NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Possibly over-optimistic, but I still reckon we'll land one of our big targets. With SWP and Ireland, I think of all the clubs that are likely to be interested, their preference is for us. As with Ben Arfa, that puts us in a good negotiating position, if the player is turning away from other offers.

He could get back to the kind of form he had a couple of years ago here if he settles well. The team spirit at Newcastle is brilliant, so if he came and wanted to stay he would have to half those wages. If he got back to form of old he would be a brilliant signing for us, particularly if it is just a loan to start.

The negativity shown by some posters on this board really has hit 'rock bottom' when they have to complain about anything that is remotely off topic. It's pushing me over the 'edge' and I'll be 'stone cold' and 6 feet under with the help of an 'undertaker' if it carries on much longer. We need our 'brood' of admin' to give these pessimists of 'mankind' a good old fashioned 'stinky face'.

As I say, gibberish.

I am open to the notion that the above post might be witty or clever to someone who doesn't think wrestling is a massive wankfest, however...

We were still in talks with Seb Larsson until Wednesday when "the rug was pulled" by Birmingham according to his agent (reported by Press Association)

“Then the manager (Alex McLeish) said he wanted to keep Seb for the rest of the season, then we got an email saying Birmingham had accepted an offer from Newcastle.

“So, we had been in talks with Newcastle until this Wednesday when the plug was pulled again and Birmingham decided they wanted to keep Seb.”

Johnson added: “Birmingham have treated Seb like cattle. Going backwards and forward four times is not acceptable.

“The club needs to sharpen up a bit and get a bit of class.”

Before World Cup last year Tor Kristian Karlsen (scout) had this to say about Barnetta:

"Lovely player; Loves going forward/beating players, catching enthusiasm, great at crossing the ball, takes defensive responsibility. Top bloke as well. "

We were still in talks with Seb Larsson until Wednesday when "the rug was pulled" by Birmingham according to his agent (reported by Press Association)

“Then the manager (Alex McLeish) said he wanted to keep Seb for the rest of the season, then we got an email saying Birmingham had accepted an offer from Newcastle.

“So, we had been in talks with Newcastle until this Wednesday when the plug was pulled again and Birmingham decided they wanted to keep Seb.”

Johnson added: “Birmingham have treated Seb like cattle. Going backwards and forward four times is not acceptable.

“The club needs to sharpen up a bit and get a bit of class.”

Would make sense of why Pardew has let Routledge go. Shafted at the last minute by Birmingham and already having made clear to Routledge he didn't fancy him by accepting an offer. Probably no point trying to hang onto him after that.

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Transfer latest from today's paper: #Safc bid for Bothroyd, Villa want #Nufc to pay Ireland's weekly £72k.

f*** off!

Switch the numbers around and that's what he'll get here.

Is their any substance to this Barnetta link??sky have it so...........

would be a class act..can cover both wings. Would imagine that he'd have to be 1st choice

18 months left on his contract & currently crocked it is nailed on we are after him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The last sentence sounds like Mike has put his foot down

Asked about the transfer window, Pardew believed the biggest factor is securing existing players.

"I'm pretty close to securing another player of our squad and that will be a big bonus for the club," he said.

"So I've concentrated on that, if one becomes available I think can help then great but the squad players for me are doing terrific.

"There is a good feeling in the group and good strength."

Skysports

Surely Barton or Enrique. Both would be good news, obviously.

Pitiful though how he seems to have either a) not known what money there was to spend on fees and wages, or b) outright lied about what was available to him. It's clear that we've tried for some players but all that matters is that we haven't got any.