NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Newcastle midfielder Cheik Tiote has revealed why he rejected a deadline-day move to Chelsea in January to stay with the Magpies. He said that the players made him feel welcome and he added: "Newcastle life is good for me. It is not like London - London is too busy, there are too many people. That makes it easier to focus on your job."

Eh?

so he snubbed chelsea? does that mean nufc didnt?

WHere was that quoted from?

Saw it from BBC gossip, but entire article - 'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1361098/Newcastle-star-Cheik-Tiote-happy-snubbed-Chelsea.html'  absolutely nought in there regards to Chelsea mind, odd nonetheless.

he snubbed chelsea? does that mean nufc didnt?

Newcastle midfielder Cheik Tiote has revealed why he rejected a deadline-day move to Chelsea in January to stay with the Magpies. He said that the players made him feel welcome and he added: "Newcastle life is good for me. It is not like London - London is too busy, there are too many people. That makes it easier to focus on your job."

Eh?

Saw it from BBC gossip, but entire article - 'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1361098/Newcastle-star-Cheik-Tiote-happy-snubbed-Chelsea.html'  absolutely nought in there regards to Chelsea mind, odd nonetheless.

I think NUFC would have ignored any bid for Titoe. In fact I believe that no bid was even submitted. But a possible scenario is that Tiote's agent has whispered to him that Chelsea was interested. Agents are fucking cretins, so I believe that they're capable of such behavior. If Tiote was  a weak soul, that utterance could have been enough to make him hand in a transfer request. Then Chelsea could place a bid. The article could be based on such a situation. But it's just as likely that the journalist is writing fiction.

Eh?

Saw it from BBC gossip, but entire article - 'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1361098/Newcastle-star-Cheik-Tiote-happy-snubbed-Chelsea.html'  absolutely nought in there regards to Chelsea mind, odd nonetheless.

My point exactly.

Think that Chelsea link is total balls TBH, those quotes about London could easily just be about why he likes it in Newcastle. We don't even know when they're from.

At a guess I'd say they were from that Fourfourtwo interview.

Think that Chelsea link is total balls TBH, those quotes about London could easily just be about why he likes it in Newcastle. We don't even know when they're from.

Wasn't aware there was one, sorry.

Wasn't aware there was one, sorry.

You fuckin wanna be!

Reet, ootside.

Eh?

Saw it from BBC gossip, but entire article - 'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1361098/Newcastle-star-Cheik-Tiote-happy-snubbed-Chelsea.html'  absolutely nought in there regards to Chelsea mind, odd nonetheless.

My point exactly.

:lol:

Aye, I heard we offered him to them for £2.5m. Said if they gave us 3m, we'd throw in Enrique.

Eh?

My point exactly.

:lol:

What's so funny?

It's clearly a ridiculous non-story, with the twisting of quotes and yet you still find some way of criticising the club through it.

I'm not criticising anyone. Yet you laugh at me on the basis that you believe there is no truth in the story ...

Gervinho would be a good signing I think. Although that poster on here (Ikon is it?) would probably drown in his own jizz so it's dangerous on his behalf.

Shame we'd lose him and Tioté for the ACoN though.

ME?  :lol:

Well tbh i would love to see us signing him, someone with great pace who also uses it with some good runs, cause i can imagine him being very effective with Joey in midfield, and Ben Arfa as well who's got a very nice through ball. We haven't had this type of player up front since Bellamy left. He does play as a right/left forward mostly though, as Sow is the central one.

I think Gervinho up front with a player in the same "style" as Kluivert/Bergkamp (you know what i mean) would be very nice, or Ben Arfa in a Beardsley role with Gervinho creatic havoc with his pace and runs, would be very effectice if we played the right way. Maybe Gervinho isn't the natural goalscorer but im sure he would find enough chanches to score quite many.

Dont know if we'll be able to compete for his signature though (depending on the clubs going for him that is)

What's so funny?

It's clearly a ridiculous non-story, with the twisting of quotes and yet you still find some way of criticising the club through it.

I'm not criticising anyone. Yet you laugh at me on the basis that you believe there is no truth in the story ...

Of course there's no truth in the story man. It's total bollocks based on those non-quotes.