though.

Jonas and Enrique work wll together and give the opposing teams flank a bloody hard time.  Why change that?

Definitely. Just because he's Argentinian doesn't mean he's that good, which seems to affect a lot of peoples judgements.

Jonas and Enrique work wll together and give the opposing teams flank a bloody hard time.  Why change that?

Exactly, I wouldn't. But individually I think Routs is more effective.

Perch and Routledge worked very well together against Villa, I thought.

Hughton added: “Ben Arfa is a player who can play in the striker position, the two wide positions or just off the front.

“We’ve just got to make sure, as I have continually said, that by the time the window shuts we have the squad that is capable of getting us through the down periods when we’ll have injuries.”

Blatantly cover for Nolan then. ;)

In one game, fair enough....Jonas and Enrique have done it over a season now.

In one game, fair enough....Jonas and Enrique have done it over a season now.

Perch and Routledge only had one game so far. (I don't count the Man Utd game, where Jonas and Enrique haven't worked together as well)

You think because he's Argentinian, people rate him higher than if he was Scottish? What a load of tosh. José is Spanish, it doesn't mean I rate him highly because of that fact alone.

You think because he's Argentinian, people rate him higher than if he was Scottish? What a load of tosh. José is Spanish, it doesn't mean I rate him highly because of that fact alone.

Well, what about the fact he's a full Argentinian international?

Still irrelevant. I judge him by how he performs for Newcastle, nothing else comes into it.

Still irrelevant. I judge him by how he performs for Newcastle, nothing else comes into it.

I'm not talking about sensible people by the way, I'm talking about the spackers.

Guest Roger Kint

Keane at Newcastle General?

My mate thinks he saw Sturridge on the Quayside this morning too, not convinced by either ;D

Guest sicko2ndbest

Could Keane be the back up option too Ben Arfa?

No we need a striker as well

If we get Keane i think Best will go