NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Roger Kint

How can arsenal throw in senderos if he is out of contract? :lol: pretty sure he will decide where he is going.

;D

s.taylor to arsenal for 5m again in sunday mirror and saying chelsea villa and (fucking again) everton are interested

I just don't believe these rumours about big clubs chasing Taylor. He's simply not good enough. I think his agent is trying to tout him round.

Pretty much this.

Guest geordienorway

Adama Diakité from Lens linked with us and Werder Bremen in the french press. He is likely to sign a new contract at Lens though.

How can arsenal throw in senderos if he is out of contract? :lol: pretty sure he will decide where he is going.

My apologies. I meant to say unless rather than if.

As it stands, todays Sunday Sun are confirming that representatives from the club have contacted them advising no capital outlay as no money being sopent this summer so whether we have to sell as to buy seems to be in the lap of the gods unless Malcolm McDonald is right when he believes it is all just a smokescreen.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/2010/05/30/black-cats-join-toon-s-battle-for-dedryck-boyata-79310-26550575/

Newcastle’s hierarchy this week confirmed – in contacting newspapers to deny numerous transfer stories – that the “no capital outlay” referred to in their recent five-year mission statement DOES mean that they will be making no cash signings.

That to me doesn't sound like NUFC made a confirmation. The above reads more like the Sunday Sun taking NUFC contacting newspapers to deny numerous transfer stories as proof that “no capital outlay” does mean no cash signings.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/2010/05/30/black-cats-join-toon-s-battle-for-dedryck-boyata-79310-26550575/

Newcastle’s hierarchy this week confirmed – in contacting newspapers to deny numerous transfer stories – that the “no capital outlay” referred to in their recent five-year mission statement DOES mean that they will be making no cash signings.

That to me doesn't sound like NUFC made a confirmation. The above reads more like the Sunday Sun taking NUFC contacting newspapers to deny numerous transfer stories as proof that “no capital outlay” does mean no cash signings.

You really have to question the credibility of that article.

- Why is this only a 'btw' thing at the bottom of the article- surely it would be ahead of Steve Bruce's horny agent?

and

- Didn't the club say that they would not be making any further comment on it? Being stubborn cunts is one thing you can certainly guarantee from this board...

- Didn't the club say that they would not be making any further comment on it? Being stubborn c***s is one thing you can certainly guarantee from this board...

They did & then made comment the following day iirc.

Guest geordienorway

I wouldn't read to much into this. Hughton said he was confident of getting the backing he needed after Ashley released the statement.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Plenty of Ifs and buts about this rumour but if it is true and Taylor is holding the club to ransom, contract extension wise and if more clubs than Arsenal are interested, then start the bidding off at 5million and see how far we can get.

For example:

Arsenal can give us the cash and throw in Senderos who is out of contract, I think.

Everton can give us cash and throw in Yobo

Villa can give us cash and throw in Davies

with the extra cash plus a defender, we can buy, with any additional cash gained from the deal ,in signing Onouha from City or O'Hara from Spurs etc etc etc.

:dowie:

What?

How would the Sunday Sun know if they're banned from SJP and (I presume) official contact with the club?

and why are they the only ones carrying it?

Looks like a poor attempt to force the club to clarify.

Guest Heneage

s.taylor to arsenal for 5m again in sunday mirror and saying chelsea villa and (f***ing again) everton are interested

I just don't believe these rumours about big clubs chasing Taylor. He's simply not good enough. I think his agent is trying to tout him round.

Pretty much this.

Even with the new homegrown rule?

s.taylor to arsenal for 5m again in sunday mirror and saying chelsea villa and (f***ing again) everton are interested

Pretty much this.

Even with the new homegrown rule?

every club in prem meets the requirement

Pretty much this.

He is a decent Premiership right back imo.

Guest palnese

Pretty much this.

He is a decent Premiership right back imo.

A decent CB as well. Better at RB though.

How would the Sunday Sun know if they're banned from SJP and (I presume) official contact with the club?

The club has to deal with Thommy House &  the Sunday Sun is in Thommy House.

Correct. I'm told the club lawyers contacted the Journal denying they wanted to buy Onuoha, citing the "no capital outlay" statement as evidence.

The club has to deal with Thommy House &  the Sunday Sun is in Thommy House.

Correct. I'm told the club lawyers contacted the Journal denying they wanted to buy Onuoha, citing the "no capital outlay" statement as evidence.

Since when did a club's lawyers get involved in denying transfer rumours?

One thing's for sure, as great as it is playing the big strong guys "OMG look at us! We're banning the press from our stadium", I reckon we'll soon pay the price.

Although they spread unlimited amounts of crap these days, there's no question that the media in this country can easily make or break a person. The most we twist the kinfe in, the worse it'll become.

Don't forget that 70-odd % of the people in this country are like "It's in the paper so it must be true - why else would they say it?" - they'll spark protests and urest at SJP within a month of the season starting.

I reckon we're doing this to piss off the papers so much that they start saying things that aren't true, so that Dekka and his team of lawyers can sue the papers for damages and we can get a transfer kitty.

Stranger things have happened...

The lawyers will make a fucking mint if they are brought in to deny every transfer rumour.

Surely this iß costing the club money? Also, what's the point of denying transfer rumours?