NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest sicko2ndbest

Surely Barton or Enrique. Both would be good news, obviously.

Pitiful though how he seems to have either a) not known what money there was to spend on fees and wages, or b) outright lied about what was available to him. It's clear that we've tried for some players but all that matters is that we haven't got any.

I would say Barton is the one he is one about

Surely Barton or Enrique. Both would be good news, obviously.

Pitiful though how he seems to have either a) not known what money there was to spend on fees and wages, or b) outright lied about what was available to him. It's clear that we've tried for some players but all that matters is that we haven't got any.

Regarding a), didn't Pardew come out saying he "didn't know what his transfer funds would be but he would be banging on Ashley's door to get some reinforcements in" (or words to that effect) shortly after he became our manager?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The last sentence sounds like Mike has put his foot down

Asked about the transfer window, Pardew believed the biggest factor is securing existing players.

"I'm pretty close to securing another player of our squad and that will be a big bonus for the club," he said.

"So I've concentrated on that, if one becomes available I think can help then great but the squad players for me are doing terrific.

"There is a good feeling in the group and good strength."

Skysports

That'll be Barton then

Just been reading a few of the stephen ireland articles kicking around on the web. can't see it happening due to his wages but, and this goes for any player not just ireland, as a team we must now be seen as a fresh start for players who've lost their way. The way Colo and Jose have turned round their careers, barton has came back from, well jail. I can hoestly see some players taking a wage cut (within reason) to be a part of "this group of lads".

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just been reading a few of the stephen ireland articles kicking around on the web. can't see it happening due to his wages but, and this goes for any player not just ireland, as a team we must now be seen as a fresh start for players who've lost their way. The way Colo and Jose have turned round their careers, barton has came back from, well jail. I can hoestly see some players taking a wage cut (within reason) to be a part of "this group of lads".

I'll be honest

Colo and Jose's careers were going pretty well before they came here

To be fair we have bought HBA this window. I want is to buy players but only if they will improve us. Too often in the past we've panic bought in this window and ended up with mediocre players.

To be fair we have bought HBA this window. I want is to buy players but only if they will improve us. Too often in the past we've panic bought in this window and ended up with mediocre players.

IMO your going back a while to find an absolute disaster (I am thinking Souey) of a Jan. I am sure I could find a equal amount of bad summer signings. The only thing I worry about in the winter window is if you sign fringe players who have not played a great deal there is no pre-seaosn to get them into shape.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Gk

Harper

Krul

Forster

Defenders

Simpson

Taylor

Taylor r

Colo

Willi

Jose

Sol

Perch

Midfield

Jonas

Guthrie

Nolan

Barton

Smith

Tiote

HBA

Rout (loan)

gosling

Forwards

Carroll

Ameobi

Best

Loven

Ranger

Xisco

The squad is not that bad as it is. It's just injuries and suspensions that are making things seem worse

Well, all in all the first eleven is decent (when there's no suspensions or injuries), however if you look at forwards backup.

Ameobi? He needs a dozen of chances.

Best? Seems he was just lucky with his hat-trick @ West Ham?

Loven? He's even worse than Ameobi, and his pace isn't really all that, if anything he should almost be regarded as a backup winger. How long is his contract btw?

Ranger is decent, but Pardew is no fan it seems as he prefers to put Loven on to play 30 mins while mr Nile only gets 5.

Xisco? Nobody knows, he might be good, but it seems he's too gay to make in on the field.

I'm pretty sure we end up with nothing and that Pardew is all talk and jibberish.

Well, all in all the first eleven is decent (when there's no suspensions or injuries), however if you look at forwards backup.

Ameobi? He needs a dozen of chances.

Best? Seems he was just lucky with his hat-trick @ West Ham?

Loven? He's even worse than Ameobi, and his pace isn't really all that, if anything he should almost be regarded as a backup winger. How long is his contract btw?

Ranger is decent, but Pardew is no fan it seems as he prefers to put Loven on to play 30 mins while mr Nile only gets 5.

Xisco? Nobody knows, he might be good, but it seems he's too gay to make in on the field.

I'm pretty sure we end up with nothing and that Pardew is all talk and jibberish.

tbf best has looked decent since the west ham game just a bit unlucky with his chance hitting the bar and not going in today

tbf best has looked decent since the west ham game just a bit unlucky with his chance hitting the bar and not going in today

I think far too many people have been taken in by the goals Best scored against the worst defence I've seen this season, no goals for 13 months before that in the Championship is no fluke.

Gk

Harper

Krul

Forster

Defenders

Simpson

Taylor

Taylor r

Colo

Willi

Jose

Sol

Perch

Midfield

Jonas

Guthrie

Nolan

Barton

Smith

Tiote

HBA

Rout (loan)

gosling

Forwards

Carroll

Ameobi

Best

Loven

Ranger

Xisco

The squad is not that bad as it is. It's just injuries and suspensions that are making things seem worse

Upgrade the players I've put a line through and we have a good squad.

Guest sicko2ndbest

And Pardew is hopeful of making an addition - as well as holding on to one of his stars - before their next Premier League game at Fulham on February 2.

"I had a good meeting with Mike (Ashley, Newcastle owner) this week where we discussed a lot of things.

"I keep stressing to him the importance of the group that we've got, and we are very close to securing another person, a key player, and that's been my focus.

"For the next 10 days I will focus on bringing a player in who will help us." 

. Cock

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sunday sun saying Ireland is desperate to join but MA will wait until the end of the window to secure the best terms!

Torn on Ireland, was a brilliant player and I think if anyone can get him back to his best it's us (that is a massive change from a couple of years ago, thanks Hughton/Nolan).

He does seem a bit 'precious' and he would be back up at the moment which I don't think would be good for him.

Far too young to be written off but I don't think we can offer him what he needs unless playing off Carroll is a genuine option.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Torn on Ireland, was a brilliant player and I think if anyone can get him back to his best it's us (that is a massive change from a couple of years ago, thanks Hughton/Nolan).

He does seem a bit 'precious' and he would be back up at the moment which I don't think would be good for him.

Far too young to be written off but I don't think we can offer him what he needs unless playing off Carroll is a genuine option.

Agree with that, really.

He's been very poor for Villa, but he was a cracking player

I'd stay away from Ireland.. Even half his reported wage would be too much for what he has produced in the last 2 seasons..

I'd be perfectly ok if we don't sign anybody this window. There was one transfer that had to be done - Ben Arfa - and we signed him. We're not really desperate for new faces, especially for overpriced players who have done nothing in the last 2 years - like Ireland and Keane.

At the end of the day, we aren't doing that bad at the minute, even when key players like Tiote and Caroll have been missing. Over-achieving isn't really the word in my opinion, it's the fact the league doesn't have much quality/teams have a similar level of quality/other teams are shit...take your pick from those three...